Treon Harris is selected the SECCG MVP

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Most high school QB's can take a snap and throw the ball somewhere. Treon can even do that. And it bugs the hell out of me that McElwain is either too complacent, or doesn't care enough, to accept that type of play.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
This is what keeps me going. We got a glimpse of what we can do earlier this year but even with Grier it was just a glimpse. As crappy as this season ended it was expected without a decent qb or line and the kicker was just the icing on the cake. Pretty stoked for the future! Go Gators!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mac did a great job with what he had. Next
year we'll be good on both sides of the ball.
I say he adds some more studs to this year's class.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, let's blame Mac. Seriously?!?!?

I guess people on this message board have have more experience evaluating the QB position than the Gator coach, at practices they haven't attended.

Sofa kings!

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
rusrs1.gif

:lol2:

Man, you have been on point with your gifs lately. Funny stuff. :lol:

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Harris will not be the starter next year. At least 3 guys will beat him out in the spring including Albert the Alligator!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
They're already ramping up the "Treon for Heisman" campaign in 2016.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Jesus Tap Dancing Christ.....let it go already.

He is who he is and there's nothing that's going to change about that.

If there were a better option, I feel sure we'd have taken it.

10 wins and an East Division title is way more than any of us could have possibly asked for, given all of the obstacles this team overcame, and no matter your opinion of Harris, he directly contributed to winning those games in the East after Grier decided to Grier his way out of the starting job. Was it ever pretty? No, it wasn't ever the most aesthetically pleasing offensive juggernaut product on the field. A couple of Grier's starts weren't either, even though according to this board, the kid was the second coming of Joe Montana. Grier over Harris? Of course, that's an easy choice given how the season unfolded from start to finish. Unfortunately, Grier didn't run out of the tunnel for half the season because of his mistake, nor will he be running out of it for 7 weeks next year.

Next season will be better, regardless of who's taking snaps from center, as I feel pretty confident that Del Rio, a grad transfer, or one of the two EE qbs(whichever or both we may get) will beat Harris out for the job the same way Grier did.

Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, without Harris, we're not playing in that game yesterday.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@AlligatorArmy: Will Grier still has more passing touchdowns in the 2015 season than Treon Harris does. He also has more than Harris had in 2014.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator