Recruiting Transfer Portal: Jordan Hermann enters Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
If we get Pearsall we have a pretty big numbers issue. We have to be at 85 by the fall. If we get Pearsall we will be at 90.

You gotta believe we will be processing players out. With the 25 counter limit lifted it means that Coach Napier can turnover the roster to get his 85 guys much faster. Do we still get to use that covid super senior stuff?

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
If we get Pearsall we have a pretty big numbers issue. We have to be at 85 by the fall. If we get Pearsall we will be at 90.

Question: With this staff, do you think Napier is unaware of this? Just asking.

As soon as they get back to filling out the roster depth charts...it is usually obvious who will get playing time...to the players themselves first. (plus injuries)

Question: Do you think in this environment some may want to look elseward?

In the past I could not believe the former coaches never prepared for it...And this is a new system

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Question: With this staff, do you think Napier is unaware of this? Just asking.

As soon as they get back to filling out the roster depth charts...it is usually obvious who will get playing time...to the players themselves first. (plus injuries)

Question: Do you think in this environment some may want to look elseward?

In the past I could not believe the former coaches never prepared for it...And this is a new system

Yeah. I just read an article where Napier addressed it. I’ll post it in a couple minutes

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You gotta believe we will be processing players out. With the 25 counter limit lifted it means that Coach Napier can turnover the roster to get his 85 guys much faster. Do we still get to use that covid super senior stuff?

No. It does not apply any more.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Super Seniors WILL count against the 85-man scholarship limit.

The NCAA passed a waiver for the 2021 season, which allowed those seniors who returned to school to not count against the 85-man scholarship limit. That allowed teams to have those “super seniors” on the roster while not counting against the scholarship limit. Not having that waiver would have made for some really tough conversations with fifth-year seniors.

Napier says that won’t be the case in 2022
Prior to speaking to the Broward County Gator Club, Napier met with Gators Online. We asked Napier if there had been any guidance from the NCAA on this upcoming season.

“They definitely count against you this year. That was a one-year waiver exception there for COVID. You’re going to see — I think maybe news came out today that they anticipate the 85 number being the only number that matters for two years so they’re going to waive the 25 initial rule for two years. I think that’s a little bit of a response to the COVID-19 extra year of eligibility. It’s also a little bit of patchwork on the portal,” Napier said.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Yeah. I just read an article where Napier addressed it. I’ll post it in a couple minutes

Not trying to get snarky. I just believe as detailed as this guy is...very little gets past him and if it does his staff has it covered...Now if it were Butters and/or Cousin Eddie then I believe your concerns would be legit...

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not trying to get snarky. I just believe as detailed as this guy is...very little gets past him and if it does his staff has it covered...Now if were Butters and/or Cousin Eddie then I believe your concerns would be legit...

I wouldn’t say that I’m concerned. But it’s an issue for sure.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I wouldn’t say that I’m concerned. But it’s an issue for sure.

Y'all (you and @neteng) are on this stuff. I greatly appreciate it. Especially since it's only May.

I know talent is everything but what I most want to see is disciplined, clean, sharp play. I have not seen good execution from the Gators since 2009 and Addazio was pitiful.

I contend, if we play sharp...talent will follow.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I am sure he is all over it. Remember when we were way under the limit? I'd rather us be over and set some on their way than to not have the 85.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
He just set his OV for the weekend of June 24. He has a lot of great things to say about us and we are the favorites at this moment. Seems our evals were faster than others...Bama just offered yesterday...so we will see how much he really likes us. Apparently, JD referenced by him is Jadarrius Perkins.

I am really talking to a lot of people right now since we got out of spring ball. I don't have a set list right now, but out of everybody I am loving Florida the most right now. Just like I said, their culture. Really everything.

I don't know too too much, but I am definitely going to be starting to do my research now. I know the culture they have is out of this world for a fact. I have been talking to one of my friends and he was telling me some things. That is the kind of culture I need. JD has been talking to me. He's been telling me more about Florida, and I am just thinking this may really be a place for me. He told me how everything is good. He kind of brought up a lot of the things the coaches are saying. Like how they need some linebackers ASAP and how everything is good and the situation is good. He said it's not a place where he wants to enter the transfer portal or nothing.

He
(Coach Bateman) said how he can use how fast I am and how I can run to the ball and hit. He's been telling me about himself and I feel like I can relate to him and trust him. I just feel like I can play for him. I am still feeling him out, but he said I would probably be the WILL in their defense since I am like 215-pounds.

Last edited:

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Now that he’s a commit, did we want him anyway? Is he a solid addition?
@CFBFilmRoom: Florida landed one of the top WRs to enter the transfer portal this offseason in Ricky Pearsall.

Here's a look at some key route-adjusted numbers from his 2021 season at Arizona State

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.