UF Fall Camp: camp over...Game 1 up next

Status
Not open for further replies.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
We did a decent job of hanging around. They could have run up the score and they didnt.

Thats an excuse and you are cherry picking one statement I made without the context of everything I said after. Im tired of pumpers saying we only lost by 6 to bama last year and then they shudder at the expectation we should have a chance to win next season. Why do they do that? Because they know the house of cards that Mullen has built can't and the fact we only lost by 6 last season had nothing to do with where the program is actually at with progress. That is the point I am making.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Listen carefully.

We are the University of Fcuking Florida. Our benchmark is to be in the national championship conversation every single year.

Every. Single. Year.

I didn't say win it every year. I didn't say go undefeated every year. I didn't say beat 'Bama every year. But we should beat them regularly. Auburn, LSU, Ole Miss, aTm, all beat 'Bama sometimes, even when 'Bama is very good.

We should consistently recruit in the top 5 and never fall below top 10.

We should always have an exciting, high-scoring offense and an intimidating, fast defense.

We should always be preseason top 10. We are allowed to have an off season once every 7 years but it should be an aberration and a a surprise, never expected. And an "off" season means 3 or at the most 4 regular season losses, never more, no matter how many injuries we have that season. Never go worse than 8-4 in the regular season. Never lose to an unranked team.

We should finish the post-season ranked in the top 5 most years but no lower than top 10 except for that once every 7 years hiccup.

We should be the default East pick every year. The preseason question should always be whether some other East team will be able to challenge Florida.

When other teams see Florida on their schedule, they should pencil in the loss or imagine some crazy argument for why they might be able to keep it close late and hope for some good luck.

We should be in Atlanta at least 2 out of every 3 years. That's the goal EVERY year. That isn't a "good" season for us. That's the bare minimum we expect. 9-3 is a "bad" regular season for us and not acceptable. 3 regular season losses at Florida puts your ass on a very hot seat. 4 losses should get you fired.

We should win the SEC at least 1 out of every 3 years. That's a "good" season for us.

We should win the National Championship 1 out of every 5 years. That's a "great" season for us.

That's the standard for us. That's the benchmark.

Can we do that? Of course we can. All we need is a commitment to football--build the facilities, recruit the kids, coach them up, fill the stands. We have all the advantages we need. I'm not being delusional here. We have the talent around us, and we play in the right league. The only reason we aren't at this level is because of incompetent leadership.

Alex.
You forgot BEAT GEORGIA EVERY F...NG YEAR.
Other than that...diddo.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Thats an excuse and you are cherry picking one statement I made without the context of everything I said after. Im tired of pumpers saying we only lost by 6 to bama last year and then they shudder at the expectation we should have a chance to win next season. Why do they do that? Because they know the house of cards that Mullen has built can't and the fact we only lost by 6 last season had nothing to do with where the program is actually at with progress. That is the point I am making.

I agree with your position. Just pointing out the farce that we stayed within 6 points of bama and almost won that game. We agree. We are a long way from being a team that competes with bama every year. We dont have the leadership to be on top and I am not sure that hiring a better coach will cure it. It has taken many years for the sorry asses in charge to even break ground on a project that should have been completed years ago. We should have already built phase 2 and planning phase 3. Instead we are just now putting up walls.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I agree. We aren’t winning anything of importance without beating Bama or their equivalent.

But you’re kind of moving the goal post. There’s 129 other teams trying to dethrone Alabama as well. They’re in a class of their own.
Cuz... I was with you in your first couple posts... But come on man! Remember when we were the winningest team of 1st decade of the 2,000's. WE WERE THE BENCHMARK. Saban never accepted being second best. And then he became the benchmark. WHY WOULDN'T BAMA BE THE BENCHMARK??? (If our goal is to be champions, that is.)

Put it another way. What is your benchmark? To be a consistent Richt-like 9 or 10 win team.?. Or to be a championship team? How about let's just go back to SOS and the 1990s. Spurrier's first goal was ALWAYS to win the SEC. Well... you can't be SEC champs without being bama... So yeah, they are the benchmark. How can you honestly see it any other way?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Listen carefully.

We are the University of Fcuking Florida. Our benchmark is to be in the national championship conversation every single year.

Every. Single. Year.

I didn't say win it every year. I didn't say go undefeated every year. I didn't say beat 'Bama every year. But we should beat them regularly. Auburn, LSU, Ole Miss, aTm, all beat 'Bama sometimes, even when 'Bama is very good.

We should consistently recruit in the top 5 and never fall below top 10.

We should always have an exciting, high-scoring offense and an intimidating, fast defense.

We should always be preseason top 10. We are allowed to have an off season once every 7 years but it should be an aberration and a a surprise, never expected. And an "off" season means 3 or at the most 4 regular season losses, never more, no matter how many injuries we have that season. Never go worse than 8-4 in the regular season. Never lose to an unranked team.

We should finish the post-season ranked in the top 5 most years but no lower than top 10 except for that once every 7 years hiccup.

We should be the default East pick every year. The preseason question should always be whether some other East team will be able to challenge Florida.

When other teams see Florida on their schedule, they should pencil in the loss or imagine some crazy argument for why they might be able to keep it close late and hope for some good luck.

We should be in Atlanta at least 2 out of every 3 years. That's the goal EVERY year. That isn't a "good" season for us. That's the bare minimum we expect. 9-3 is a "bad" regular season for us and not acceptable. 3 regular season losses at Florida puts your ass on a very hot seat. 4 losses should get you fired.

We should win the SEC at least 1 out of every 3 years. That's a "good" season for us.

We should win the National Championship 1 out of every 5 years. That's a "great" season for us.

That's the standard for us. That's the benchmark.

Can we do that? Of course we can. All we need is a commitment to football--build the facilities, recruit the kids, coach them up, fill the stands. We have all the advantages we need. I'm not being delusional here. We have the talent around us, and we play in the right league. The only reason we aren't at this level is because of incompetent leadership.

Alex.

That’s a really good post

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well Bama’s not concerned about any team I’d imagine.
Are you saying that beating Bama is the benchmark now?
yes. being in the national championship picture most years is exactly the standard when you're the flagship in Florida.

no being the 4th or fifth best team in the SEC is never good enough. if you have some strange rebuilding here okay. Year in and year, that's never going to be good enough.

you can stick your head up your ass and lick yourself all you want but the three game face plant at the end of the season and the fans reaction to douchebag Dan quitting is all you needed to know.

there was severe grumbling and the truth is most fans would love for some NFL team to stupidly hire that douchebag.

there's going to be a nuclear seat under his ass once he loses again to Georgia in October. he may face plant enough in September to start it.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
We should just cower down and accept defeat. Nobody will ever measure up to saint nick. Why even play the game? We are automatic losers.

I don’t think anyone’s saying that. And I’ll agree that we have every right to be miserable if your other prediction of 3-4 losses each year comes true. But if beating the team that’s perennially the best in the country is our only benchmark, then 7 of Spurrier’s years—the most prolific run we’ve ever had—sucked. No one suggested laying down or not playing the game. But we were playing for second during much of that era. We watched hated rivals playing for it all 8 times during that span while we managed only one NC ourselves. But we still racked up enjoyable seasons and some really fun wins. I think that also is Renard’s point.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
@Swamp Donkey

Thanks for the loony emoji. I had to go back and correct my statement . It was 7 years that sucked under Spurrier based on that premise, not 5. I owe you one, pal.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t think anyone’s saying that. And I’ll agree that we have every right to be miserable if your other prediction of 3-4 losses each year comes true. But if beating the team that’s perennially the best in the country is our only benchmark, then 5 of Spurrier’s years—the most prolific run we’ve ever had—sucked. No one suggested laying down or not playing the game. But we were playing for second during much of that era. We watched hated rivals playing for it all 8 times during that span while we managed only one NC ourselves. But we still racked up enjoyable seasons and some really fun wins. I think that also is Renard’s point.
Again you desperately try to paint this trash staff and coach as somehow equivalent to a coach who dominated the SEC for a decade. Or even the Creyer era of two SEC championships in three years.

In none of those years did we send out some third rate team with Cowbell coaching staff or Cowbell talent just hoping not to be embarrassed. We started each season with "maybe if things go right we win a ring". I went into every game expecting to win... well maybe not with Doug Johnson.

There is no school such hope with this steaming pile of shyt coach. Other than fanstasies of Mullen somehow not being Mullen sometime in the future, hirigm an entirely new staff eith actual competency, and an excellent DC and ST coordinator to make up for his medicore, stale and predictable ball control offense.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Again you desperately try to paint this trash staff and coach as somehow equivalent to a coach who dominated the SEC for a decade. Or even the Creyer era of two SEC championships in three years.

In none of those years did we send out some third rate team with Cowbell coaching staff or Cowbell talent just hoping not to be embarrassed. We started each season with "maybe if things go right we win a ring". I went into every game expecting to win... well maybe not with Doug Johnson.

There is no school such hope with this steaming pile of shyt coach. Other than fanstasies of Mullen somehow not being Mullen sometime in the future, hirigm an entirely new staff eith actual competency, and an excellent DC and ST coordinator to make up for his medicore, stale and predictable ball control offense.

Not painting anything. Nor am I comparing, as there’s no comparison at the moment.

I posted math and historical stats. I realize that’s not your strong suit, but there’s no denying that we were looking up at fsu, um, and even ut on a couple of occasions during our run under Spurrier. I still had a blast and enjoyed the seasons.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This is math:

Ogre
SEC championship 1
National.Championship 1

Mullen
Very existence: zero

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We did a decent job of hanging around. They could have run up the score and they didnt.
Mullen goes into full scale surrender in the third quarter vs Trailerbammer and Uga. Run run run run run. They see him running the clock out for them.

Saban and Smart accepting the surrender and doing the same isnt remotely similar to the game ever being in doubt.

Almost anyone with talent can score any number they feel like vs Grantham. But scoring 60 or 80 or more does involve a risk of injury to their stars.

We used to laugh at Joey Freshwater surrending to us in the Meyer years and then bragging that he kept it under two scores.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
In none of those years did we send out some third rate team with Cowbell coaching staff or Cowbell talent just hoping not to be embarrassed.

For those that lived, breathed, focused on and rewound nearly every meaningful down from SOS to Urbs (with the vacation in between of the coach whose name I shall not type): this is so damn true and the massive difference between SoFla’s record comparisons gloss-over and reality.

Even the blowouts under SOS, like Nebraska, or the seasons where we didn’t come out on top of our rivals were gut wrenching because we knew thought we’d win or had a very good chance. Urban took longer to get there as the Prothro leg game wasn’t a surprising result.

I never felt that we had that chance for even 30 seconds in last year’s SEC Championship. I was hoping we’d play perfect, get lucky, and pull an upset like fuchsing Boise St in the Fiesta Bowl. I never thought there was any chance the Gators would just come out and play better to win. That is massively different from the SOS years and most of Urbie and not up to standard.

Are the collected satans a different animal than we ever faced from 92-2008, yes. The closest comparisons were the Pete Carroll usc and a brief moment of UM before it was literally us. But, none of them or us could sustain it like this.

Part of that is other elite schools fought it off at those times. Our admin (and god-awful hiring) has bowed out of the fight for nearly 12 years. It will be 15+ before we have a chance to truly be in the game.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Carter's Corner: Previewing Six-Pack of Gators Transfers - Florida Gators

_210320_114_JordanHerald_71.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Diwun just doesnt look 228. The two guys to his right maybe. (The one onnthe far right probably 240 but tough to tell and weird angles.)

Diwun doesnt even look close. His thighs are small. Chest. Just doesnt look like he has been near a weightroom frankly. Maybe they had a no tweeting rule at his gym. I suspect he's going to get a painful lesson from SEC guards and running backs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.