Treon Harris

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n60287 said:
So Jones was getting to the DB's while Taylor was still behind the line of scrimmage dancing.

No Jones kicked it out to the ouside moved forward a little and let a small DB take him down with no assistance and got his usual 2 yards a carry he gets against a decent defense (unless Jumbo has wore them down) after one run where he got a big hole and got a few yards. Jones also had something similar to a butt fumble if I remember correctly.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n60291 said:
No Jones kicked it out to the ouside moved forward a little and let a small DB take him down with no assistance and got his usual 2 yards a carry he gets against a decent defense after one run where he got a big hole and got a few yards. Jones also had something similar to a butt fumble if I remember correctly.

Yet Taylor did even worse.

GatorFin

Jul 24, 2014
Gator Fever said:
WobbleGator;n60246 said:
Jones was not even turned around yet by the time the pass was out of Driskel's hand. If Jeff had thrown to Jones, it would have hit him in the back and you would have been b*tching about that instead.

Are you nuts he should have seen him and thrown it to where he was cutting. No excuse whatsoever for that lack of field awareness just like the pictures going around showing him throwing into double coverage when he had single covered guys with a little space. The guy just has no clue. No wonder Roper was going crazy supposedly in the box while seeing this stuff.
Where are these pictures? I've been waiting for stuff like this to come out.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n60293 said:
Yet Taylor did even worse.

Taylor didn't get many opportunities, but I will agree he's been doing way too much dancing behind the line of scrimmage this year. It's one thing to dance in open space to try and shuck or break a tackle, but when you're behind the line of scrimmage, you need to hit the hole fast and get downhill.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n60291 said:
No Jones kicked it out to the ouside moved forward a little and let a small DB take him down with no assistance and got his usual 2 yards a carry he gets against a decent defense (unless Jumbo has wore them down) after one run where he got a big hole and got a few yards. Jones also had something similar to a butt fumble if I remember correctly.

Neither played great, Jones/Driskel had the bad hand-off. Taylor cost us a first down by going past the line of scrimage on a screen pass. Both were damming plays.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Matt Jones 12 carries for 37 yards for an average of 3.1 yards per carry vs Bama
Kelvin Taylor 4 carriers for 11 yards for an average of 2.8 yards per carry vs Bama

I'm not seeing a difference.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n60308 said:
How about this: everyone except the o-line and Kyle Christy played pretty poorly the other day?

Completely agree with this.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n60307 said:
Matt Jones 12 carries for 37 yards for an average of 3.1 yards per carry vs Bama
Kelvin Taylor 4 carriers for 11 yards for an average of 2.8 yards per carry vs Bama

I'm not seeing a difference.

So let's take out both players long run.

That leaves Jones with 11 carries for 26 yards for an average of 2.36 yards
And Taylor with 3 carries for 7 yards for 2.33 yards.

Still not seeing much of a difference.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Taylor is a better RB period but just like the Driskel situation Muschamp is stuck in his thinking and thinks he is punishing an opposing team with Jones even though he runs like he weighs 195 instead of 235. I guess we will have to live with it as long as Muschamp is calling the shots.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n60315 said:
Taylor is a better RB period but just like the Driskel situation Muschamp is stuck in his thinking and thinks he is punishing an opposing team with Jones even though he runs like he weighs 195 instead of 235. I guess we will have to live with it as long as Muschamp is calling the shots.

You still have not provided anything that shows Taylor is better except that of what they looked like last year. You can't even admit that Jones has easily improved from his first two years.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n60318 said:
You still have not provided anything that shows Taylor is better except that of what they looked like last year. You can't even admit that Jones has easily improved from his first two years.

Using your reasoning I could argue Jones was as good as Gilly in 2012 just by throwing certain stats out there. Taylor showed he had more talent easily last season than Jones even going against stacked lines when he got the carries.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n60327 said:
Using your reasoning I could argue Jones was as good as Gilly in 2012 just by throwing certain stats out there. Taylor showed he had more talent easily last season than Jones even going against stacked lines when he got the carries.

And Jones showed he had more talent than Taylor in the Kentucky game THIS SEASON. Even with a stacked line.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n60331 said:
And Jones showed he had more talent than Taylor in the Kentucky game THIS SEASON. Even with a stacked line.

Jones doesn't do much at all without a clear hole to run through. Doesnt even run like he weighs that much. He is quick in open space I will give him that.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n60337 said:
Jones doesn't do much at all without a clear hole to run through. Doesnt even run like he weighs that much. He is quick in open space I will give him that.

So is that why 100 of his 150+ yards of rushing were after contact?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n60342 said:
So is that why 100 of his 150+ yards of rushing were after contact?

because he got into the secondary almost untouched on quite a few plays

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n60349 said:
because he got into the secondary almost untouched on quite a few plays

But you said he goes down easily. How can that be true if the majority of his yards were after contact?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n60355 said:
But you said he goes down easily. How can that be true if the majority of his yards were after contact?

because a lot of that was by small DB's and they count being hardly touched as you are running threw a large hole. The guy runs light for a RB his size. He does have nice speed in open space however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator