Treon Harris Rant

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Mac wanted to make sure Treon got a participation trophy.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
No one and I mean no one gets a 3 year pass in all of CFB these days, let alone a major program like UF. Foley's 4 year mistake has opened the eyes of AD's across the country to the damage of holding on too long.....
While it's not Macs fault due to the personnel that was in place this year, it is my opinion and a few others that he was slow and in fact never did anything to possibly help the offense generate yardage and help the defense by altering the offense. From the Vandy game on we saw the same exact defense in every game despite the color jersey we lined up against, in other words the scouting report on how to stop our offense was out. No it would not be possible to completely change our offense to something stupid like a Wishbone or such, but we saw Bama install and use a good amount of read option football to neutralize and take advantage our aggressive defense. In other words they attacked. We on the other hand had a guy who was better at running some read option offense and time after time ask him to do what he has proven he can't....be a pocket passer.
That said Mac should be fine for our program and I think we will be a 10 win program for the most part. What he needs though is to learn from the end of this year to become a 13,14 and 15 game a year winner.....Sometimes you have to make small changes to have the kind of seasons that leave banners hanging and trophy cases full...
I think Mac has said he is not changing the offense for one player. This year is not important to Mac.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
This year is not important to Mac.
Anytime you lose 5 out of 6 to your biggest rival who also has been kicking your ass in recruiting or playing in an SECCG it is an important year.....I can think of 3 5 star recruits that would probably be committed to us at this point had we not looked like sh!t in the last 5 games...

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Ya' pays your money and you makes your choice. I actually believe Mac finds this year embarrassing with expectations raised entirely too high.

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
Treon was a highly recruited qb in 2014 who held offers from many programs. He originally committed to FSU
but was swayed by Muschamp's pitch that he had a much better chance of seeing the field as qb at UF.
FSU had Winston, at the time a red shirt sophomore, entrenched at the position. At the time Winston was talking
about playing for at least 3 years for the noles. That left Treon sitting on the bench for at least 2 years. Behind him
FSU had 3 other qb's on scholarship, all of which had better physical attributes than Treon. At only 5-9, his chances
of being the starting qb were slim. UF definitely held more promise for him, and he signed with UF at the last moment.
Then came 2014 and Muschamp had run out of patience with Driscol. Treon stepped in and did a commendable job, but
not quite enough to salvage Muschamps' job for him. 2015 saw Treon and Grier battling it out in front of UF's new head coach.
Grier finally took control of the position, only to be sidelined for the next 12 months after running afoul with the NCAA rules.
Treon again stepped in and again did a decent job, but against teams with equal talent laid a goose egg. So what does the
future hold for Treon? At UF, his chances of winning the qb position aren't good. Switch to a different position? At his size,
the options are limited. Transfer out? He still has 3 years of eligibility, but no big time school is going to want him. And truthfully,
he has no future at the next level at the qb position. It's a tough position for a kid who gave it all he had, only to find out that
really isn't enough.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ya' pays your money and you makes your choice. I actually believe Mac finds this year embarrassing with expectations raised entirely too high.

That's an interesting statement since Mac himself said that he expects to win all his games this year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No, all this GSMB think makes perfect sense. Everyone knows that we were just one Josh Grady away from winning the NC, but Mac wanted to hold that game winning ace in the hole for the Citrus Bowl before he unleashes that talent.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
When Grier won the starting job, Harris sat on the sidelines with zero emotion. No excitement, no cheering on the team or trying to help the starter. He then becomes the starter and shows zero emotion with no excitement. When he plays like crap he acts like its just another day in paradise. What is missing? Oh and law, even Trask can probably complete swing passes and crossing routes....

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
No, all this GSMB think makes perfect sense. Everyone knows that we were just one Josh Grady away from winning the NC, but Mac wanted to hold that game winning ace in the hole for the Citrus Bowl before he unleashes that talent.
That's funny. When you are on, you are clever. Try to be on more frequently.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

Couldnt be much worse....

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Couldnt be much worse....
Unless Grady was throwing a pick-6 with every pass, it literally couldn't be worse. We would be better off lining him up back there and running the Wildcat every play the entire game.

Law has defended Harris all year, so he feels he can't walk it back now. I can say with complete certainty Harris is worse than Driskel.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Unless Grady was throwing a pick-6 with every pass, it literally couldn't be worse. We would be better off lining him up back there and running the Wildcat every play the entire game.

Law has defended Harris all year, so he feels he can't walk it back now. I can say with complete certainty Harris is worse than Driskel.

Which makes me think Grady has to be better. Someone has to be able to make a 2nd read and deliver the ball.

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
Math isn't your thing, huh?

He's played two years already. He has two years left.
Well, lets see. Players have 5 years to play 4. Since Treon didn't take a red shirt, he still has 3 years of eligibility left, one of which has to be a red shirt season. And yes, math really is my thing.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So, you think sitting out a year is a year when he is eligible? What is he eligible to do?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I'm just going to keep repeating this until everybody gets it.
Our "backups" are:

Josh Grady - Cut from the Vandy QB squad after 4 years, 27 yards and 2 interceptions. Josh couldn't stay in the 5 deep at Vandy after 4 years.
Ham Sandwich - Can't even remember his name. A WALKON who got time with the scout team last year. I'm guessing he's slow a molasses and/or dumb as a box of rocks.

As hard as we all find it to believe those two must be worse. We don't see them in practice but the coaches do. How bad must they be if Treon is our best chance to win.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
When Grier won the starting job, Harris sat on the sidelines with zero emotion. No excitement, no cheering on the team or trying to help the starter. He then becomes the starter and shows zero emotion with no excitement. When he plays like crap he acts like its just another day in paradise. What is missing? Oh and law, even Trask can probably complete swing passes and crossing routes....
How much emotion do you recall Grier showing when Treon was on the field? He's certainly being a great teammate these days, as well, isn't he?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pretty sure that FSU wanted Treon as a DB...anyone else remember that?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
How much emotion do you recall Grier showing when Treon was on the field? He's certainly being a great teammate these days, as well, isn't he?

This has NOTHING to do with Grier. Grier could have been injured in the first game and we still would be in this position. Nobody is happy about what Grier did but Harris is supposed to be an SEC QB and was supposed to be able to play the game and he cant. Thats not Griers fault. It may be his fault Harris is playing but not his fault he sucks and has no emotion to give his team...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.