Recruiting UF offers 3-star LB

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This kid has 24 offers (including Alabama, Auburn, Michigan, and Ole Miss). He's a 3-star, but you have to think that will bump up w/ that offer list (right?). The one thing that bothers me is he's from Alabama. I'd love to get another HS kid from Alabama, but I'd rather see us concentrate more on our own state.

http://gatorbytes.blog.palmbeachpos...-florida-trip-its-the-best-visit-ive-been-on/

GAINESVILLE — K.J. Britt has taken four visits thus far in his recruitment, all of which have been to SEC schools.

His most recent trip to Florida stood out above the rest.

“It’s the best visit I’ve been on,” said the three-star linebacker, who traveled to UF last weekend. “I was fired up about the whole trip. The coaches took their time out with me. They showed me and my family around and just catered to us.

“Florida is a special place, so any time you can go six, seven hours away and still feel like you’re at home, it’s awesome.”

Britt, a 6-foot-1, 230-pounder from Oxford, Ala., had previously visited Alabama, Auburn and Tennessee. His interaction with Gators coach Jim McElwain was the highlight of his time in Gainesville.

“Coach McElwain took me in his office and he talked to me and my family about life,” Britt said. “Then he included that I had an offer from Florida. It was a great feeling.

“Getting an offer from a head coach is different from anybody else. He told me I fit into their program mentally and athletically and he wants me to be a Gator.”

Britt also enjoyed watching UF linebackers coach Randy Shannon at practice. He followed him around during position drills and even jokingly asked if he could jump in for one rep.

“I’d love to get coached by him,” Britt said. “He has such high prestige. Just his track record at Miami, coaching legend after legend, it’s impressive.”

Britt currently holds 24 offers and named Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Michigan, Ole Miss and Tennessee as his favorites. He plans to reveal a leader soon, but is in no rush to make a decision.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I agree. We waste time and effort on Alabama guys that ultimately dream of playing for Bama.
They string us along for months while they wait for either an offer from Bama or a quote for payments to their family and then they are gone.

Own Florida and we will be back on Top. Let Bama own Alabama

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I agree. We waste time and effort on Alabama guys that ultimately dream of playing for Bama.
They string us along for months while they wait for either an offer from Bama or a quote for payments to their family and then they are gone.

Own Florida and we will be back on Top. Let Bama own Alabama

We just got like 3 players from Bama this last cycle, including the best back in the state. I do agree with owning FL, we are due to get back on top

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well the kid did say that this was his best visit so far and he's already been to Bama and Auburn. So to me that's good news. We desperately need LB's in this class. I have no problem if one is from Bama's backyard.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This kid is in the same class as my oldest. I'll be seeing a lot of him Friday nights this fall.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
This guy is a high 3. He'll be a 4 by signing day.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
We just got like 3 players from Bama this last cycle, including the best back in the state. I do agree with owning FL, we are due to get back on top

I don't think anyone is saying we don't want this kid, just pointing out the difficulty in pulling one that Bama wants (see the 5-star LB who favored us throughout the entire recruiting process last cycle: Wilson). We hadn't signed a HS player from the state of Alabama in more than 15 years....so that was an outlier. I'm glad we got those three kids and hope they all contribute. But we only signed 4 of the top 60 players from our own state. If we had made more effort on our own state would we have signed more than 4 of the top 60? I think so.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think anyone is saying we don't want this kid, just pointing out the difficulty in pulling one that Bama wants (see the 5-star LB who favored us throughout the entire recruiting process last cycle: Wilson). We hadn't signed a HS player from the state of Alabama in more than 15 years....so that was an outlier. I'm glad we got those three kids and hope they all contribute. But we only signed 4 of the top 60 players from our own state. If we had made more effort on our own state would we have signed more than 4 of the top 60? I think so.

Wilson was trolling all along, that's been stated many times. I agree we need to focus on FL, but I don't have an issue with targeting players from Alabama either. Mac showed he can pull in guys from Bama so let's keep doing what we're are doing.

The relationships weren't there last year as much as they are this year, so I think we will see a big difference with the FL recruits we pull in.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The top 3 LB's in state are at IMG, so we can forget them

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

BOOM! Not sure how anyone can even argue with this. Until we do better here we will continue to be FSU's bitch.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What about the vetting on what visiting recruits claim ? What a slick scam, for a visiting athlete
to say: "My favorite offers are Alabama, UT, Ole Miss, Ohio State etc". when none of those have
offered. Then he goes around collecting new offers with a mix of lies plus scammed offers ?
Do we really contact the school to verify offers? Do the "scoop-happy" press writers verify with
the actual schools?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We get the best three stars. The best. Trust me. You'll see. Our three stars are great. The greatest. Great line. Great linebackers. And Mexico will pay for it. Trust me. The best.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
BMF said:
(see the 5-star LB who favored us throughout the entire recruiting process last cycle: Wilson
':britney:

You, uhmmmmmmmmmmmmm, dont really believe he favored us do you?

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
The only reason he's interested in us right now is because he knows as a 3 star he'll ride the pine at Bama. He'd start for us.

Last edited:

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We get the best three stars. The best. Trust me. You'll see. Our three stars are great. The greatest. Great line. Great linebackers. And Mexico will pay for it. Trust me. The best.

Yep, he's garbage because he's a 3 star... It's not like a school like Alabama offered him!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.