Tuesday Favorites…..Starch food

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
What’s your favorite starch food and is it possible to choose just one?

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Is choosing a type really necessary?
It's gonna be a pretty short thread if we don't. :lol:

How about jalapeno cheese bread?

iu

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I picked up a loaf once and as I was going through airport security, the TSA agent sees it on the X-ray and exclaims, "is that jalapeno bread from goode company?!?!"

I thought she was going to confiscate it. :lol:

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Tater. Fixed any way.

Cannot live without taters.

Breads are a close second.

A fried tater sandwich on white bread with cheese and bacon. Try it.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Do I really have to answer?

Nothing can beat pasta when it comes to versatility. The type of pasta is totally dependent on what's going over it or mixed with it. Some sauces, like a tomato-meat sauce can go with pretty much all pasta, while others like clam sauce really need a long thin pasta like linguine. Left to my own devices, I'd eat it every day; my Dr. on the other hand is discouraging this. (I'm convinced he's lurker here - he's a UF grad - and is jealous of the fabulous pasta dishes I've prepared and posted pics of and so he made up some nonsense about my blood sugar being high.)

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Do I really have to answer?

Nothing can beat pasta when it comes to versatility. The type of pasta is totally dependent on what's going over it or mixed with it. Some sauces, like a tomato-meat sauce can go with pretty much all pasta, while others like clam sauce really need a long thin pasta like linguine. Left to my own devices, I'd eat it every day; my Dr. on the other hand is discouraging this. (I'm convinced he's lurker here - he's a UF grad - and is jealous of the fabulous pasta dishes I've prepared and posted pics of and so he made up some nonsense about my blood sugar being high.)
Sarcastic Bill Burr GIF by Desus & Mero

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Home cut fries and pretty much any pasta. In fact, I’m sitting in the Dermatologist office thinking there’s gonna be a fries stop pretty dang soon!

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Home cut fries and pretty much any pasta. In fact, I’m sitting in the Dermatologist office thinking there’s gonna be a fries stop pretty dang soon!
Please don’t over-do it on the Botox and lip fillers. I know it’s all the rage but be conservative.

We are trying to perfect our fries. We are close but I want to try adding some baking soda to make them extra crispy. The Amazon potato slicer was an excellent investment, btw. We use an air fryer to cook.

IMG_5330.jpeg

IMG_5543.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator