Tuesday Favorites....Dog Breed

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Dad has several squirrels that visit the bird feeders. Hank has come close to catching one a few times. He ignores them now ... he gets embarrassed when he's outwitted.

Hank needs to come over to my place. We have plenty of squirrels and we have 5 orange trees. The squirrels chow down on fermented oranges get drunk and can't even get back up a tree. Watching them fall on their a.s.s. es trying is hilarious. Bunch of drunks.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We bread Havanese, two litters worth, for fun. At the time the pups were very expensive. We had a grand champion bitch. And a good male. Checked the pups out in every way possible. We sold them for half the market price. God help the prospective buyers. They had to go through an inquisition before we would sell to them. All said and done we probably didn't make a dime. And two litters was enough for the girl. We didn't want to wear her out. For that mater we didn't want to wear ourselves out. It was a lot of work and fun, until it wasn't.

If my two croak before I do. I'll get a rescue. Criteria, probably ugly as sin, mutts are fine, therefore not likely to be adopted, but sweet.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Back to keeshond. She loved to play hide and seek. The kids would hide, and she would go searching all over the house. Keeshonds don't have the best noses. Then we'd hide a toy, and then the same thing she hunted till she found it. This dog who would not consider chomping down on anyone not a cat and certainly not a human was a great guard dog. If a stranger came into the house her hair would stand up on end and while she was a medium size dog all that hair standing up coupled with a you don't belong here look, made her very intimidating. As soon as I said it's OK the "intruder" was her new best friend. Great with little kids, great with cats, great with any living being. Very very smart dog. Thinking back on all the guys there must be onions in the room.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Does anyone else have a dog that talks? A few days after we had adopted our dog and he got more comfortable around us I came home and he was so happy to see us that he started "talking!" Scared the crap out of me. Now it's just normal chatter for him.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Back to keeshond. She loved to play hide and seek. The kids would hide, and she would go searching all over the house. Keeshonds don't have the best noses. Then we'd hide a toy, and then the same thing she hunted till she found it. This dog who would not consider chomping down on anyone not a cat and certainly not a human was a great guard dog. If a stranger came into the house her hair would stand up on end and while she was a medium size dog all that hair standing up coupled with a you don't belong here look, made her very intimidating. As soon as I said it's OK the "intruder" was her new best friend. Great with little kids, great with cats, great with any living being. Very very smart dog. Thinking back on all the guys there must be onions in the room.
Our last dog died about 8 years ago. Jonas was 1/2 pit bull and 1/2 chow. He was a GREAT guard dog and an even better pet. Once, a buddy of mine pulled up the driveway to pick me up to go fishing. Jonas was at the end of his chain (I know, and I will NEVER chain another dog) with it tight, his hair was standing on end and he was growling and barking ready to kill my buddy. I stepped out on the porch and spoke firmly to Jonas and he settled down, started wagging his tail and was Nathan's best buddy.
Jonas' mother was full pit. She was the most gentle dog of any breed that I've ever seen. He belonged to our next door neighbor but spent 98% of her time at our house. I looked out the window one afternoon and she was rolling around in the grass playing with a cat. They had a big old time and Baby never once offered to harm the cat.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Does anyone else have a dog that talks? A few days after we had adopted our dog and he got more comfortable around us I came home and he was so happy to see us that he started "talking!" Scared the crap out of me. Now it's just normal chatter for him.

yep... we rescued a dog we named Lola.
She would crack us up with how she was trying to chat with us... hilarious.
And of course we would talk right back to her as if we understood what she was saying.
Although 98% of the time it would be about food or going outside.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Hank orders Dominoes for me. Always gets extra anchovies. I hate anchovies.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Hank needs to come over to my place. We have plenty of squirrels and we have 5 orange trees. The squirrels chow down on fermented oranges get drunk and can't even get back up a tree. Watching them fall on their a.s.s. es trying is hilarious. Bunch of drunks.
Squirrels are goofy anyway. A drunk one would be fun to watch.:lol:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I have had many different breeds over the years. It's hard to pick a favorite. I started out with a mutt, the two Shelties, then a Keeshond, then two Havanese and a Yorkie. I never thought I'd have little foo foo dogs but My wife preferred them. You see who won that battle. The Havanese are convinced they can't live without me. Actually all of them did. What else can you ask for.

Don't tell the Havanese, but after thinking about it I think the Keeshond was my favorite, super smart, playful, sweet, loyal and everything else. It's really a hard choice.

A dead ringer for my Keeshond.

Keeshond-3-645mk062411.jpg

With all these fuzzballs in this thread it looks like we should do a "favorite vacuum cleaner" next week! :lol:

Beautiful dog. I don't believe I've ever seen a Keeshond before.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020

exactly what you need - Hank drinking beer and ordering pizza. :facepalm:

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was a lab guy for a long time. My wife and I bought a chocolate puppy when we first got married and Chief was our first child. Had him 13 good years. Then Sally, a yellow female, came along and we had her for 12. Then we got Gunner, our French Brittany...

6EC3E77E-9D8C-4113-A45C-D0E21C5B074A.jpeg

...That’s him with his step-sister Ginger, our Dachshund. We’re now hooked on the Brits. Smart, affectionate, and loves to ride or walk wherever we go. He’s 6 now and in good shape, but I think we’ll need to get him a little buddy before too long that he can help train. Great breed! Don’t know that we’ll ever get any other.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I was a lab guy for a long time. My wife and I bought a chocolate puppy when we first got married and Chief was our first child. Had him 13 good years. Then Sally, a yellow female, came along and we had her for 12. Then we got Gunner, our French Brittany...

...That’s him with his step-sister Ginger, our Dachshund. We’re now hooked on the Brits. Smart, affectionate, and loves to ride or walk wherever we go. He’s 6 now and in good shape, but I think we’ll need to get him a little buddy before too long that he can help train. Great breed! Don’t know that we’ll ever get any other.
I've always liked Labs but felt they needed acerage. Their tales are lethal weapons at coffee table heights! Always happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator