Truth Takes: Owning the Orange

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
It feels good beating Ut by a big margin. Always.

That nagging discomfort comes from knowing it’s like many Kentucky wins. Fool’s Gold. Shiny but not very valuable.

Be happy we won another game that we should have. No disaster this week. No toothless chants of Rock Flop echoing as they exit our stadium. Some good and some to work on. But we all (should) know these wins only really matter when we BEAT UGA and LSU, win the East and win the SEC.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That is definitely a problem, but I will convince myself that the updates given by Mullen are legitimate with the comments about tightness accelerating and decelerating last week. If we get to LSU and still don't see AR, I will start to doubt.

The problem is which updates, the he is ready to play, or the he needs more time... Being he is said both.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I allow him some room for gamesmanship in there, too. No point tipping off the next opponent about AR’s status, or Elam’s or anyone else’s to appease restless fans and media buzz.

This…. Belichick, saban and plenty of other coaches have been doing this for years and some people here act like DM is the only one. It’s infuriating for fans who want to know what’s really going on, but injury updates haven’t been reliable for well over a decade.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The problem is which updates, the he is ready to play, or the he needs more time... Being he is said both.

Like ox says: "We take things apart to really get to know them, and we reassemble them so we'll have extra parts."

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This…. Belichick, saban and plenty of other coaches have been doing this for years and some people here act like DM is the only one. It’s infuriating for fans who want to know what’s really going on, but injury updates haven’t been reliable for well over a decade.
The gamblers probably aren’t a big fan of this practice either.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

There is a difference in what Belichick does, listing half the team on the Injury report, and what he can't do.. Listing a guy as a full go when he is out, but NFL rules play a part in that due to gambling.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I allow him some room for gamesmanship in there, too. No point tipping off the next opponent about AR’s status, or Elam’s or anyone else’s to appease restless fans and media buzz.
You guys are so hilarious. He is like Belichick and saving his best player and playbook.

No, he is a fuchsing idiot who only plays the more senior guys. There isnt anything complicated about Ole Shttters Full.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
You guys are so hilarious. He is like Belichick and saving his best player and playbook. No, he is a fuchsing idiot who only plays the more senior guys. There isnt anything complicated about Ole Shttters Full.

Seems he lacks the coach's & fans' instinctual enthusiasm for continuous dynasty pursuit.? Mullen superglues down the soul of "always put your best foot forward". It really defeats the purpose of hiring somebody like that ... like we have.

Mullen lives & breathes extreme mumpsimus. To the ever-winning authority of excellence, he shows only 'instubbordination'. :D

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So he sat Elam so some older guy could play?

Did he say two weeks ago Elam was cleared to play and was getting ready for Bama, then held him out, saying well he's cleared but we didn't want him to go. Then said well he is getting better but not cleared, then said well he was 100% on Friday.

Because the Elam and AR situations are the same... right?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
IDC......

Really, nothing to get your panties in a wad about.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Did he say two weeks ago Elam was cleared to play and was getting ready for Bama, then held him out, saying well he's cleared but we didn't want him to go. Then said well he is getting better but not cleared, then said well he was 100% on Friday.

Because the Elam and AR situations are the same... right?

Just poking the mule. Elam didn’t do any pregame flips, either.

I’m anxious to see AR more, but if we didn’t need him Saturday I’m ok with waiting another week. Kentucky is a much tougher game. We don’t know how injured Elam was/is. Maybe both would have played if it were truly needed. Ty

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just poking the mule. Elam didn’t do any pregame flips, either.

I’m anxious to see AR more, but if we didn’t need him Saturday I’m ok with waiting another week. Kentucky is a much tougher game. We don’t know how injured Elam was/is. Maybe both would have played if it were truly needed. Ty

I have no problem with us not seeing AR this game or last. The completely stupid qb rotation that Mullen started last season (Trask and EJ). What I'm not a fan of is, it just more BS from out staff. He is no different than Champ and Butters at the mic.

If he just said, EJ gives us a better chance of winning and he is our guy, and treat both qbs accordingly. I would have more respect for Mullen. But it's further bs and unprofessionalism.

Last edited:

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
You guys are so hilarious. He is like Belichick and saving his best player and playbook.

No, he is a fuchsing idiot who only plays the more senior guys. There isnt anything complicated about Ole Shttters Full.

The Belichick comparison may be closer to the truth than you want to admit. I mean the fucher did just allow Tom Brady to go to Tampa Bay while putting all his eggs in a illiterate, cross dressing ego maniac's basket. Only to cut him once he discovered the rookie who had only been there like 2 weeks was having to teach black Liberace the playbook.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.