Tuesday Favorites….Singing Duo

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Who is your favorite singing duo that harmonizes well together?

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
'Blood' harmony is hard to beat...

The Carter sisters (Anita, June and Helen)
The Everly Brothers
The Beach Boys... those guys were insanely tight with the harmonies.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I always thought these two sang very well together...

This is actually a fascinating story from Dolly’s perspective. She wrote I Will Always Love You as a tribute to Porter. The record label chose her over Porter and he was pissed.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
This is actually a fascinating story from Dolly’s perspective. She wrote I Will Always Love You as a tribute to Porter. The record label chose her over Porter and he was pissed.

yep... and he had a hard time with her leaving him too. I think they may have reconciled before he died, but...
her taking off on her own was the best thing for her.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Bocelli with Celine Dion is great. As was mentioned, Simon and Garfunkel probably take the cake. But this one’s my favorite.

Aaron Neville has an amazing voice. Good video, I've never seen that before.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
'Blood' harmony is hard to beat...

The Carter sisters (Anita, June and Helen)
The Everly Brothers
The Beach Boys... those guys were insanely tight with the harmonies.
"Duo" = 2. But the Carter sisters and Beach Boys were still pretty good... :fistbump:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
"Duo" = 2. But the Carter sisters and Beach Boys were still pretty good... :fistbump:

Because I can't follow my own directions, the five members of Eagles singing Seven Bridges Road all together is one of my all time favorites.

The Eagles recorded "Seven Bridges Road" for their Eagles Live concert album. According to band member Don Felder, when the Eagles first began playing stadiums the group would warm up pre-concert by singing "Seven Bridges Road" in a locker room shower area. After, each concert would then open with the group's five members singing "Seven Bridges Road" a capella into a single microphone. Felder recalls that it "blew [the audience] away. It was always a vocally unifying moment, all five voices coming together in harmony."

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I hate Jimmy Buffett, don’t recognize any of those other people, and it appears they ran out of wine. So yes to your question. Just not that one.

Btw, is that Chavez y Chavez on the guitar?

There is a chance that we would never be friends, IRL. :lol:
That’s a shame because I really enjoy the humor and whit in your posts.

(Someone said) JB, George Strait, Jeff Hanna from the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Jim Lauderdale(guitar), maybe Amy Grant, Kathy Mattea in the back, and Tony Brown at the piano, maybe a young Keith Urban far left.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator