Recruiting Transfer Portal: Jordan Hermann enters Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
TOS are losing their minds on why we don’t seem to be doing anything in the portal. To add more salt into the wound:

I visit 4 different sites/chats for Florida Gator football, and the majority in each place is doom and gloom. Not saying they don't have a reason not to be, just looks to be the mindset of the majority of the fanbase presently, no matter what it pertains to.

Work with a crimanole fan, he has drunk the cool aid that little mikey is selling him. Said he would rather have a proven college player over a HS recruit who has yet to prove themselves. Didn't try to argue with him, just shook my head and nodded. Yes Riley was able to have success this year but ultimately come up short in the PAC 12, which is a tad bit better than the ACC this year. Thier only obstacle is going to be Clemson every year for the foreseeable future. The portal approach might work to win the ACC, but I believe they will be embarrassed like the Mich St, Cincinatti, Oklahoma, Washington and their 2014 team from the previous playoffs. Riley even had a once in a generation talent at QB in Williams. I don't see Norvell getting anyone of that calibur.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
TOS are losing their minds on why we don’t seem to be doing anything in the portal. To add more salt into the wound:

Seems like Fsu has gotten a bunch of players through the portal in the last couple weeks. They also seem to be relying heavily on it, which I doubt is a good long term strategy.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I visit 4 different sites/chats for Florida Gator football, and the majority in each place is doom and gloom. Not saying they don't have a reason not to be, just looks to be the mindset of the majority of the fanbase presently, no matter what it pertains to.

Work with a crimanole fan, he has drunk the cool aid that little mikey is selling him. Said he would rather have a proven college player over a HS recruit who has yet to prove themselves. Didn't try to argue with him, just shook my head and nodded. Yes Riley was able to have success this year but ultimately come up short in the PAC 12, which is a tad bit better than the ACC this year. Thier only obstacle is going to be Clemson every year for the foreseeable future. The portal approach might work to win the ACC, but I believe they will be embarrassed like the Mich St, Cincinatti, Oklahoma, Washington and their 2014 team from the previous playoffs. Riley even had a once in a generation talent at QB in Williams. I don't see NorveLLLL getting anyone of that calibur.

I got a work buddy that’s a Nole and he’s convinced they’ll be a playoff team next year. Lol

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Confused....... I am.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Seems like Fsu has gotten a bunch of players through the portal in the last couple weeks. They also seem to be relying heavily on it, which I doubt is a good long term strategy.
I'd much rather take a chance on the #1 DT in the portal then strike out on all your high school DT's except one who transfered 3 or 4 times his senior year in high school because he allegedly kept losing his starting job.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Build through recruiting, fill in pieces where needed through the portal. The mercenary approach has a lot of extra variables around building a team.

People aren’t widgets that you merely plug and play. Player development can be undercut, as can the cohesion that builds the strong team culture that enables a transfer to plug in.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
IMO there is no such thing as a long term strategy as long as the rules stay as is with NIL and transfer portal. For whatever reason being articulated and I believe there is merit to all of them including discipline, playing time, cash infusion or just a better opportunity elsewhere controlling talent coming in thru the portal will be the new key to success in any given year. Rosters will turnover as fast as UK basketball.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
When we see the amount of defections we have sustained, you have no choice but to address some immediate needs In the portal. Slow playing the portal is a bad idea, and it looks like Napier is not concerned about winning now. Gator fans will not wait patiently for the 4th / 5th year for results. Napier needs to get moving in the portal.

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
I'd much rather take a chance on the #1 DT in the portal then strike out on all your high school DT's except one who transfered 3 or 4 times his senior year in high school because he allegedly kept losing his starting job.
I agree with your point when it comes to the LOS. I will take a guy like Torrence over a high 4star fringe 5 star OL/DL all day.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Tumbleweeds Plains GIF

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
When we see the amount of defections we have sustained, you have no choice but to address some immediate needs In the portal. Slow playing the portal is a bad idea, and it looks like Napier is not concerned about winning now. Gator fans will not wait patiently for the 4th / 5th year for results. Napier needs to get moving in the portal.
This is what he's doing for sure. He doesn't care about winning next year or even the year after that. There is zero expectation of winning next season. He's just laying the foundation for a run at relevancy in 2025, assuming he can keep the talented kids from transferring somewhere more lax and lucrative, like CU. With a 12-team playoff, we should be able to squeak in there once by 2025 thus landing SunBelt Billy a huge extension and raise. I'll go ahead and start complaining preemptively. It's all so obvious, like election cheating by the deep state Uniparty.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
All of our transfer targets are still playing. We've targeted the best of best, so of course they're still playing. We only want Bama, UGA or OSU transfers anyways. Seriously though, there's hopefully a grain of truth in this. I mean, please let this be the case. All 5* backups are welcome at UF. Low pay, high expectations, must attend classes, no weed, no chance of playoffs in 2023.... I'm sure they'll be lining up to play for D- Billyboy.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The Vols were the laughingstock of the SEC and college football since 1998.

Starkville Idiot with his only-interviewed North Georgia inbred have wrestled that title away from them for at least the next decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.