Gator Basketball Todd Golden new Florida Men's Basketball Coach; hires Taurean Green

Great White Buffalo

Lifetime Member
Dec 7, 2017
Do we have a legit shot at him?

“I have more than I need,” Bennett said. “I’m blessed beyond what I deserve."

“Laurel and I are in a great spot, and in the past I’ve had increases in my contract,” Bennett said. “We just feel a great peace about where we’re at, all that’s taken place, and how we feel about this athletic department and this community and this school. I love being at UVA."

That was Sept 2019. Maybe things have changed, but that doesn't sound like a guy leaving. I went through about 10 google pages and best I can tell, the only "smoke" is a couple of writers putting him on their list. Their justification is he's been there 13 years and may be ready for a change...

Mornengswede

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2017
We’re probably not getting him. But anyone saying they don’t want that level of success here because they’d rather look pretty and lose than score slowly and win is not being rational.

This isn’t football. It’s not like you’re going to sit for two hours and see nothing happen.

And for thinking people, efficiency is a better marker of success than volume. Claiming otherwise just lowers your score on the iq test.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
We’re probably not getting him. But anyone saying they don’t want that level of success here because they’d rather look pretty and lose than score slowly and win is not being rational.

This isn’t football. It’s not like you’re going to sit for two hours and see nothing happen.

And for thinking people, efficiency is a better marker of success than volume. Claiming otherwise just lowers your score on the iq test.
I prefer a high scoring offense, however...

I'm fine with offensive efficiency as long as the goal isn't "just win by 1, baby." If we're up by 15, I don't want to see the O slow down - keep the normal pace and take the open shot when it presents itself. And for the love of Pete, let's have plenty of ball movement to find the open man. "Point Guard 20 second dribble then clang the rim" O is infuriating to watch.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
aTm doesn't get in :bwahaha:. Love it, they win 7 games in a row, roll over number 1 and 4 SECT seeds to get to the final, and then watch the reveal thinking "this next one must be our bracket". Fuk Jimbo and anything associated with him.

Buzz is having a meltdown. He could have at least waited till A&M won the NIT.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I am a big fan of players exhibiting "taught, drilled-in knowledge" on squaring up & shooting with high-hit % = scoring efficiency. Teach that, practice that = rehearse. rehearse.
Wanna see fierce player-concentration on ball handling, smart dribbling, and crisp passing with passers & receivers on the same page ... trained that way.
Want Gators trained, practiced at being mentally compartmentalized into maintaining our scoring streaks while dismantling theirs. Get leads and maintain those leads.
Fewest "rim-clang" shots. Less little guys dribbling into trees to get blocked or turned over. Have a Gator team specially trained in smarter backboard use.

Training, training intensified. Energized. And have a professor of medical hypnosis teach our players how to best relax & restore physiologically, imparting to them the skill of keeping awareness naturally on each player's frontal lobe. That's doable "thought-training" that can be programmed via guided practicing. There are years of data showing this awareness-training boosts performance. I am sure UF Medical has professors that apply this science. Enlist their teaching. UF needs to go the extra mile to bring back our lost Gator-effectiveness. Hurry up so we can get the better recruits to 'yearnestly' want to become Gators. Go new Gators, revolutionize UF basketball.
I'll be waiting intensely, right here where I've always been.:cool:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Buzz is having a meltdown. He could have at least waited till A&M won the NIT.

aTm got hosed for sure. That's too bad.
200.gif

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Wow.! What a PR speech. That's extension worthy right there. Railing on behalf of his players & their families. His data deserves a good look. Then again these Aggies might have been dispatched in their first contest. :confused:

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
No Bennett please, offensive efficiency is not the same as offense. I hate when people try and pull that out. Dont want that slow, keep it close, play with discipline to win game. Too many close games and you will always get beat by superior talent.
You would agree that efficiency is at least as important as generic term "offense". Bennett will play the game in accordance with his talent and the strengths of his team. If you really followed UVa since his arrival you would know that. But don't worry. Bennett WILL NOT leave UVA for a UF position.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Someone mentioned Coach K - I like that idea. He's now available and almost certainly interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.