UF QB Situation

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
So this Grier guy, who in what? 7-8 prior character-forming years out-competed every year 3-4 other QB athletes trying to be the team starter. Then in high school he did the same and even went further to beat all QBs in his State Division in all the history of Virginia H.S. football. So, IMO Grier never would have the thought "guarantee". He could have seen an unearned positive regard for the person LDR, and felt that even after serving his suspension, Mac would continue to "begrudge" Grier's highly publicized "PED cheating". IMO Grier was worried that he could outperform LDR but not get his 'startership' back. From Mac's non-involvement in fighting for Grier and his stark comments to Grier's vulnerability of actually just asking, if he outperformed others (what he was used to doing all his life) would he win the starting QB position? Mac did not fight for Grier, something any HC would do to keep a QB Mac knew would beat out his LDR favorite. Grier was no longer wanted here, so he was treated coldly enough to make the much more career and socially disruptive move to West Virginia. Yes, Grier brought his suspension on himself, but being a begrudged persona told Grier "a fresh start elsewhere might not be the worst thing for you" = that's an HC turning his back on a worried Grier. Mac's statement solidly implies that Grier's staying at UF is the worst thing for him. I see that as baffling.
A major problem I see is this: Mac, the head coach, having come up through the coaching ranks some twenty-odd years, is being dictated to by a 19- or 20-year old quarterback who can't even stay on the field because of his PED use. I don't think a head coach could tolerate that and still retain his authority within the team. Assuming that is an accurate description of what transpired, I like the way Mac handled that situation. We could have used that quarterback on the field, but we sure as hell don't need his prima donna crap in the locker room. That would have been toxic, and unacceptable. I wish Grier the best, but given that exchange with Mac, I'm glad he's gone.

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So this Grier guy, who in what? 7-8 prior character-forming years out-competed every year 3-4 other QB athletes trying to be the team starter. Then in high school he did the same and even went further to beat all QBs in his State Division in all the history of Virginia H.S. football. So, IMO Grier never would have the thought "guarantee". He could have seen an unearned positive regard for the person LDR, and felt that even after serving his suspension, Mac would continue to "begrudge" Grier's highly publicized "PED cheating". IMO Grier was worried that he could outperform LDR but not get his 'startership' back. From Mac's non-involvement in fighting for Grier and his stark comments to Grier's vulnerability of actually just asking, if he outperformed others (what he was used to doing all his life) would he win the starting QB position? Mac did not fight for Grier, something any HC would do to keep a QB Mac knew would beat out his LDR favorite. Grier was no longer wanted here, so he was treated coldly enough to make the much more career and socially disruptive move to West Virginia. Yes, Grier brought his suspension on himself, but being a begrudged persona told Grier "a fresh start elsewhere might not be the worst thing for you" = that's an HC turning his back on a worried Grier. Mac's statement solidly implies that Grier's staying at UF is the worst thing for him. I see that as baffling.

From what I understand, McElwain, Nuss, and Foley were quite active in the attempt to reduce Grier's suspension to be just the conclusion of the 2015 season. The problems I have with the clips/quotes that we are getting from both sides is that there is no context, nothing about what is said before or after the comments. We are only getting the tone and story from the two sides they want us to hear after the NCAA ruled they were not going to reduce the suspension.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Who gives a fvkk? Grier is long gone and is never coming back. Done deal, bye bye forgotten. See ya wouldnt wanna be ya. Adios amigos.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Who gives a fvkk? Grier is long gone and is never coming back. Done deal, bye bye forgotten. See ya wouldnt wanna be ya. Adios amigos.
Says the guy who drops no less than half a dozen post anytime the topic comes up.....It is still relevant because it is one of three cases of very bad judgment regarding QB's from the QB McGuru himself. First he thought WG and TH were neck and neck. Then he ran WG off when the suspension was upheld because he thought Noodles was better than WG and last but not least he played Noodles over AA which we all saw was a HUUGGGE blunder of judgment since it was obvious AA played better than Noodles.....The guy wouldn't know a good QB if one hit him over the head.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Says the guy who drops no less than half a dozen post anytime the topic comes up.....It is still relevant because it is one of three cases of very bad judgment regarding QB's from the QB McGuru himself. First he thought WG and TH were neck and neck. Then he ran WG off when the suspension was upheld because he thought Noodles was better than WG and last but not least he played Noodles over AA which we all saw was a HUUGGGE blunder of judgment since it was obvious AA played better than Noodles.....The guy wouldn't know a good QB if one hit him over the head.

:shutmouth:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

I post to prove your an idiot that wont shut his mouth.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Hows that working out for ya.....Btw personal attacks are a violation of the terms of use..:peabody:l

Ok Mr forum police man. Ox or a mod is free to ban me at anytime. And its going pretty good, many are tired of hearing the Grier nonsense.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Ok Mr forum police man. Ox or a mod is free to ban me at anytime. And its going pretty good, many are tired of hearing the Grier nonsense.
:wobble:It's rather simple then. Tell "your masses" not to bring the topic up and........I won't be able to respond with my opinion(fact)....I believe I've said this at least 3 times before. If it causes you so much grief, then I would think you would prefer not to join in the thread but like everytime before you jump in and then complain about the topic :cry:. In case you haven't noticed there are hundreds of other threads on this forum....

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
:wobble:It's rather simple then. Tell "your masses" not to bring the topic up and........I won't be able to respond with my opinion(fact)....I believe I've said this at least 3 times before. If it causes you so much grief, then I would think you would prefer not to join in the thread but like everytime before you jump in and then complain about the topic :cry:. In case you haven't noticed there are hundreds of other threads on this forum....

So your saying you dont need me to help show how dumb these post are?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

See, here's where you're losing track of reality. This thread is titled "UF QB situation". Will Grier, is NOT a UF QB, therefore he has nothing to do with this thread. Your obsession with Will Grier is worrisome. He moved on. We moved on. You really should too. He's NOT a UF QB, therefore doesn't belong in a UF QB discussion any longer. Sometimes I think you get confused which message board you're on. The VT sports message board probably isn't outlined in Orange and Blue. That may help you keep track of where you are in the future. You're welcome.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
See, here's where you're losing track of reality. This thread is titled "UF QB situation". Will Grier, is NOT a UF QB, therefore he has nothing to do with this thread. Your obsession with Will Grier is worrisome. He moved on. We moved on. You really should too. He's NOT a UF QB, therefore doesn't belong in a UF QB discussion any longer. Sometimes I think you get confused which message board you're on. The VT sports message board probably isn't outlined in Orange and Blue. That may help you keep track of where you are in the future. You're welcome.
Wouldn't matter if it was WG or Roger Staubach....The HC is part of the "UF QB situation" which by the way is influenced by what happened in the past, present and future... The UF QB situation is bleak because of that fact....I'm not the only one bringing WG up in every other thread either, btw. But like a lot of times around here it's all fun and games until someone gets their panties in a wad about the truth.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wouldn't matter if it was WG or Roger Staubach....The HC is part of the "UF QB situation" which by the way is influenced by what happened in the past, present and future... The UF QB situation is bleak because of that fact....I'm not the only one bringing WG up in every other thread either, btw. But like a lot of times around here it's all fun and games until someone gets their panties in a wad about the truth.

We're just sick of hearing you cry about coach Mac kicking the greatest QB to ever live off the team. He gone. Time to move on.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Actually you are the one who brings him up everytime you get a chance. Most everyone else is responding to you continually bring it up. We get that you liked Will Grier. Hell you seem to like all the Griers including the one that was on Dancing with the Stars. But stop other people for conversations you continually bring up.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
We're just sick of hearing you cry about coach Mac kicking the greatest QB to ever live off the team. He gone. Time to move on.
Crying about Grier is not even close to what I'm doing ....Voicing an opinion about the HC's poor decision making regarding the QB position is my point....Again I'm FAR from the only one talking about Grier...or the situation.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Actually you are the one who brings him up everytime you get a chance. Most everyone else is responding to you continually bring it up. We get that you liked Will Grier. Hell you seem to like all the Griers including the one that was on Dancing with the Stars. But stop other people for conversations you continually bring up.
This from the guy who usually starts the statistical debates.....Doesn't help me understand Butters poor decision making in the least...

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This from the guy who usually starts the statistical debates.....Doesn't help me understand Butters poor decision making in the least...

At least I'm using data and facts. I know you don't like those either. I just answer the nonsense you put out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator