UCF thinks they're one of FL's power teams now; fans flip out when you call them Central Florida

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The problem is it may eventually be their time. We better get off our a... and reassert ourselves.
I guess you haven't actually been paying attention to recruiting.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Recruiting and game results aren't the same thing. I'm over counting chickens before they hatch.
Try watching the games sober, it's a completely new experience.

UCF will never beat UF again - EVER.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Try watching the games sober, it's a completely new experience.

UCF will never beat UF again - EVER.
I damned sure hope not. But I've lived longer than you have and watched big programs go to hell and little programs become powers. As long as we keep those guys out of the SEC and Big 10 you are probably but not definitely right.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
So they are at least in the top 5 in Florida? Them's some bragging rights right there...:thumbup:

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
They don't want to be a directional school and "Central" is a pretty weak direction.

Their own fault.

The Florida Institute of Technology (FIT) was founded in '58 by NASA folks and astronauts to support the burgeoning space program a few miles up the road in Cape Canaveral. It opened as Brevard Engineering College, a small, private school in Melbourne, and later changed its name to FIT in '66.

That school isn't UCF though. That school still exists as FIT in Melbourne. UCF just totally ripped off FIT's name and origin story.

UCF was originally Florida Technological University because they couldn't be Florida Institute of Technology. Not only did they rip off most of the name, they ripped off the history of the connection to NASA. Yeah, part of the impetus for the creation of UCF was the need for engineers to work for NASA, but FIT was the original and did it for years before UCF.

Anyway...

"Florida Technological University" could have gone by Florida Tech (like Georgia Tech or Virginia Tech) which doesn't feel so directional. But they chose to switch their name to University of Central Florida. That doesn't sound prestigious though. So they think just UCF sounds cooler. They get defensive about it and insist on UCF even though their sh!tty diplomas clearly say "University of Central Florida" on them.

It gets worse.

They were originally the Citronauts. As in Citrus-Astronauts. Like an astronaut with an orange for a body. No, I'm not kidding (and yes, it does feel like they at least partially ripped off Syracuse with that disaster). So they soon switched it to the Golden Knights. Then they ditched the Golden and became just the Knights. Too many other colorful Knights out there, like the Black Knights of Army and the Scarlet Knights of Rutgers so they figured just "Knights" would sound more prestigious without the gold.

Are you feeling a trend?

Just in case you thought I was making this sh!t up...I give you the "Florida Technological University Citronaut"

iu

Alex.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
They don't want to be a directional school and "Central" is a pretty weak direction.

Their own fault.

The Florida Institute of Technology (FIT) was founded in '58 by NASA folks and astronauts to support the burgeoning space program a few miles up the road in Cape Canaveral. It opened as Brevard Engineering College, a small, private school in Melbourne, and later changed its name to FIT in '66.

That school isn't UCF though. That school still exists as FIT in Melbourne. UCF just totally ripped off FIT's name and origin story.

UCF was originally Florida Technological University because they couldn't be Florida Institute of Technology. Not only did they rip off most of the name, they ripped off the history of the connection to NASA. Yeah, part of the impetus for the creation of UCF was the need for engineers to work for NASA, but FIT was the original and did it for years before UCF.

Anyway...

"Florida Technological University" could have gone by Florida Tech (like Georgia Tech or Virginia Tech) which doesn't feel so directional. But they chose to switch their name to University of Central Florida. That doesn't sound prestigious though. So they think just UCF sounds cooler. They get defensive about it and insist on UCF even though their sh!tty diplomas clearly say "University of Central Florida" on them.

It gets worse.

They were originally the Citronauts. As in Citrus-Astronauts. Like an astronaut with an orange for a body. No, I'm not kidding (and yes, it does feel like they at least partially ripped off Syracuse with that disaster). So they soon switched it to the Golden Knights. Then they ditched the Golden and became just the Knights. Too many other colorful Knights out there, like the Black Knights of Army and the Scarlet Knights of Rutgers so they figured just "Knights" would sound more prestigious without the gold.

Are you feeling a trend?

Just in case you thought I was making this sh!t up...I give you the "Florida Technological University Citronaut"

iu

Alex.
Haha, they sound like a bigger bunch of crooks than the clown college... :lol2:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

Their own fault.

Anyway...

It gets worse.

Are you feeling a trend?

iu

Alex.
they should have stuck with the citros. at least thats memorable and clever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator