UF Fall Camp: camp over...Game 1 up next

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

If Blades wins the job, it was a great decision on his part. I don't understand why he didn't go somewhere like Tennessee, FSU, or another struggling, former 'good' P5 program...or even go to a G5 school where he would have almost assuredly been a starter. His goal is to get to the NFL. He was a starter at A&M (not sure why he left there also) and contemplated going into last year's draft (when he was advised to play one more year of college). It was a risky decision on his part - and it was an iffy take on our part. If he ends up starting, I guess it's a win for everyone. If he's just a depth piece, it was a bust for everyone.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I think its good news actually. We know our OL is garbage. Its good to see the DL making plays since last season it was a huge weakness. This is Mullen's 4th year and this is his team. 18 September is judgement day and it is really good to see our front 7 on defense getting good practice in.

Other than Delance, I think the OL will be solid (not great, but solid). Reese is in better shape and in his 6th year, White is healthy, Braun is probably our best overall OL, Gouraige seems to be more than serviceable at OT (and he's the highest ranked OL on the roster), and Eguakun could/should be solid 6th man or even could move into the starting lineup - which would push Braun to OT and Delance to the bench - that's a win. Also, w/ the mobile QB it will hide a lot of the OL's weaknesses.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If Blades ..... He was a starter at A&M (not sure why he left there also) and contemplated going into last year's draft (when he was advised to play one more year of college).
I dont know why message boards keep repeating that.

He was played the year before but was passed up last year, resulting in him quitting the team.

He is a disaster take. But I guess we had empty seats and no takers. Maybe he contributes on STa at least.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I dont know why message boards keep repeating that.

He was played the year before but was passed up last year, resulting in him quitting the team.

He is a disaster take. But I guess we had empty seats and no takers. Maybe he contributes on STa at least.

You're probably right....but I think they used the "he got injured" excuse for getting passed over. I would have just rather taken an OL transfer...or save the spot for a 22 transfer.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You're probably right....but I think they used the "he got injured" excuse for getting passed over. I would have just rather taken an OL transfer...or save the spot for a 22 transfer.
I thought it was a covid panic sit out.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Other than Delance, I think the OL will be solid (not great, but solid). Reese is in better shape and in his 6th year, White is healthy, Braun is probably our best overall OL, Gouraige seems to be more than serviceable at OT (and he's the highest ranked OL on the roster), and Eguakun could/should be solid 6th man or even could move into the starting lineup - which would push Braun to OT and Delance to the bench - that's a win. Also, w/ the mobile QB it will hide a lot of the OL's weaknesses.

When was the last time our OL could get 2 yards when we absolutely had to?

How many off-tackle plays go for NO or even Negative Yards?

Now factor in INJURY...Name a season this was not a factor?

Bama, OSU, Clemson...Have 3rd string OL who could start for UF.

BUT we gave this clown...$7.6MIL

raw

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
When was the last time our OL could get 2 yards when we absolutely had to?

How many off-tackle plays go for NO or even Negative Yards?

Now factor in INJURY...Name a season this was not a factor?

Bama, OSU, Clemson...Have 3rd string OL who could start for UF.

BUT we gave this clown...$7.6MIL

raw

Well, I'm of the mindset that players get better as they age w/ the program (usually). These guys have all been here multiple years - including Braun, White, & Eguakun. So I'm 'hoping' it's better. But yes, Hevesy needs to go - the recruiting effort and lack of development is a big issue, and our $7.6 million man seems unconcerned whatsoever about addressing it.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Well, I'm of the mindset that players get better as they age w/ the program (usually). These guys have all been here multiple years - including Braun, White, & Eguakun. So I'm 'hoping' it's better. But yes, Hevesy needs to go - the recruiting effort and lack of development is a big issue, and our $7.6 million man seems unconcerned whatsoever about addressing it.

They're here because they can't go anywhere else...LIKE OUR HC & DC

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Okay, you're right. We're going 0-12. No need to have any further discussion about it. They're all terrible, no other school would want them. smh

And you mark me as DRUNK? How many of our OL have been drafted very high in the last 8 years? How many since URBAN?

WAKE the FUCHS up...

And now we are going Run First. With a line that SUX at run blocking. I'm not saying all of them...BUT DeLance...Really...NO he's starting or at least #6.

THIS is the SEC not ACC or Big 12...It's a "Line of Scrimmage" Conference.

On top of that...Where is the lightning that URBAN had? We had players that were faster than most Olympic Track Teams.

BUT I'm DRUNK...the Non-Drinker

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
And you mark me as DRUNK? How many of our OL have been drafted very high in the last 8 years? How many since URBAN?

WAKE the FUCHS up...

And now we are going Run First. With a line that SUX at run blocking. I'm not say all of them...BUT DeLance...Really...NO he's starting or at least #6.

On top of that...Where is the lightning that URBAN had? We had players that were faster than most Olympic Track Teams.

lol - you don't think a player gets better from his freshman year to his soph year? From his soph year to his junior year? etc? Braun flipped to us from UGA - they tend to recruit good OLs. White has transformed into a mammoth kid w a ton of potential. Reese & Delance are veterans, who presumably got themselves in better shape this year. Gouraige is good, period, and is a year older/stronger. And Eguakun gives us a reliable 6th.

Tim Tebow didn't even start as a freshman. But sure, our OL will never, ever, ever get better. I hate Hevesy as much as anyone on this board. But he's working w/ essentially the same OL minus Forsythe. So I'm going to presume they'll be a little bit better. And WTF does 'how many our our OL have been drafted very high the last 8 years?" have to do w/ 2021? (Jawan Taylor btw is your answer). Yes, you're f*cking drunk acting like a whiny little b*tch on a message board. The only one on here allowed to act like you are is Law, we know he's going to b*tch (even if we're 12-0) and we all know he's drunk.

Brooks

Jul 1, 2021

WAKE the FUCHS up...

And now we are going Run First. With a line that SUX at run blocking. I'm not say all of them...BUT DeLance...Really...NO he's starting or at least #6.

Our offensive lineman don't get drafted highly. But they get much better and they get paid in the NFL. There's a bunch of good examples out there. The problem is not talent. Its that Hevesy can't coach em up.
* I think you have a problem with your all caps button sticking*

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Nola...love ya, but you are like a stuck record right now. Allow the bump BMF is trying to give you so you get back on track instead of stuck on the scratch. And remember, if you complain about a rating you get the rating...thems the rules.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
lol - you don't think a player gets better from his freshman year to his soph year? From his soph year to his junior year? etc? Braun flipped to us from UGA - they tend to recruit good OLs. White has transformed into a mammoth kid w a ton of potential. Reese & Delance are veterans, who presumably got themselves in better shape this year. Gouraige is good, period, and is a year older/stronger. And Eguakun gives us a reliable 6th.

Tim Tebow didn't even start as a freshman. But sure, our OL will never, ever, ever get better. I hate Hevesy as much as anyone on this board. But he's working w/ essentially the same OL minus Forsythe. So I'm going to presume they'll be a little bit better. And WTF does 'how many our our OL have been drafted very high the last 8 years?" have to do w/ 2021? (Jawan Taylor btw is your answer). Yes, you're f*cking drunk acting like a whiny little b*tch on a message board. The only one on here allowed to act like you are is Law, we know he's going to b*tch (even if we're 12-0) and we all know he's drunk.

YES players tend to get better. I am saying DeLance maybe STARTING...Enough said.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Yawn......enjoy your temper tantrum. I'm done.

What the FUCHS? Tantrum? I'll put my money where my mouth is. You want to make a wager on this OL?

NO Mullen is done...Oh wait...He's got an extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.