Tyler Jordan enrolls early

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Law98gator;n222128 said:
They are NOT outside the rules because the new freshman haven't arrived yet.

I agree. This particular problem appears to be the President not Dooley.
Well if it is the President who isn't for over signing he's the one who needs to wake up. Every top college program oversigns,every year. That allows them to cut loose the player's who'll never contribute and allow them to move on.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Marianna said:
Well if it is the President who isn't for over signing he's the one who needs to wake up. Every top college program oversigns,every year. That allows them to cut loose the player's who'll never contribute and allow them to move on.

Traditionally UF is not going to over sign and I don't see that changing nor do I really want it to be. Better to get every school to stop.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
Law98gator;n222128 said:
They are NOT outside the rules because the new freshman haven't arrived yet.

I agree. This particular problem appears to be the President not Dooley.

Didn't say they were over. And you're right, they aren't...

yet.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n222208 said:
Traditionally UF is not going to over sign and I don't see that changing nor do I really want it to be. Better to get every school to stop.
I don't know what tradition your are talking about. Until Creyer's last year we ALWAYS had a full 85 and had to send a few guys who can't cut it packing, back when we had the tradition of winning.

If you'd rather lose for some stupid principle that no one else but Vandy follows, good for you. We can be lovable losers like Vandy and Northwestern.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
Right. So UF was not over the 85. Or are you saying Cryer allowed/encouraged that?

I think VulcanAlex is correct, UF should not try to be/stay above the limit.

And like you've already stated, the limit only applies at a certain point in the season. Not 365 days out of a year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Jand3k;n222120 said:
Law, if ^ to me then my statement was meant for MFLG's comment that giving a Head Coach full control w/zero oversight enables cheating to win games and THAT IS how you get a program on probation.:
Understood. My ability to skim on my phone while standing in the hallway waiting isn't that good.

I also seem to have no ability to edit from my phone these days using any browser.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Jand3k;n222222 said:
Right. So UF was not over the 85. Or are you saying Cryer allowed/encouraged that?.
How the heck do you think all those magical 3-4 transfers occurred every year to JUST barely get us to 85 for the season?

We weren't Nutt or Saban, signing 10-15 extra per year, but we definitely did it. We occasionally dropped to 84 or 83 and gave a ST kid a scholarship but only for a year. You didn't see 5 or 10 walkons on scholarships, many of whom have now been on multiple years, and none of whom are good enough to play on a decent 1AA team.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
Agreed, and completely!

But when it mattered we made it to the 85 and very few, if any, were kicked to the curb year in and year out. And yes, that was basically ONLY during the Esophogeal Era. :wink:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not talking about signing 30 extra over 4 years. I'm talking about having two or three as a buffer. We KNOW kids are going to get in trouble, transfer when they can't climb the depth chart, or whatever. Having guys like Debose and Andrade eating a scholarship for 4-6 years while pulling down one catch every other year is insane. That's the recipe for 4-4.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Law98gator;n222377 said:
I'm not talking about signing 30 extra over 4 years. I'm talking about having two or three as a buffer. We KNOW kids are going to get in trouble, transfer when they can't climb the depth chart, or whatever. Having guys like Debose and Andrade eating a scholarship for 4-6 years while pulling down one catch every other year is insane. That's the recipe for 4-4.
Bama signs 25-28 every year no matter how many player's is on the roster. We should be doing the same because it's damn sure worked for them.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;222326 said:
Understood. My ability to skim on my phone while standing in the hallway waiting isn't that good.

I also seem to have no ability to edit from my phone these days using any browser.

A browser? WTF? Why don't you use the app? That's what I use 95% of the time. If you catch me liking a post that's because you caught me in that 5% gap on a browser/computer.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Screw the app. Yes a browser. Maybe I want to spy on the weirdos in the chatbox or like a thread. I swear I have 80 "extra" apps already. Everyone has an app and tries to insist I use it.

The last thing I need is one more.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Marianna said:
Bama signs 25-28 every year no matter how many player's is on the roster. We should be doing the same because it's damn sure worked for them.
Crackumbus State also. Probably one of the aspects of not being a broken program.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;222512 said:
A browser? WTF? Why don't you use the app? That's what I use 95% of the time. If you catch me liking a post that's because you caught me in that 5% gap on a browser/computer.

You're grumpy

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n222710 said:
Originally posted by GatorJ

You're grumpy

Talk to yourself often J?:crazy::lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.