Not open for further replies.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A couple things. Here’s what I’m seeing on a couple different sites:

1. They are both testing their NIL value. They are not off the team. They are both open to coming back.

2. Tarquin and White are very close friends.

3. White began the season as the starter but as the season progressed lost a ton of playing time to Leonard, and eventually became the back up to Leonard.
So by #3 you're saying its vaginitis

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
On the last Gator Nation podcast they talked about this, and it was their opinion that Billy isn’t looking to be competitive till year 3 with his players in place. They too didn’t know why he didn’t start with this approach, but they think he’s operating like a guy that was giving assurances that he could have a couple down years to get things turning in the right direction. They also noted this wouldn’t be on the fan base’s timeline though. Lol
That theory seems to square with what we are seeing.

IMO, he still needs to show glimpses. More (much more) next season. Maybe even a better team at the end of the season than at the start?

Just beat the Leghumpers and I'm happy. I'm Easy.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
The fact that Mertz is the best we could do at QB with all of the other options out there doesn’t give me the warm and fuzzies

Graham Mertz was a high 4* HS recruit #65 nationally on 247. Joe Burrow was a low 4* HS recruit #280 nationally on 247. Mertz had a mediocre passing efficiency of 135 last year. Burrow had a mediocre passing efficiency of 133.2 the year before winning the Heisman and a natty. Mertz probably has a very high ceiling. Why don't we at least wait until the O&B game before bad-mouthing him?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Graham Mertz was a high 4* HS recruit #65 nationally on 247. Joe Burrow was a low 4* HS recruit #280 nationally on 247. Mertz had a mediocre passing efficiency of 135 last year. Burrow had a mediocre passing efficiency of 133.2 the year before winning the Heisman and a natty. Mertz probably has a very high ceiling. Why don't we at least wait until the O&B game before bad-mouthing him?

For every Burrow there’s 500 Del Rio or Appleby. Odds are not in our favor but I guess we can hold out hope

Sesame Street Idk GIF

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
If Napier hires Joe Brady as his OC and passing game coordinator, over hauls the OL and picks up a couple first round NFL picks at the WR position then I'm all aboard the Mertz train.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Some thoughts from Donkey:

You assclowns talking **** about #22 wont be happy. His is staying, and is a guaranteed starter. He grades out as one of the best DBs in the SEC, not just on the team, but cluelessness hasn't stopped some of you before.

I think the only "assclown" Donkey is referring to here is @Saulgoodman. Don't think anyone else was trashing #22.
There are several who have called for Torrence to leave. I agree with Donkey here and it's perplexed me all season why #22 catches flak from some fans. Without Torrence we lose the Utah game outright. Ah well, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The fact that Mertz is the best we could do at QB with all of the other options out there doesn’t give me the warm and fuzzies about who we’ll be plugging in to replace the rest of the guys we lost, especially with how they’re slow playing this.

I can’t imagine Billy and co. don’t have a plan and already have guys in the fold, right? Would be very reckless
Billy and Grammy have a plan. Run the ball 55 times and occasionally try to pull a fast one on the defense by dumping the ball down in the flats to a slow footed blocker like Odom . When we really want to fool
then we will throw the boundary screen to Hendy after motioning him, Not telegraphed or anything

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I think I remember them saying on Shane's pod that OL are a premium in the Portal. Experienced OL are going to make money and land somewhere else. It might just be this way now.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Because Joe Burrow wouldn't have made much of a difference this year given the scheme and personnel on both sides of the ball.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
There's one little difference you are apparently aren't seeing (irony of which should be noted), Burrow had obvious talent you could see even his first year as a starter at LSU, offensive player of the week twice and leading them to a 10-3 record. His talent was on full display by his second year as a starter that translated to a national championship, Heisman trophy, a can't miss NFL starter, first overall pick, and a highly successful career so far with a near 70% completion percentage 4000 yards a year. Mertz has already started 3 years and is hot garbage.

If you are holding out hope Mertz becomes the next Burrow, you'd have better luck hoping the Fed Rate drops to 1% next year.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
There's one little difference you are apparently aren't seeing (irony of which should be noted), Burrow had obvious talent you could see even his first year as a starter at LSU, offensive player of the week twice and leading them to a 10-3 record. His talent was on full display by his second year as a starter that translated to a national championship, Heisman trophy, a can't miss NFL starter, first overall pick, and a highly successful career so far with a near 70% completion percentage 4000 yards a year. Mertz has already started 3 years and is hot garbage.

If you are holding out hope Mertz becomes the next Burrow, you'd have better luck hoping the Fed Rate drops to 1% next year.
I'm not saying Mertz is going to be great; I just don't think we should bad-mouth him without seeing him play in orange and blue. Burrow's breakout year was a surprise. I read on this board he was terrible and LSU was nothing to worry about.

I'm hoping for a Fed Rate of 10% since inflation will only be tamed with a sustained Fed Rate above the inflation rate.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not saying Mertz is going to be great; I just don't think we should bad-mouth him without seeing him play in orange and blue. Burrow's breakout year was a surprise. I read on this board he was terrible and LSU was nothing to worry about.

I'm hoping for a Fed Rate of 10% since inflation will only be tamed with a sustained Fed Rate above the inflation rate.

As I said in the Recruiting Thread, he’s hot garbage.

I have a really good friend here that’s a Wisky Alum, Big time Booster and goes to tons of games. When he saw Mertz commitment to us he said, “Good luck. That kid is straight garbage”. I’ll take his word 10x over anyone here because he actually follows and pays attention to his team. Not some Florida fan who thinks he knows something about a Wisky player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator