Two Freshman WRs arrested

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
ake them for church
I swear, I think 'Rog stays up late at night studying a Websters dictionary.

I forced myself to take Latin in high school. So many of the 'roots' to our words evolved from Latin.
My Dad, had to drop out of school in the 7th grade to go work in the fields to keep together his 6-sibling
Virginia sharecropper family, due to both his parents dying in bed overnight. They'd worked all week even
though they were deathly ill. They went straight to bed. When the kids went in to wake them for church,
they were dead (from that worldwide epidemic of the Spanish flu). So making good grades was the best
way to please him. He was a great man who made it through hardships by constantly reading his Bible.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Dude, I know a lot of rednecks with glocks and AR's. And I've known a few, who in their youth, carelessly shot out some windows with pellets. Did you know there's a country song about drinking beer and wasting bullets? I've never heard of the behavior of other colored kids, who's color was red and said color's placement was on the neck, being referred to as hood behavior.

I think you had it right when you said reckless behavior. Which it is. Reckless, careless, stupid, hazardes, sure.... but if there was no ill intent, I'm not all together certain that hood behavior is an appropriate or even accurate description. And before you think of me as some soft and overly sensitive liberal, I will tell you that I am a proud gun tooting, middle aged and middle class American white man, who is absolutely sick of political correctness and the pussification of this once great Nation.

But your talking about Gators man. Eighteen year old kids, who you know nothing about. I think we all can be disappointed and frustrated with their poor and immature decision. But lets not go labeling our own color (orange and blue) with denigrating terms before all the facts come in. Haven't we seen enough of that in recent months?

One equates "hood" with low education, disrespect for others property, an overall environment of mitigated morality and personal responsibility... not necessarily the only origin of such acts. Think of it in terms of propensity. You're funny man. I'm about as heavily armed as anyone on this board. I have cross haired many a victim and designed targets. The "hood" reference was used to drive a derogatory point of careless disregard. True, I don't know the "dorm" in question (occupied or vacant/condemned), but it's the potential injury to people behind the target that pisses me off... then, the subsequent condoning of such activity while they ride the free dime/ education opportunity. Represent well is part of your scholarship "job" in my opinion. Hood encompasses all cultures and colors, you might be a little black lives matter sensitized these days. I don't equate a color with concentrated areas of bad luck, low education and poor community leadership/parental guidance. We all have made mistakes and had the cops swing by to speak to mom and dad. We move on hopefully better. But in my family tree, weapon/gun discharging was a dead serious teaching point. "Redneck" lol, 3rd generation Italian from the Bronx. I'm sure you're just a little protective that this involves our players. True, the facts are vague at this point so maybe I was a tad harsh, but life is often the situations one places themselves. I certainly will retract the hood correlation under separate cover if the facts prove this to be a Nerf-Blaster, at painted target, on the glass/wall of a condemned/vacant building, during a hot-boring summer day... Be cool brother.
:fistbump:

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
GPD overcharges as a rule. I guess they think treating it as seriously as possible, and sometimes then some (interfering with dog in line of duty), and inconveniencing them is a deterrent to more mischief.

However, personally I take shooting into a place with people or animals as very serious. I think people who do it, tend to think a BB won't injure anyone, or just don't think about costing others time and money with damaged property. It is a dangerous way of not thinking. Doing it, even for fun with no intent to injure needs to not be tolerated. And a vacant building is not necessarily vacant.

However, as far as the law goes, I think 15 years prison time would be a highly unfair consequence, for this event. Agree it will probably be negotiated down to fine, payment for damage, community service, probably a probation period, and probably at least one game suspension.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Lock them in a dorm room for half an hour and allow any passersby to pick up a BB gun and fire it at the room. See how well they dodge it, and if getting hit is actually harmful.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
You are way underestimating the damages. Safety glass is custom made, then if installed by UF workers will probably mean 5 guys at 10 hours each for a labor charge in the thousands!!! Dumbasses for sure, but many of us were at that point in life. Agree with the sentament of running them till they are puking, then keep going till they are crawling and puking. Then they canick up trash on campus to pay for the damages. The statute they were charged under is way broad and a bb doesnt have any energy after hitting a window. Still dumbasses though.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I did alot worse than this but I was never in the lime light while on scholarship either.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They were hood-rat thugs!! They should be kicked out of the program before they kill someone - including themselves in this tense socio-political climate!!

No, no... They're just boys being boys. This is their first time away from home, reunited with each other as childhood friends. Give 'em a good talkin' to and make 'em run. That's all they need.

Ox will probably ban me for this, 'cause it's the enemy of driving conversation, and after all, this is a message board, but the truth will become much clearer when more information is known. Everyone has to be the first to break the news and to have a strong opinion on whatever happened. The reality is most of the opinions on this board are relevant, but the wise perspective on this, as well as the best response to it, really will need to be made with more information.

Here's a start on better information...

Incident occurred at around 6:45pm, Cleveland owned up to it (though the media said Wells) and the officer was called to the scene at 11:30pm.

Attachments

• Arrest Report - Cleveland.pdf
    160.8 KB · Views: 95

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
You guys don't remember the Defenestration of Prague from high school European History?

That's how we should have gotten rid of Muschamp. Tossed him right out the window.

watermark_big.php

Alex.

Last edited:

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
LOL... I just did the exact same thing. Found this little gem for when it is used in medical terms.

o_O

I learned the traditional version of the word from Cam Newton's Excellent Laptop Adventure.

The medicinal version of the word was applied the other night by Sherrif Clark on Don Lemon's posterior.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
ake them for church

I forced myself to take Latin in high school. So many of the 'roots' to our words evolved from Latin.
My Dad, had to drop out of school in the 7th grade to go work in the fields to keep together his 6-sibling
Virginia sharecropper family, due to both his parents dying in bed overnight. They'd worked all week even
though they were deathly ill. They went straight to bed. When the kids went in to wake them for church,
they were dead (from that worldwide epidemic of the Spanish flu). So making good grades was the best
way to please him. He was a great man who made it through hardships by constantly reading his Bible.
Figured you took Latin when you used fenestration.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Depends on what it was they damaged. What ever it was was reported as three. If it was a sliding glass door those are tempered glass and could be as much as $1000 a piece not counting removal and replacement costs. In student housing, there are lots of cost contributing factors such as means of egress, safety glazing requirements, are the units low-e and/or argon filled to meet Fla State Energy Requirements. What if the fenestration is located on a 3rd floor?

It was the South Ingress/Egress fenestration and the 2 fixed panes beside it.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The police report (provided by EuroGator) described the damage as the south door and the two windows adjacent to that door (all glass) (shattered) (tempered).
Still not enough information to determine the replacement cost. I'm guessing Officer McCarthy had to make a determination of the level of charges, asked himself (or an RA) if was more or less than $1000. Less is a misdemeanor and more is a 3rd degree felony punishable of not more than 5 years and $5000. Typically in a window the insulated units can be removed from the frame (or sash in the event they are in an operating window), but the door is different and the entire panel inclding the frame and lack mechanism would be replaced. Again the key word here is tempered ($). I would bet the Athletic Department will pay the property owner $1500-1800 when its all said and done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator