UF/Michigan: Outcome and score predictions

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I might feel better about this one if it were later in the season, but playing UM right out of the gate?

As much as I like where we're headed, too many question marks at this point.

I think we lose a close one: 24 - 20.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see how our offense will be any better if franks and zaire are struggling to beat out del Rio.

I don't agree with you very often, but in this case I agree 100%. The fact that Zaire nor Franks can beat out LDR worries me greatly.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't agree with you very often, but in this case I agree 100%. The fact that Zaire nor Franks can beat out LDR worries me greatly.
Not to mention our best playmaker is suspended.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not to mention our best playmaker is suspended.

That worries me a whole lot less than the fact that nobody can beat out LDR. We could have a WR group of all NFL players and it wouldn't make a difference with LDR throwing to them.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I am hesitant to make a prediction as many are. Judging by last year, knowing Mac and Nuss playstyle, our usual rusty first game, and LDR I feel safe making a few predictions. I don't know much about the Mich team but Harbaugh is highly regarded, dare I say a better coach?

Ldr is good for 2 turnovers. Well probably see >4 3 and outs. Plenty of missed tackles. We should get at least 2 FG's and 1TD for a total of 13. Michigan uses this game as a scrimmage rotating players to gain experience.

My pumper side says that everything this team has done for the last two years is different and more improved and we win 31-10.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
If LDR is the starter, which would be abosolutely insane, we cant score 20. They will try and make him beat them down field and unless he had a rowengardner done to his shoulder there is not way he can throw past 40 yds in the air

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
27-16 UM. Recruiting is on the rise, but the current team is not.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This would be so much easier if I knew who was chucking the ball to our receivers who should be able to stretch and bolt down the field...
in an effort to chum some Game 1 Spirit-

30 - 24 Gators

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
28-9, we'll score 3 long field goals, Michigan will put together 2 short drive set up by turnovers and 2 long ones.

We won't reach the red zone.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
W/Franks at QB, we start slow but end first half with lead 13-10... franks settles in starting second half and eventually looks like he is making progress. Gators 27- meat chicken 17 :thumbup:

Last edited:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
No one circles the wagons like Jim McElwain and University of Florida Gatorzzzzz!

~Chris Berman

Mgnihilo

Founding Member
South Carolina Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Putting my pumper pants on and say 32 - 20 Good Guys. (IF LDR holds the clipboard the whole game)

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gators remind the country why they are 2 time division champions and Meatchicken is 2 time ... third place in their own division.

41-17 Good guys. Backups allow a gimme touchdown late in the 4th to make it as close as it is.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Its going to look like the last two times we've played Bama and FSU. Close 1st quarter, glimmer of hope, then some bonehead plays by our offense gets them rolling. D plays well for 3 quarters but then fades at the end when its obvious that our offense can't shift out of reverse. A couple late scores by meetchicken and the final score isn't close. Please please let me be wrong, I will eat the biggest crow I can find if so.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Gators remind the country why they are 2 time division champions and Meatchicken is 2 time ... third place in their own division.

41-17 Good guys. Backups allow a gimme touchdown late in the 4th to make it as close as it is.

Haha. The SEC East shall be feared.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

SEC East? Uhhhh...we played them after we won the division and they were third or whatever...and they shellacked us. Good call!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Boston definitely likes to drink a little.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
If it was just about talent, Gators win hands down. It wouldn't even be that close. They have some really good players in spots. But we're loaded at certain position groups. We should blow them out. But you factor in coaching and Mac and Nuss vs Anybody is a W for the Wolverines. Also consider the fact that McElwain didn't have the team ready in a home game opener last year. And he seems like he can't get them up for big games like Fsu or the sec championship game.
My heart says 31-28 Gators but my brain is telling me something like a 31-17 Wolverines W. It may be a lot worse with Del Rio too.
I also want to say that I believe in Franks. That would give me some hope. For a little bit at least. If he's the starter. Hopefully he looks good and proves he's the missing link.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator