Top 10 NBA Centers

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Artis needs on that list and Shaq needs to be dropped down. Bob Lanier or Elvin Hayes could easily replace Walton.

Circle City Gator

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bill Russell would have to be a PF in today's game and there is no argument for him to be included in the top 3. Ja-blunt, Wilt, Dream, and Shaq had better all-around games than Russell.

This is just ignorant. Sorry, but this is an "opinion" based on nothing but the fact that the guy is under7'0". He was not a PF. He was the most dominant defensive presence in the middle in the history of the game. He didn't just block shots - he turned blocked shots into fast breaks. And rebounds? They didn't count them in those days, but if they did, both Russell and Chamberlain would have numbers unimaginable to today's players.

Circle City Gator

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jabbar did win six championships and a record SIX MVP trophies. And besides, longevity should count towards greatness. He's easily in the argument for #1.

Can't really disagree with that, though personally I'd put him below Russell and Chamberlain.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think Russell, Wilt, and Jabbar are the obvious Top 3, in any order. Arguments can be made for #1 for all three of those guys.

It's #4 where it really gets interesting. I personally have Olajuwon there, who was one of the most gifted, talented, and skilled centers ever. He absolutely took Shaq, Ewing, and David Robinson to school when he played against them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.