Top 11 SEC quaterbacks - SEC Country

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I understand the knock on LDR - very few college snaps. That said, when talking ONLY about the upcoming season, I'll take a smart QB who has 2-3 years of familiarity in a system and college level speed over a TRUE FRESHMAN QB standing at the bottom of a steep learning curve. Give me the name of a starting true freshman QB who won the SEC.

Only one Freshman has won the SEC title since it went to division play in 1992... redshirt Freshman Rex Grossman.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Only one Freshman has won the SEC title since it went to division play in 1992... redshirt Freshman Rex Grossman.

Yep, REDSHIRT freshman...

But I did edit my last post. Pinhead was talking about career forecast, not 2016 only.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Is it? LDR is a Soph/Jr who has taken how many snaps in college football again? By pure talent standpoint Eason and company are likely better than him.

It's why I mentioned we need a game manager so I am not worried about the list but it's not that inaccurate considering he has played 0 snaps and is like 22-23 years old already

I see your point on Del Rio even though I would have him ahead of Barker who looked very pedestrian imo playing last season.

Do you think its a joke having Dobbs and Harris in front of Knight when it comes to the QB position itself this season and not how good the teams may be overall?

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Don't get worked up over the story, here's the writer Alec Shirkey

508e987c576f2.image.jpg
SOAB.......I hope he gets ca........refully reassigned to another department.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
There aren't enough quality QBs in the SEC for a Top 2 let alone 11. November will be a better time to re-visit this list.
I would have to agree with this. No one in this conference is much better than average and several are below average.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Don't get worked up over the story, here's the writer Alec Shirkey

508e987c576f2.image.jpg

Thanks Crosscreek. After seeing this picture I realize we are reading the rantings of a hopeless tard.
Is his employment some part of a government sponsored program for the mentally challenged?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I would have to agree with this. No one in this conference is much better than average and several are below average.

Don't know if I would agree with that as far as top 2 anyway. My guess is Kelly and Knight will have some pretty big numbers and would have pretty big numbers in other conferences also if they were there.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Don't know if I would agree with that as far as top 2 anyway. My guess is Kelly and Knight will have some pretty big numbers and would have pretty big numbers in other conferences also if they were there.
Kelly looked pretty average against our defense last year...and Knight lost his job at OU, that's not usually a sign that he's better than average.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Kelly looked pretty average against our defense last year...and Knight lost his job at OU, that's not usually a sign that he's better than average.

You can point out single games on any QB I would think and OU had a couple of decent ones. I would be really surprised if their numbers aren't pretty high up there this season.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I'm sure they will probably be 2 of the better ones in this conference, but neither really makes me shake in my boots at the thought of playing them. I really believe some will be shocked at LDR by mid season, maybe not numberwise but I think we will move the chains effectively with him this year.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
I see your point on Del Rio even though I would have him ahead of Barker who looked very pedestrian imo playing last season.

Do you think its a joke having Dobbs and Harris in front of Knight when it comes to the QB position itself this season and not how good the teams may be overall?

Yes. I think Knight is better than both

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Shea Patterson is going to be an absolute beast. Sucks he went to Ole Miss.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It contains a lot of biased & silly extended credit not to be banked on.
Bet strongest factor influencing these spundrips is how these newcomer QBs showed in the spring game. ?
But they discounted LDR's spring performance because he's been a backseat traveler? That experience earns
a fella negative value? All that I care about is the effectiveness of the QB we put on the field. So >>
>>Sure, Ga's Eason had great throws (like Trask's)... but he was throwing against UGa's DBs ??
LDR threw close to Eason but going against our superior DBs.
>> LDR has been around football "brain-trusts" for usefully 14 years.
>> LDR has learned multiple playbooks - offensive philosophies ( Jaguars, Bama, Oregon State, UF.)
>> LDR has participated in spring & fall practices at 3 colleges, played in 3 CFB games.
>> LDR now has a QB coach that he is familiar with, comfortable with i.e. on the same page with.
>> LDR can pick Steve Spurrier's mind.
>> LDR has favorable WRs, TEs, RB receivers.
>> LDR has a formidable stable of RBs both shifty and slamable.

All that considered I bet LDR's passing yards/game will put him in the top 4 SEC QBs at the least.
Bet his QB-rating will be bragworthy. I'm looking forward to this offense.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Chad Kelly is a baller. We took him out of his game last year which spoke well to our coaches preparing our defense. Maybe Kelly will turn on the mojo in the season opener against FSU, but the verdict is out on Kelly's supporting cast for this year. OM lost Treadwell but they still have some good receivers coming back like Stribgfellow and Evan Engram.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Trevor knight is trash. Take the Bama game away and he's driskel without the wheels.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
following this line of thinking, Trask should be top 5 on it :)

:chomp:
Agreed. If Trask isnt in the list of too 10 SEC Qbs who havent played since Middle School, the list is bunk.

The real top 10 list is worthless. The SEC is FULL of terrible third tier QBs. The decay of offenses in the SEC has taken a terrible toll on both QB recruitment and development.

They pretty much all suck. There are very few good enough to be third team on our 95 or 96 team.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.