Recruiting UF offers 3-star LB

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
So we don't offer, don't pursue and he inevitably makes 4 star. Just imagine the wailing. Can't win.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Criticized when they don't sign linebackers, criticized when they do recruit more linebackers.

Kinda glad I'm not a coach.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Criticized when they don't sign linebackers, criticized when they do recruit more linebackers.

If you can take a little heat it's a pretty good gig. Turns out you don't even have to know what your doing and you can still get jobs and a lot of money.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Too short too long too fat too skinny too slow not enough stars didnt play enough didnt have enough offers coaches cant recruit and dont know talent and will never start.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yep, he's garbage because he's a 3 star... It's not like a school like Alabama offered him!
Again.... you know the difference between "offer" (which means nothing basically) and committable offer, right?

I guarantee you no low 3 star LB has a committable offer from Alabama. If he gets one, it will be two weeks before signing day when they think they have no other option.

Vosean Joseph was a great example. He desperately wanted to go to Bammer, and he had an "offer". He was quite vocal that he'd commit in a minute if they would give him a commitable offer, but he never received one.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

AT SOME POINT, WHEN YOU ARE THE UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA YOU OUGHT TO BE ABLE TO GET FIRST OR AT LEAST SECOND DIBS ON THE PLAYERS IN FLORIDA, INSTEAD OF FIGHTING FIU AND UCF FOR SCRAPS AFTER BAMMER, BARN, UGLY, CORNDOB, CLEMPSUN, CLOWN TECH, CRACKUMBUS STATE, AND MEETCHICKAN GET THE THEIR FILL OF THE TOP PLAYERS.

It's as simple as that. You can deal with reality or live in your little fantasy land that we are getting all the really good, overlooked three stars in the southeast.... after all the other kids who go to the top schools turn us down.

Last edited:

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
AT SOME POINT, WHEN YOU ARE THE UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA YOU OUGHT TO BE ABLE TO GET FIRST OR AT LEAST SECOND DIBS ON THE PLAYERS IN FLORIDA, INSTEAD OF FIGHTING FIU AND UCF FOR SCRAPS AFTER BAMMER, BARN, UGLY, CORNDOB, CLEMPSUN, CLOWN TECH, CRACKUMBUS STATE, AND MEETCHICKAN GET THE THEIR FILL OF THE TOP PLAYERS.

It's as simple as that. You can deal with reality or live in your little fantasy land that we are getting all the really good, overlooked three stars in the southeast.... after all the other kids who go to the top schools turn us down.

Eat a snickers. I'm keen to find out if you turn into someone else. According to TV, you will.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

62548588.jpg

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

My eyes!!! My eyes!!! :cry2:

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
Law does have a valid point. UF should be able to get its' fair share of top talent in a talent-rich state.

That said, McElwain did much better than expected in turning around a team and culture - until Grier sh!t the bed.

Hopefully he'll have a good chance this year to lead FL high school top talent to Gville.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Generally I would say this is a make or break year in recruiting for Mac. With a smaller class in '17, the average stars need to be in the top five. I'm not worried about the overall ranking, but a good star average should put us in the top ten easily. However, part of me says why worry about class rankings if the product on the field continues to improve? There are several teams competing at the highest level that haven't been pulling in highest of recruiting rankings...

Clemson - average class rank in the last four years 14
Oklahoma - average class rank in the last four years 14.25
Oregon - average class ranking in the last four years 17.5
Mighigan State - average rank in the last four years 29.25
Baylor - average class rank in the last four years 29
TCU - average class rank in the last four years 36.75

Florida's four average is 9.25

Class rankings aren't everything. If we are in the top 10, we should be able do well with proper development.....as long as we bring in the right guys. Player evaluation is the most important part of this process.

*Average of four years is from Rivals, ESPN and Scout rankings over last four classes ('12-'15). This did not include the '16 class as they have yet to see the field.

Last edited:

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
Generally I would say this is a make or break year for recruiting for Mac. With a smaller class in '17, the average stars need to be in the top five. I'm not worried about the overall ranking, but a good star average should put us in the top ten easily. However, part me says why worry about class rankings if the product on the field continues to improve? There several teams competing at the highest level that haven't been pulling in high recruiting rankings...

Class rankings aren't everything. If we are in the top 10, we should be able do well with proper development.....as long as we bring in the right guys. Player evaluation is the most important part of this process.

*Average of four years is from Rivals, ESPN and Scout rankings over last four classes ('12-'15). This did not include the '16 class as they have yet to see the field.

Hmmmmmm...can't wait for naysayers to refute this post lol. Nice info

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Generally I would say this is a make or break year in recruiting for Mac. With a smaller class in '17, the average stars need to be in the top five. I'm not worried about the overall ranking, but a good star average should put us in the top ten easily. However, part of me says why worry about class rankings if the product on the field continues to improve? There are several teams competing at the highest level that haven't been pulling in highest of recruiting rankings...

I noticed none if those teams you listed play in the SEC.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

We don't play those teams. Look up the rankings of the SEC and F$U. I think you will find it illuminating.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hmmmmmm...can't wait for naysayers to refute this post lol. Nice info
Yeah, if you think recruiting like Kintucky or USC Chimpcocks is the path to SEC and NCs, then you havent been paying attention.

I guess you are hoping we become a middle tier Big 12 school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator