Truth Takes: #FailState, Is It Fool's Gold?

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Just two games under Mc Elstain. Two games. For someone that some of you tried to portray as an offensive genius and a QB Whisperer.

Next Sourrier. Remember that?

I'm not nearly there. That's partly why I started with the comparison. I think we have seen more on the positive side as far as improvement and the like. And Mullen/Johnson and friends have better track records than Nuss. I am sticking to my guns, Mullen won't be a great hire until we have an SEC Title. I don't want a Mark Richt (ok, he had a few SEC Titles early, but you know what I mean)

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Sure Truth's post was long = extensive. What parts should be left out ? Each line seemed informative.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
How many MSU fans saw this coming? A lot of folks were picking them second in the West, perhaps with one loss to Bama and maybe even challenging them for the division. Now it looks like 5 losses are likely (Auburn, LSU, Bama to come) and Jimbo probably has the talent at aTm to give them a run, which could be a sixth loss. All in conference, and losing both interdivision games.

They're a one-dimensional offense who Grantham schemed perfectly in the second half, providing anyone who cares to watch a blueprint on how to stop them. Their D is solid but not spectacular. Our front seven is better. Their punter is suspect and the placekicker has decent but not spectacular range.

Not saying we're great or ready to challenge Bama in the SECCG. We're pretty much right where I thought we'd be at this point as far as the record goes. But I will say this...the consistent progress is very, very encouraging. I think we all knew we'd have a solid first line of receivers, but the depth out wide is really starting to show.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
How many MSU fans saw this coming? A lot of folks were picking them second in the West, perhaps with one loss to Bama and maybe even challenging them for the division. Now it looks like 5 losses are likely (Auburn, LSU, Bama to come) and Jimbo probably has the talent at aTm to give them a run, which could be a sixth loss. All in conference, and losing both interdivision games.

They're a one-dimensional offense who Grantham schemed perfectly in the second half, providing anyone who cares to watch a blueprint on how to stop them. Their D is solid but not spectacular. Our front seven is better. Their punter is suspect and the placekicker has decent but not spectacular range.

Not saying we're great or ready to challenge Bama in the SECCG. We're pretty much right where I thought we'd be at this point as far as the record goes. But I will say this...the consistent progress is very, very encouraging. I think we all knew we'd have a solid first line of receivers, but the depth out wide is really starting to show.

Yeah, Moorehead has really sh*t the bed w/ what he was left with. He's forcing Fitzgerald to do things he's not good at (down-field passing). They rolled over a couple of weak teams....then got out muscled by two teams w/ a pulse. MSU has a very, very good defense w/ a lot of depth. I think Moorehead will do very well there (by MSU standards), but he was left a hell of a roster and will be lucky to finish better than 7-5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.