Top Gun 30 years later

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If you think Top Gun sucks, you didn't see it in the theater.

Top Gun, Rocky IV, Red Dawn, Rambo etc. are a product of their era.

Alex.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If you think Top Gun sucks, you didn't see it in the theater.

Top Gun, Rocky IV, Red Dawn, Rambo etc. are a product of their era.

Alex.
Any movie with a midget as the badass is a miss.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014

Except this one...

6755969.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, I hate him as much as anyone else, but the truth is that many our pilots and even special ops guys are often small guys who are endurance athlete types, not the muscle bound Rambo stereotype. I was about 182-185 in jump school and I was EASILY one of the biggest dudes there. Most were 20-30 lbs lighter.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
:joke: both of my folks were USAF hanging out with b-52's in minot, ND - the reason I'm a florida boy LOL
Can't blame you for that. We were stationed at Grand Forks, ND until a blizzard rolled through and shut down the base and the whole city of GF with it. Got to triple digit below zero with wind chill. Once everything opened back up Dad was in the personnel office putting in for worldwide assignment. Back to Yokota AB, Japan for another 3 years we went. Needless to say, I have absolutely no desire to go back to ND ever again!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You'll never see my big ass climb into a fighter jet. I'd have to fly with my knees.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Oh wow. "Why not, Minot?" My father had a choice between Minot or Loring AFB ME and choose Maine. Nothing wrong with ND except we had relatives up there and I guess they were trying to avoid them. AMMS Air Missile Maintenance Squadron. We spent 5 cold years on the Canadian border. But hey we got 2 weeks out of school every fall to pick potatoes.
Small world. The day before I left for Summer B at UF my dad left for Loring. His first Civil Service job after retiring. I went up after the first year was over at UF and worked at a little fun park there on US-1 repairing go-carts iso that the French Canadiens could come over and get drunk and crash them. Good times! Was there for Christmas a couple of years and I can remember driving down the road and the snow was piled up almost to the telephone lines and the mailboxes were hanging from chains off of about a 15'-20' pole. Crazy stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.