UF Pro Day

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You forgot that he also lost a money from his antics on and off the field as well as his butterfingers.

He was already at a deficit, possible mid to late round pick going into the offseason... since then he has lost more money. I can't see a team taking more than a 7th round pick on the guy at this point.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Hard to believe an OL can only do 9 reps. (If he knew that going in, why the heck would he even lift at all, and get that "on the record" for every NFL team to ponder?) Seems more likely he has an injury, or is recovering from one.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
That's why I always said, "Bless his heart..."

He's played his last game.

But let's give the guy his due. He was a nobody in HS, got into college, and dominated at his level. He moved up to UF, started in the SEC, played on national television, was part of an SEC East winning team.

That's living the dream.

And we're damn lucky we had him last year. For all his shortcomings, bless his heart, he was better than his back-ups.

Didn't embarrass us off the field, never got arrested or anything, he helped us win games and I wish him nothing but the best in his future endeavors.

But I hope we're never, ever, that desperate again.

Alex.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hard to believe an OL can only do 9 reps. (If he knew that going in, why the heck would he even lift at all, and get that "on the record" for every NFL team to ponder?) Seems more likely he has an injury, or is recovering from one.

Agree completely. Why even make the attempt? Not all the players attempted the bench press. He could have simply said "I strained my shoulder last week and don't want to risk further injury".... Instead...he's a laughing stock!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
That's why I always said, "Bless his heart..."

He's played his last game.

But let's give the guy his due. He was a nobody in HS, got into college, and dominated at his level. He moved up to UF, started in the SEC, played on national television, was part of an SEC East winning team.

That's living the dream.

And we're damn lucky we had him last year. For all his shortcomings, bless his heart, he was better than his back-ups.

Didn't embarrass us off the field, never got arrested or anything, he helped us win games and I wish him nothing but the best in his future endeavors.

But I hope we're never, ever, that desperate again.

Alex.

Agree...but as a "Graduate Transfer" it's pretty sad when you're academically ineligible to play in the bowl game (because of sh*tty grades).

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I am just browsing the list of names going thru UF's pro day and it occurs to me that probably only 2 of the names are worthy of being drafted on the first 2 days of the draft: Bullard and Hargreaves. The others who are worthy of being drafted have obvious weaknesses on the field that are easy to see. But then it looks like there are a lot of names past and present that could not even play college ball: Clay Burton, Gorman, Pittman, Showers, Halter, Harrell, etc. etc. etc. But guess that is why the quality of play the last 2-3 years has been below average. When many if not most of your pro day attendees could barely play or were awful in college ball, it says a lot.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
5.0 is OL range. :rotfl: No wonder he can't cover for shyt and was often out of position in the run game. Maybe he was making the right reads but was just too damn slow to get there.

Big heart and I wish him well but I thing he is a very poor man's Jon Bostic. I don't think he plays much or at all in the NFL.

Say what you want about Halter but he was our second best tackle and third best guard last year. That says it all. That had to have been the worst OL in major college football history.

I suspect he may have been hurt at pro day and I know Tripp Thurman could barely move his right shoulder all year.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I suspect he may have been hurt at pro day and I know Tripp Thurman could barely move his right shoulder all year.[/QUOTE]

Yet they were playing. That's why I worry about the O-line for the coming season.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I am no big dude by any means (5'10" 220 lbs), but 9 reps that is pathetic! My workout right now consists of 10 reps if 225, 8 reps of 245. 8 reps 275, and 6 reps of 315. And before you ask I am way too small to play OL.
I hear ya. Before my shoulders became near useless I used to hit the gym frequently but always felt I was a little weak for my size(6'3"210 at the time) on the bench. Still I could easily do multiple sets of 10-12 reps with 225. This guy must have forgotten how to get to the weight room during his 5 years of college.....

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Say what you want about Halter but he was our second best tackle and third best guard last year. That says it all. That had to have been the worst OL in major college football history.
:exactly:

This is why I get so irritated when everyone acts like Treon was the only thing between us and a national championship. OL was by far the worst position group on the team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.