Truth Takes: Checkmate

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
I am writing this immediately post game. Why? Cause I'm not watching that again.

Why is this subtitled "Checkmate"? On the Twitter machine (follow me @GatorTruth133 if you haven't) I have repeated since LSU different versions of the following:

During this game many, including IAKOW and Gator ATL, among many others, tweeted this is their final straw with Mullen. Many of us saw these issues prior. Many said it was premature. Many said that you simply needed to be patient. Tim Tebow claimed Mullen had 3 10-win seasons at UF coming into the year on SEC Nation this morning while not really indicating any specific changes needed to be made.

These people where waiting for the pieces to be set, when there was no chance of victory. Many others have seen this weeks, months, years ago. Some might've been premature, some not. However, one thing is accurate, those people saw the end many moves ahead. In chess, it is considered rude to keep playing when the game is lost. The problem is many are not willing to admit the loss until no moves are left. The reason it is considered rude, among other things is the waste of time it causes. Indeed, we have seen the waste of time with keeping Grantham and other decisions.

The pieces have been moved, the King that in Mullen is now in Checkmate, unable to move to a free space by the pieces of his recruiting covering the row he's on, his record in his last 12 games covering the next row, keeping Grantham will get him if he tries using his buyout piece to block one of the first two. Many other pieces exist on the board, but are not needed for checkmate.

This is a different week of the Takes.

Offense
Carolina had a poor run defense coming into the game so we come out throwing with Emory. To be fair, this worked out well at first. Only because Carolina was selling out the run. Once they dropped the safeties back, the throws disappeared.

Maybe tomorrow brings clarity, but I swear near the end of the game I heard the sideline reporter say that AR was available if necessary. Then I hear EJ tested positive for the flu on Saturday. Excuse me, but why the f*** is he starting if he just tested positive for the flu? If AR is cleared, he's cleared. Again, maybe I heard wrong and then I apologize. EJ played like he had the flu quite a bit.

The line was poor. That's all I will say about that.

Defense
Carolina was awful running the football coming into the game, but still ranked higher than LSU was when we went to Death Valley. Just like Death Valley, they went a lot higher. They had their season average in the first quarter. When my brother texted me and asked what was happening (he had to work), I said that "it is LSU second half all over again" and he was happy to be working.

Nothing good to take from this one.

Extra Points

• Doering went off post-game and even began to saying Stricklin needs to evaluate who leads it going forward. Re-watch available of SEC Football Final on ESPN App or SEC Network to check it out.
  • My mom quit on the game at halftime. She's been attending games since the 60's and has stayed until the end of games with me notably Mizzou '14, GSU '13 and UGA '21.
  • Happy I didn't make the trip.
  • As one person said, UF stands to lose more than the $12 million buyout at this point. They had to offer discounted FSU tickets before this to try and sell them. You think people will pay for Samford, and games next year? Many are realizing they can save a lot on season tickets by buying on the secondary market and not pay booster fees.
  • Many interesting Bryan Cox tweets, including the attached (deleted) one.

We are where we are. I'll be in Gainesville at Noon next Saturday cheering on what I hope will be win #5.

Go Gators!

EDIT: Big Stat, Only 2 of Mullen's 10 power 5 wins since 2020 began have been against coaches that weren't either fired at the end of the season or in their first year at the school. He is generally not beating coaches that have "their players".

Attachments

• Cox Tweet.png
    Cox Tweet.png
    9.3 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
7618747c20752c.jpg

Fla vs Mizzu for all the marbles!!!!

6th place hangs in the balance!!!!!!!

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
This guy told me that people like me, who doubt Mullen, "have a liberal mindset to competitive sports". I'm not sure what this means, but if you are reading this and your this guy. I'd love for you to explain since you didn't reply to my response.

It's the guy responding, the coach.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Same people who think recruiting doesn't matter or it's not Mullinz fault he has a repulsive POS and cannot recruit.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I seriously have no idea why anyone is surprised at this outcome. It makes no sense to me that anyone would have not seen this total collapse coming.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dan Mullen isn't coming back from this
Florida might not fire Dan Mullen tomorrow. It might not fire him at the end of the season. Regardless, a 40-17 loss to South Carolina was a point of no return for one of the proudest programs in college football.

Just weeks ago, South Carolina needed late heroics just to beat Vanderbilt. Against the Gators, the Gamecocks were down to their third-string quarterback, Jason Brown, a transfer from FCS St. Francis. And yet, the 'Cocks didn't just beat the Gators. They wiped the floor with them.

South Carolina outgained Florida by more than 100 yards of total offense and by more than 200 yards on the ground. Mullen's team was thoroughly undisciplined, unprepared and completely outclassed on both sides to the point that even South Carolina coach Shane Beamer sounded surprised at halftime.

Earlier this week, Mullen made headlines by declining a recruiting question and declaring this time period "Football Time." After that SNAFU, all media availability was cancelled for the rest of the week. Apparently all the extra time didn't do him much good.

College football winners, losers, overreactions for Week 10: Texas hits new low, Dan Mullen's fate is sealed

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Game, set, match

It....is....over

Team completely quit today. Team never quit on Zook, don't think they quit on Chump and didn't quit on Mac until the Georgia game that got him fired.

We had bad years with Chump and Mac, but those were still talented teams with bad coaching. Not the case now. We're a bad team with bad coaching.

I'm now seriously concerned that cousin eddie and baseball boy might have actually killed the golden goose.

This is a sad, sad, day.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
roasted in the Dopey Dan thread.

Puts shoes in his.trophy case because he has no actual trophies.

Last edited:

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
On a positive note, I caught up on some saved shows during the second half. I couldn’t watch so I caught up on my DVR. I also deleted all 2021 Gator games.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
This guy told me that people like me, who doubt Mullen, "have a liberal mindset to competitive sports". I'm not sure what this means, but if you are reading this and your this guy. I'd love for you to explain since you didn't reply to my response.

It's the guy responding, the coach.

Truth, there is no explanation, his comment makes no sense.

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
Truth Takes the path that it will. Will the Administration see the Truth for what it is and Take the steps that are necessary now?

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Good read on a disastrous game that has a ton of us fuming. Your chess analogy was spot on.
This guy told me that people like me, who doubt Mullen, "have a liberal mindset to competitive sports". I'm not sure what this means,
No, the liberal mindset is of those who smile that dopey smile while mindlessly chanting “Go Gators” after we’ve shat the bed and it’s beyond evident that we are expecting college football’s “Brandon” to simply be awarded wins and championships without really earning them. These boobs would rather the players all receive trophies for just showing up and the coaches get bonuses and extensions likewise. F them and their CFB Build Back Better Ponzi scheme.

Sorry Truth, I blacked out for a moment. Carry on. You do good work.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Truth Takes the path that it will. Will the Administration see the Truth for what it is and Take the steps that are necessary now?

The national and local media gloves are off the most I've seen for any coach ever. Media circled around Champ and everyone talked about how badly Champ wanted to succeed. Media was defending Mac from death threats. Even after the UGA game, they were reporting that claims UF was trying to buyout Mac were false (which of course is all semantics because UF was going for cause). Granted my cousin used that Mac report to tell me how dumb I was for thinking Mac was getting fired and message board people are idiots (I had cited the 24/7 member who had said Grier was getting suspended during the Mizzou game). That Monday text was fun.

I seriously have no idea why anyone is surprised at this outcome. It makes no sense to me that anyone would have not seen this total collapse coming.

I am surprised because we still have more than enough talent to beat this abortion of a Carolina team. Much less by 23 points. As Bryan Cox Jr. pointed out, even in 2013 they didn't do that crap. This is an all-time level failure.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
SDS doing the Lord's work:

9. Where will Dan Mullen be coaching next year?
How about Ole Miss, replacing Lane Kiffin after he bolts for LSU … or Florida?

Wouldn’t that be something.

Regardless of where Kiffin ends up, Mullen won’t be at Florida next season. Not after Saturday night’s complete embarrassment in Columbia.

And to think his disastrous Monday press conference was his best moment of the week.

It’s all over except for the buyout negotiations.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

LSU? :lmao2: you think LSU is going to fire Ogre and higher the one guy that Ogre beat like a drum?

Or Ole Miss? after laughing at him for a decade? Uh huh. Quite confident that doesnt happen.

frankly outside of a few orange and blue irrationally exuberant types, most people look at Dopey Dan and see the loser he is. Few want a running QB offense.

Perhaps you mean as a quality control analyst? Maybe. But I doubt it. My guess is he doesn't work at all next year. I'm not sure he worked this year and I'm fairly certain he did not work much last year.

When he reappears it's going to be a school with geographic direction inntheir name. Georgia Southern likes quarterback keepers.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014

Regardless of where Kiffin ends up, Mullen won’t be at Florida next season. Not after Saturday night’s complete embarrassment in Columbia.

And to think his disastrous Monday press conference was his best moment of the week.

It’s all over except for the buyout negotiations.

Oh, I hope so. Aaron's been getting to many click from me lately just hoping I'll find a post that say Mullen is gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator