UCF has a coach, quarterback and team on the rise. Should we go after Scott Frost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why is it that our administration thinks that just because a coach looked great under Saban that it means their gonna do well here? Hell Saban was able to make Nusschamp look good.
I don't know... foley either had a huge hard on for bama or is so bad at picking football coaches (he is) that he thought it would be easy to just get Saban guys because they have to be good?

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
UCF had an 0-12 record but they were not an 0-12 team. They had won thier conference the previous two seasons. The gave up on O'Leary in 2015. UCF had won 12, 10, 9 the previous seasons. Anybody with a pulse would have gone 6-7 in 2016. There's nothing remarkable about that record. He's 4-0 this season with only Navy and USF that has any pulse coming up. Waaayyy too early to make a judgment on Frost.

:facepalm:

Your "logic" is so flawed it makes my brain hurt. According to you UCF was a great team who had great success so they gave up on their coach?

I guarantee you never saw them play a game when they went 0-12 no matter what you may say. They stunk out loud from the first snap of the first game. But I will give you credit for sticking by your ridiculous objections to Frost based on absolutely nothing despite all of the actual facts regarding what he's done with that team.
:snicker:

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gatebait listed Frost's per game #2 scoring offense ranking.... seems unfair if that includes their stopping a game in the 3rd quarter due to runaway scoring?
What other team has their prowess so governed down?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
:facepalm:

Your "logic" is so flawed it makes my brain hurt. According to you UCF was a great team who had great success so they gave up on their coach?

I guarantee you never saw them play a game when they went 0-12 no matter what you may say. They stunk out loud from the first snap of the first game. But I will give you credit for sticking by your ridiculous objections to Frost based on absolutely nothing despite all of the actual facts regarding what he's done with that team.
:snicker:
What has he "actually" done with that team? He went 6-7 in year one. They are half way into season two and you are ready to anoint him as the savor after 5 games? Five games! C'mon you're smarter than that. He has faced no real test, be it a key injury or decent competition.
I follow UCF closer than you think and watch them whenever something else isn't on. They usually field pretty good teams, losing to P5 opponents in the 4th QTR when lack of depth shows up but cleaning up in conference. In 2013 they beat #8 Louisville, #6 Baylor and gave #12 USC all they could handle. Did you want George O'Leary then? In 2014 they lost some close ones to P5 oppenets but finished the season as conference co-champion after dropping a game to UConn. UCF is the class of that conference. Frost hasn't done anything remarkable with them yet.
He may turn into a good one but it is waayyy too fcvking early to gamble UF's future on that bet.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I don't know... foley either had a huge hard on for bama or is so bad at picking football coaches (he is) that he thought it would be easy to just get Saban guys because they have to be good?

No question there was a measure off arrogance on the part of Foley. Coaches talk about "reading your own press clippings", and this was a prime example. That said, the hard-on for Alabama was not in any way unique to him. I can vividly remember our fans exiting the GA Dome in '09 spewing about how we have to change the offense and how Meyer's system wouldn't work any more, etc. Same thing on here. Post after post detailing how bad the offense was in 2009 compared to previous years, and how it had to be revamped, players had to be purged, etc

All from one bad game. Insanity.

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What has he "actually" done with that team? He went 6-7 in year one. They are half way into season two and you are ready to anoint him as the savor after 5 games? Five games! C'mon you're smarter than that. He has faced no real test, be it a key injury or decent competition.
I follow UCF closer than you think and watch them whenever something else isn't on. They usually field pretty good teams, losing to P5 opponents in the 4th QTR when lack of depth shows up but cleaning up in conference. In 2013 they beat #8 Louisville, #6 Baylor and gave #12 USC all they could handle. Did you want George O'Leary then? In 2014 they lost some close ones to P5 oppenets but finished the season as conference co-champion after dropping a game to UConn. UCF is the class of that conference. Frost hasn't done anything remarkable with them yet.
He may turn into a good one but it is waayyy too fcvking early to gamble UF's future on that bet.

I'll put you in the snooze you lose category. You can sit around and hope for something that will never happen like hiring a "P5 coach with a long history and multiple 10 win seasons" who for some reason is going to leave the school he's been successful at and is already being highly compensated for while I go with what I actually see with my own two eyes and is actually feasible.

Last edited:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I'll put you in the snooze you lose category. You can sit around and hope for something that will never happen like hiring a "P5 coach with a long history and multiple 10 win seasons" who for some reason is going to leave the school he's been successful at and is already being highly compensated for while I go with what I actually see with my own two eyes and is actually a feasible.
I'm just glad you're not on the search committee.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Hell and no. Let him go to Nebraska and fall flat.

Our next hire has got to be a splash hire, not some newbie or also ran.

gatyr

Oct 3, 2014
If we do decide to pursue, isn't Mike White's brother the AD at UCF? Will that give UF a shot?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
If we do decide to pursue, isn't Mike White's brother the AD at UCF? Will that give UF a shot?

Yes, they're bro's!!

http://www.ucfknights.com/staff.aspx?staff=271

White comes from a family deeply involved in intercollegiate athletics. His father, Kevin, is director of athletics at Duke University. His brother, Michael, is the head men’s basketball coach at the University of Florida. His brother, Brian, is the senior associate athletics director for development at the University of Missouri.

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Hell and no. Let him go to Nebraska and fall flat.

Our next hire has got to be a splash hire, not some newbie or also ran.
I'll ask you the same question I've been asking everyone. Who is this "splash hire" you speak of? And name for me all of the "splash hires" that have occured in college football in the last 10-15 years. You've pretty much got Saban and Harbaugh and Meyer. Saban wanted the hell out of the pros and was offered the head job at a storied program who would agree to just about any terms he demanded. Harbaugh went to Michigan because it's his alma mater. Meyer we all know about. Who else fits the bill as a "splash hire" and how do you suppose you entice them to come to UF? Seriously, I'd like to know your or Threat's or anybody's grand plan. Because if it's so f**king easy don't you think it would have been done by Texas, LSU, Georgia, Miami, Notre Dame, USC, Nebraska, Tennessee and all the other schools who can supposedly afford it?

You certainly can't say Herman, Fuente, Brohm, or Franklin were "splash hires" when they were hired. They were still as much question marks as Frost would be.

Last edited:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'll ask you the same question I've been asking everyone. Who is this "splash hire" you speak of? And name for me all of the "splash hires" that have occured in college football in the last 10-15 years. You've pretty much got Saban and Harbaugh and Meyer. Saban wanted the hell out of the pros and was offered the head job at a storied program who would agree to just about any terms he demanded. Harbaugh went to Michigan because it's his alma mater. Meyer we all know about. Who else fits the bill as a "splash hire" and how do you suppose you entice them to come to UF? Seriously, I'd like to know your or Threat's or anybody's grand plan. Because if it's so f**king easy don't you think it would have been done by Texas, LSU, Georgia, Miami, Notre Dame, USC, Nebraska, Tennessee and all the other schools who can supposedly afford it?

You certainly can't say Herman, Fuente, Brohm, or Franklin were "splash hires" when they were hired. They were still as much question marks as Frost would be.
Its not worth it bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member