Tripp Thurman injured

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n190248 said:
We just signed 6 lineman plus we have Johnson and Sharpe who look like the real deal. Plug the frosh in and let them learn on the field. It may be awful this year, but the line will be strong in the future.

I think this is the route we need to go. Take our lumps this year rotating the young kids in. They won't have the weight nor the experience but by gawd it 2 years we will probably have the best Oline in the nation and by then an experienced QB, receivers that run routes and catch, on to the NC !!

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I was so glad when we finally fired dog$hit but He left us f*cked At LB/O-line and sadly it will take a few years before his stench is completely gone from our program. Mac has his work cut out for him and hopefully he can get us back to where we use to be.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm afraid Law is likely right, I almost puked..., it will take a great bit of luck this year to keep enough healthy Olinemen to have a decent year.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n190335 said:
It is a problem and everyone knew it was going to happen. That said there are things that can be done to get the most out of what you actually have. I expect coach to do so, unlike Champ that really does not know how to be creative.

Yep this O line situation probably means we will be running a CSU spread type offense for sure. No way would the offense have much success against the decent SEC teams running pro style.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n190376 said:
I think this is the route we need to go. Take our lumps this year rotating the young kids in. They won't have the weight nor the experience but by gawd it 2 years we will probably have the best Oline in the nation and by then an experienced QB, receivers that run routes and catch, on to the NC !!

Tennessee. I keep thinking about Tennessee. They said the same thing about 4 years ago. Their line was crap. and they started a bunch of freshman on their O line. I also remember us laughing at them when they said they'd take their lumps and then in a couple years they'd be NC caliber. How'd that work out for them? After the sh!tt sandwich Muschamp left us, my biggest fear is that we are the new Tennessee.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Gator Fever;n190436 said:
Yep this O line situation probably means we will be running a CSU spread type offense for sure. No way would the offense have much success against the decent SEC teams running pro style.
Whatever gives us the best chance to win is what Mac will run. Unfortunately it's going to be hard to be successful with what we have upfront this upcoming season unless Mac and Co gets them boys on the famous "liquid" bama has their guys on.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Alagator;n190446 said:
Tennessee. I keep thinking about Tennessee. They said the same thing about 4 years ago. Their line was crap. and they started a bunch of freshman on their O line. I also remember us laughing at them when they said they'd take their lumps and then in a couple years they'd be NC caliber. How'd that work out for them? After the sh!tt sandwich Muschamp left us, my biggest fear is that we are the new Tennessee.

Call me optimistic, but I see Mac as a better coach than Dooley and Jones.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
CaribGator;n190376 said:
I think this is the route we need to go. Take our lumps this year rotating the young kids in.
This will work. I don't usually like playing freshmen straight away a whole lot but there have been some kids in the last 3or 4 years who started in the SEC and did a good job, Theus at UGA, Tunsil at Ole Piss, Young at Auburn and I'm sure I missed at least 2 or 3 others. To me the strength and weight gains are important but they don't mean squat if a kid can't play at the level to begin with. How many guys have come through here in the last 5 to 6 years and never got any better.....How many redshirted,supposedly got good practice reps and never got on the field or sucked horribly when they did? When the rubber meets the road and your in front of 90,000 fans going against Division 1 caliber players you will either catch on or not. The signs will be there for good coaches to see what our young guys are made of. I'm not saying they won't take their lumps along the way but you have to know what you have at baseline to know whether the investment is worth foregoing. IMO this will be a great thing for us in the not so distant future....

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Alagator;n190446 said:

Totally different my friend.....Nobody around here is running around with a plunger in their hand or funnel sticking out of their ass.....

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n190446 said:
ennessee. I keep thinking about Tennessee. They said the same thing about 4 years ago. Their line was crap. and they started a bunch of freshman on their O line. I also remember us laughing at them when they said they'd take their lumps and then in a couple years they'd be NC caliber. How'd that work out for them? After the sh!tt sandwich Muschamp left us, my biggest fear is that we are the new Tennessee.

As bad as we were, we were still beating UT. It ain't the same. Rest easy my friend.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n190436 said:
This might favor in to Treon getting the starting job, don't tell T.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n190462 said:
Call me optimistic, but I see Mac as a better coach than Dooley and Jones.

Better coach? He needs to be a damn messiah who miracle up 7 more upperclassmen OL.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
one or two of the Freshman should be able to come in and provide depth. It's going to be a rough year. I can only assume a lot of shotgun and a quick passing game. Spread out the defense and hope your QB can read the defense.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n190559 said:
This might favor in to Treon getting the starting job, don't tell T.

Doubt it. If you watched Coach Mac's latest presser, he said he wanted a guy at QB that could throw the ball and to our players. Treon struggled with that a lot last year.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Marianna said:
Whatever gives us the best chance to win is what Mac will run. Unfortunately it's going to be hard to be successful with what we have upfront this upcoming season unless Mac and Co gets them boys on the famous "liquid" bama has their guys on.

From a recruiting standpoint the jobs are light years from each other. The high school talent in the state of florida is arguably the best in the nation. UT has to recruit from all over
the country because the HS talent in Tenn isn't very good. Rest easy, with the right staff we'll compete for the SEC consistently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.