Tripp Thurman injured

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Out for spring and probably fall camp. I've heard he may be gone for good.

Six men standing. Two injuries away from playing the 248lb walkons, DL converts or true freshmen.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Well, at least we'll get to see the Emory and Henry formation again.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Can we give him a bionic shoulder and arm? Problem solved.
six_million_dollar_man.jpg

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDDDGGEEE! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alex.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Its inevitable. We will be struggling to survive vs UK and Vandy. The coach is openly questioning how we are even going to practice. If we do we lose more players. If we dont .... Its a damned if you do damned if you dont situation.

The more I look at the depth chart, the more I think 4-8 or 3-9 is a given.

Fire Foley for letting Chimp keep digging.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n190238 said:
Its inevitable. We will be struggling to survive vs UK and Vandy. The coach is openly questioning how we are even going to practice. If we do we lose more players. If we dont .... Its a damned if you do damned if you dont situation.

Why didn't we get some JUCO linemen or 1 from that team that shut down. Its still better having a body there despite the talent level. Is it still possible to get some JUCO's for the fall?

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
We just signed 6 lineman plus we have Johnson and Sharpe who look like the real deal. Plug the frosh in and let them learn on the field. It may be awful this year, but the line will be strong in the future.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n190245 said:
Why didn't we get some JUCO linemen or 1 from that team that shut down. Its still better having a body there despite the talent level. Is it still possible to get some JUCO's for the fall?

The jucos signed last December.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n190248 said:
We just signed 6 lineman plus we have Johnson and Sharpe who look like the real deal. Plug the frosh in and let them learn on the field. It may be awful this year, but the line will be strong in the future.

Putting frosh out to start in the SEC? That's bad news. It usually takes a whole year of S&C to get acclimated. Have I mentioned that I hate Will f ing Muschamp.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n190248 said:

I don't think I could take another 2013. If our line is that thin and inexperienced Harris and Grier will probably end up like Murphy by mid season.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We started 2013 with 10 or 11 OL.

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
T REX;n190253 said:
Putting frosh out to start in the SEC? That's bad news. It usually takes a whole year of S&C to get acclimated. Have I mentioned that I hate Will f ing Muschamp.

Like I said, it won't be pretty but might pay off in the long run.

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n190238 said:

:panic:

Err mah gerd, the sky is falling!

Dude, you have got to be trolling by posting that. No one in their right mind would think the team couldn't show improvement this year. Oh, wait. I seem to remember that evidence has been located in a medical journal somewhere by Rogdochar that you are actually in your left mind... My bad. Carry on.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I absolutely believe that we dont have enough OL to produce any offense and that Mr. 80th-105th defense will likely produce another mediocre to terrible defense.

You can declare we're getting better just bc you want it to happen all you want. I want it to happen, too.

The evidence is pretty clear. 6 wins will take some luck with the shiiit Chimp assembled.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n190277 said:
I absolutely believe that we dont have enough OL to produce any offense and that Mr. 80th-105th defense will likely produce another mediocre to terrible defense.

You can declare we're getting better just bc you want it to happen all you want. I want it to happen, too.

The evidence is pretty clear. 6 wins will take some luck with the shiiit Chimp assembled.

It's going to be rough, no doubt but I have the satisfaction of knowing that Crapchamp is no longer running the show. Hell, it looks like Foley is taking orders now thank god.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Look we knew when Mac was hired that 2015 was and most likely is going to be a 6 or 7 win season.....It is what it is and yes it sucks that it will most likely turn out that way. Pissing and moaning won't help much I'm afraid. Do keep in mind though that the almighty Midget,aka Nick Saban went 6-6 or something like that in his first year. Try looking at the bright side which is that we will have a sh!t ton of experienced YOUNG offensive linemen by the end of the year.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n190310 said:
Look we knew when Mac was hired that 2015 was and most likely is going to be a 6 or 7 win season.....It is what it is and yes it sucks that it will most likely turn out that way. Pissing and moaning won't help much I'm afraid. Do keep in mind though that the almighty Midget,aka Nick Saban went 6-6 or something like that in his first year. Try looking at the bright side which is that we will have a sh!t ton of experienced YOUNG offensive linemen by the end of the year.

Saban didn't get the talent we have when he took over (he did have a little from the 06 class that wasn't developed). Unfortunately if an O line can't hold up you are in trouble regardless. I guess we have to just hope we are very lucky when it comes to injuries on the O line.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Gator Fever;n190314 said:
Saban didn't get the talent we have when he took over (he did have a little from the 06 class that wasn't developed). Unfortunately if an O line can't hold up you are in trouble regardless. I guess we have to just hope we are very lucky when it comes to injuries on the O line.

They probably had better numbers on the line than we will have this coming year. As far as overall talent goes we don't know what we really have until the new offense is installed.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
It is a problem and everyone knew it was going to happen. That said there are things that can be done to get the most out of what you actually have. I expect coach to do so, unlike Champ that really does not know how to be creative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator