Todd Grantham

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
How do we have a QB throw for more than 300 yards at a 70% clip with 4 TDs and we lose? Only one excuse: our defense can't stop any one. It has been our story this year.

I only saw one attempt at an interception and every decent defensive play after was was a reception by tamu and our tackle. Unbelievable! No sacks is one thing but no pressure is another, and then no interceptions and only one takeaway. With all our talent on that side of the ball, there is no defensive technique as a team.

Still, we might have won this game with ball security, but that was not destined to be either. Where is the accountability?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
This, from my viewpoint, is the most glaring issue. I don't see a standout at ANY position on the Ds 2 deep. I don't see a position group, or even a sub group, that stands out. It's like the D is made up of a bunch of random ragdolls, quilts and irregulars.

The Frankenistein defense?
giphy.gif

giphy.gif
Exactly.....I'm not even sure we would have the personel to just line up in a base 4-3 defense....I know the game has advanced and you need some specific packages but I think we've tried to re invent the wheel but forgot about the spokes.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
If you default is to drop back into a C4 or whatever socially distancing soft coverage and have a delayed blitz that is picked up, does it really matter :) okay seriously, with the number of busted coverages and missed assignments we either have the dumbest group of backs, again. Or. Bear with me. Choker can’t coach

Go Gators

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
There's a third variable to this mess also. Yes, coaching is suspect....yes, there is a talent issue but the third thing is our personel is a hodge podge of tweeners....
There are 2 basic goals in recruiting which seem to escape our coaches...
Get as much of the best talent as you can and get enough of the proper bodies to build a complete roster....we have failed at both.

The island of misfit toys is as good a description as any. Too small, too stiff, too short. too slow, never played a given position because no one else was ever stupid enough to think they could, etc., etc., etc. Being a glutton for punishment, I went to the season stats and started by looking at the offensive numbers. They actually look pretty good - until you see the opposition numbers in the same categories. What a waste of a good offense.

This pathetic, schytt-smeared excuse for a D is a crying phukking shame and an utter disgrace. If DM doesn't take hold of the situation before Spring practice 2021, he deserves whatever consequences come his way. But to be honest, I don't really expect him to do what so obviously has to be done. He's just too damned stubborn and too "loyal" to his boyz. Unfortunately, my health does not permit me to indulge in strong drink. But if anyone would care to knock back a few in my name I would be much obliged. That's enough ranting for one night.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
"loyal" to his boyz. Unfortunately, my health does not permit me to indulge in strong drink. But if anyone would care to knock back a few in my name I would be much obliged. That's enough ranting for one night.
Contact GatorBart for alternative enibriants. May be necessary going forward. Lots more suckage to medicate over...

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Perhaps Satan will decide to fire his DC and snap up the so called "Best DC in America" and hire Joe Lee Dunn Jr. But I have a better idea. Since Farmer Fran called LSU's defensive gem at Mizzou "Embarrassing", since LSU comes to town Saturday, maybe Farmer Fran will fire his DC and just hire the so called "Best DC in America" while he is in town. That way Joe Lee Dunn Jr. would have a ride back to his new gig??????

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
I get chastised for saying "the ELITEISM" is not worth it.

UF is a Land Grant PUBLIC U. Okay you're Special for going there. You're more Special for going IVY. FACT.

Tulane once could play decent football...not today. But they are the Elite education in Lousiana.

I'll say it again UFs days as a great football Tradition and numbered.
How about already over.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Marco couldn't cover my crippled grandma
And that's why your safety, both of them at the same time, shouldn't but jumping at a half assed fake PA and leave him in one on one on the deep post. Our safeties are NOT WELL coached and if the are continuing to make the same stupid mistakes then bench their sorry azzes. They ran that play twice and hit it twice because the safeties failed to do what the name calls for.....keep the deep part of the field safe from the big play. The first time they jumped the PA(first off. play of the game for A&M) and when they needed a big play again, the ran a crossing route, and of course the safety jumped that route and left Marco..again...in man on the deep route.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It seems like we have been waking up every year since 2011 with the taste of Dwag dick in our mouth.

Maybe this will help bc nothing else is changing.

tenor.gif

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
And that's why your safety, both of them at the same time, shouldn't but jumping at a half assed fake PA and leave him in one on one on the deep post. Our safeties are NOT WELL coached and if the are continuing to make the same stupid mistakes then bench their sorry azzes. They ran that play twice and hit it twice because the safeties failed to do what the name calls for.....keep the deep part of the field safe from the big play. The first time they jumped the PA(first off. play of the game for A&M) and when they needed a big play again, the ran a crossing route, and of course the safety jumped that route and left Marco..again...in man on the deep route.

We were in cover 3. The CBs and FS have deep third responsibility. Not sure what they are doing underneath with the LBs as I haven't rewatched and studied it, but when rushing 3 (insane), they are dropping 5, which should be 10-15 yards and getting depth. It looked like a scramble underneath. If the MBL drops to 12-15 in the middle, the W and S drop to the hash at same depth, and the SS and N drop to the outside, and the FS doesn't bite on the deep dig, this play doesn't work unless you have an unbelievable throw to the dig.

On the left side, Spurrier used to run this play all the time. One player caught so many TDs off it he renamed it after the player. Can't remember his name. I put it in my play book and it scored almost every time we threw the post. Here it is. I call it 19. Works against ANY zone coverage not dropping 8 in coverage. Outside R runs a post (1 route), slot runs a 12-15 dig (9route) route right in front of the FS. On the backside, slot runs a shallow cross or drag route in front of the LBs (keep LBs from dropping as deep) and backside R runs a hitch to outside trying to hold the CB that side.

In cover 3, I know FS and CBs are in deep third coverage. If the FS bites on the dig, (deepest guy in HIS zone), I throw the post over his head. If he keeps getting depth, I throw the dig route. If I can hit the dig route coming across, the DB to the side R is going should be behind the CB to that side since he isn't dropping as deep because of the underneath stuff.

We can't play defense and I am not sure our players understand how to play defense. There is nothing ocmplicated about any of this stuff. Play your zone and it works. Our biggest problem is we have too many guys wanting to make plays instead of do their job.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn’t hold my breath on Grantham being shown the door with the big contract in place until after next season. UF doesn’t have the stomach for another large buyout after all that it’s been through.

Mullen is ultimately going to have to choose between personal loyalty and program goals. If that’s an issue for him, then he too needs to go.

We knew year #4 would be where the rubber meets the road. No more excuses. If it’s not, then Stricklin is right behind.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn’t hold my breath on Grantham being shown the door with the big contract in place until after next season.
I suspect you're right. Grantham and Mullen leave together next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.