UF making a full time switch to the Jordan brand?

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Just read where multiple recruits have mentioned this after recent visits. If this happens it will be a huge plus for us on the trail and we need it! #ChompChomp

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I thought we were already Nike

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We've in the PK Invitatonal next November, we are. That poor speech MJ gave at UNC was funny...the ceiling is the roof? WTF? 23 put it on shirts though and made more $$$....

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We've in the PK Invitatonal next November, we are. That poor speech MJ gave at UNC was funny...the ceiling is the roof? WTF? 23 put it on shirts though and made more $$$....

:facepalm:

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think it's called the Jump Man line and it's part of Nike. The attire the players wore for the bowl game was branded Jump Man, minus the jerseys. Same clothes, same brand, different logo. No biggie.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Jeter wore Jumpman cleats during his playing days. It transcends basketball and is highly regarded by athletes of all sports.

I don't mind this at all, especially if it helps recruiting even in the slightest.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I know some might say (and they'd probably be right) that the younger kids will approve of this and that it will help recruiting.

1. It's a pitty that changing the logo (even though it's the same freakin' company's stuff) would affect a decision like this.
2. It has been said, but still... it's dumb to have a basketball player on other types of uniforms.
3. Why do we desire to worship idols like this? If I have big-time potential, I wouldn't want to exalt him, I'd want to replicate or surpass his accomplishments. Why would I want to contribute to his legend and coffers? At least let me build my own.
4. While he's not the worst, there are so many more deserving idols. I lament that he was the first king of celebrity endorsement / branding and seems to not be losing any steam.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I know some might say (and they'd probably be right) that the younger kids will approve of this and that it will help recruiting.

1. It's a pitty that changing the logo (even though it's the same freakin' company's stuff) would affect a decision like this.
2. It has been said, but still... it's dumb to have a basketball player on other types of uniforms.
3. Why do we desire to worship idols like this? If I have big-time potential, I wouldn't want to exalt him, I'd want to replicate or surpass his accomplishments. Why would I want to contribute to his legend and coffers? At least let me build my own.
4. While he's not the worst, there are so many more deserving idols. I lament that he was the first king of celebrity endorsement / branding and seems to not be losing any steam.

Can't disagree with anything said. Unfortunately, the kid's brains don't work like this...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.