Two Gators Make All-SEC Freshman Team, Callaway Left Off

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't have the numbers to beat the other two guys out. Kinda sucks there's only two spots for WR on the freshman team.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Callaway's absence from the All-SEC freshman team is completely ridiculous. The kid is a superstar in the making. Just imagine if we had anyone, ANYONE, who could actually complete a pass to him...

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
As Sas said, it's a stats thing. If Grier hadn't got himself suspended, Callaway would have had the stats. With Treon, well, you know...

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
As Sas said, it's a stats thing. If Grier hadn't got himself suspended, Callaway would have had the stats. With Treon, well, you know...
Stop picking on Treon. Everyone knows it's because Coach Mac sucks.

--kev

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Congrats to CeCe and Ivey. No Calloway?

giphy.gif

513.gif

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
So, no sophomore slump for Callaway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I think Ivey made this on his name....not belittling his effort as he was thrown into a tough spot and was never 100% healthy. That being said not many true freshmen to choose from usually on the offensive line. Jefferson actually dominated some of our lesser completion and still held his own against the big boys. Calloway being left off is a ****ing crime....Do people actually watch these games...or even highlight shows.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So Grier didn't make the team?

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You got incentive now, Calloway.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think Ivey made this on his name....not belittling his effort as he was thrown into a tough spot and was never 100% healthy.
He struggled in pass protection, as should be expected, but he was pretty good run blocking, probably our best run blocker. I won't be surprised if he stays inside and becomes a great guard.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No faith in Riles, Dorsey, or Dillard? :lol2:
Well, Riles was switched back to 4th string DT when we needed anyone with a pulse on offense. Dillard was pulled for a true freshman. Dorsey hasn't been seen for a month and a half. Yes, I have faith they will never be on the field again.

Dillard came back when Ivey was injured, but once we have McCoy and the redshirts, I think he's done too. He was an absolute embarrassment.

As for Ivie, It's more of a feet thing. Bammer has had some HUGE guards, and guys who play two years at guard then a year at tackle. I don't think Mac will move him to tackle just because he is tall.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Stop picking on Treon. Everyone knows it's because Coach Mac sucks.

--kev
I've never once said the man sucked that's you putting words in my mouth. Treon on the other hand does suck. What I have said is Mac did a terrible job of putting Treon in position to succeed. Mac is ok by me but everyone on this forum bending over backwards becausee he didn't make the coty list need to look at the real stats to understand why we won 10 games and why we lost 2 by blowout. Again I support Mac I support him 100% but he didn't belong on the list and that's why he was left off

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I also think Callaway as electric as he is was a very inconsistent player because of the Qb playwhich I know is not his fault but because of that I have no problem with him not making 1st team SEC. I do think he's just as good as the 2 players who were selected though, but go ahead and take what I said our of content and call me a troll.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've never once said the man sucked that's you putting words in my mouth. Treon on the other hand does suck. What I have said is Mac did a terrible job of putting Treon in position to succeed. Mac is ok by me but everyone on this forum bending over backwards becausee he didn't make the coty list need to look at the real stats to understand why we won 10 games and why we lost 2 by blowout. Again I support Mac I support him 100% but he didn't belong on the list and that's why he was left off
I'm going to let you in on a little secret...it was a joke. :stickpoke:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.