Recruiting Transfer Portal: Jordan Hermann enters Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I would and did. BN owns everything from 1/1/ 2023
Agree 100 percent. I just don’t get the excuse makers. So I guess Gary Patterson should be coach of the year since he got fired last year and now his old team is in the playoffs. That has to be right because the record always belongs to the old coach, right? Ohh, only when the team sucks? So all the teams with new coaches that did well this year, we have to credit the new coach but all the teams that sucked it’s the old coaches fault? And next year is the same? If we do well it’s all Napier but if we shlt the bed Mullen? Good to know the rules.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Based on where our problems put us, “sooner” still looks like another year of cleaning up the huge mess. I’ll expect tangible, substantial progress come 2024, and if it doesn’t start to materialize then I’m going to start looking for the pitchfork….

And AR was trash. Great athlete. Crap collegiate QB. Let the pros see what they can do. Glad he’s gone even though we’re dealing with filler material in White Lightning (Mertz) for 2023.
I've agreed with what you've said thus far, but calling AR trash is a bit excessive. We wouldn't have beaten Utah without him, and we were at least competitive in all of our regular season losses because of his athletic ability. However, he was still a big disappointment this year, and we also lost games because of him. His inconsistent play was madenning.

AR is the most physically gifted quarterback we've ever had, but he lacked all the intangibles that you need in a quarterback and a leader. Tebow, Trask, Spurrier, Wuerfell, etc. would not have been as great of players as they were without their competiveness and ability to make big plays when it mattered most. These guys had a mental toughness that took their talents to extra levels. AR lacked the mental toughness, competitive drive, and confidence that the great ones have, which obviosly lowered his play.

This is not at all meant to be a knock on AR. I think he's a good guy, and I don't blame him for not having these intangibles. He grew up in a single-mother home, and his uncle who was as close as father figure as he had died when he was in 6th grade. He didn't have a consistent male figure to teach him these traits. The lack of a good father figure in the home is one of the biggest problems in our society today, and most boys in his generation are mentally softer than he is. Even though, I've been frustrated by AR, I also feel sorry for him. I hope he gets some good, consistent mentors with ample time to develop the intangibles he needs or else his NFL career will be short-lived.

Sorry to get the thread off topic. I think this DT from Memphis is a solid pickup, and I expect we'll get a few more good players from the portal over the next couple of months.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I started watching gator football in the early 90s when I was in 6th grade . I’ve never seen the program run so poorly and we’ve had two great coaches during that span and several stinkers . Nothing from this staff resembles Meyer or Spurrier from any standpoint. While the story continues to unfold the first two chapters are a cross between Muschamp and Mcelwain . The latter of which is Billy bobs mentor .

Maybe you should have watched the gators before the early nineties. You might have a different definition of sucking.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Maybe you should have watched the gators before the early nineties. You might have a different definition of sucking.

Many of us are like that though. I can remember faintly being at the Auburn game in 86, and most of the disaster that was the late 80s. But by the time I was 10 we had Spurrier and were killing it. Then after just three years of mediocrity, that still had some high points, we had the Meyer run. So this last 10 years has been very foreign to anyone in that age group. I don’t blame @Gatorbait25 for being upset and having such a high standard. His frustrations are understandable.

What I do blame him for is his not getting my Seinfeld 60s clown quote reference earlier in this thread. And that, I do not forgive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator