UF QB Situation

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I've never started talk about Grier. But I do post-out when I here this illogic of asserting as fact the unfounded-in-fact rumor that either Grier asked for a guarantee that he'd be inserted as first-string starter as soon as his suspension ended. This competitive kid & competitive Dad have lifetime beliefs in all-out on the field beating competitors for the job. No way the idea of demanding an HC to guarantee Will be placed automatically as starter. You think W.Grier's observations of LDR in operation, that he couldn't see the noodle arm that we all have seen. Grier fearing competition from LDR is fallacy. That's all my clear-thinking on that.

Now what an HC's philosophy on a player taking PEDs but most important point, not asking coaching staff, sneaking it by that staff ... well that "character" blame could be team "infection" enough for Mac to want him gone. We have been surprised before at Mac's absolutism in contaminations of team dedication (= sideline reaction to Kelvin Taylor's throat slash gesture.) I'm not saying Mac's final stance was wrong. Just aligning myself with the idea of not having a "punished & cleared" Grier demanding a guarantee that he'd be chosen over LDR? That is just a "hater-sputum" that could corroborate W. Grier's thinking that he was begrudged a comeback.? IMO that's more logical.

PS> I expect a 6'6" Franks to be more valuable as starting QB than Grier. Can't wait to enjoy "watching
Feilipe grow." We need a song by Bobby Goldsboro.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Says the guy who drops no less than half a dozen post anytime the topic comes up.....It is still relevant because it is one of three cases of very bad judgment regarding QB's from the QB McGuru himself. First he thought WG and TH were neck and neck. Then he ran WG off when the suspension was upheld because he thought Noodles was better than WG and last but not least he played Noodles over AA which we all saw was a HUUGGGE blunder of judgment since it was obvious AA played better than Noodles.....The guy wouldn't know a good QB if one hit him over the head.

Well apparently you take things he says as being the absolute truth rather than coach speak which I do. And of course I bet you think you can identify a good QB, and I sure can as well. Getting them to come and perform is the issue, not identifying them.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
http://www.smokingmusket.com/2017/2...ng-game-date-time-tickets-how-to-watch-listen

West Virginia University has announced that the 2017 Annual Gold-Blue Spring Game will be held on April 15, 2017 at 1:00PM EST at Milan Puskar Stadium in Morgantown.

The Gold-Blue Spring Game may give Mountaineer fans their first look at Florida Gators transfer, and heir apparent to the quarterback throne, Will Grier. While Grier’s status is still uncertain, and likely won’t be definite until July 1st when the NCAA has said they would make their ruling on his case, the West Virginia coaching staff are confident that Grier will be available to start the 2017 season against Virginia Tech at FedEx Field in Washington, D.C.
-------------------------------------

Crete just wait and rub it in to us after the debut of Grier at WV. :D

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
http://www.smokingmusket.com/2017/2...ng-game-date-time-tickets-how-to-watch-listen

West Virginia University has announced that the 2017 Annual Gold-Blue Spring Game will be held on April 15, 2017 at 1:00PM EST at Milan Puskar Stadium in Morgantown.

The Gold-Blue Spring Game may give Mountaineer fans their first look at Florida Gators transfer, and heir apparent to the quarterback throne, Will Grier. While Grier’s status is still uncertain, and likely won’t be definite until July 1st when the NCAA has said they would make their ruling on his case, the West Virginia coaching staff are confident that Grier will be available to start the 2017 season against Virginia Tech at FedEx Field in Washington, D.C.

I seem to remember us being confident that we could get it reduced as well, perhaps my memory is faulty if so I am sure someone will correct it. I also seem to remember several individuals working to get this done and him apologizing for doing something so stupid as well.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I would hope so, they do attempt for a lot of passes.
QB under Holgorsen:
2016 - Skyler Howard 3328 yards, 61.1% 26/10, Chris Chugunov 40% 15 0/1
2015 - Skyler Howard 3145 54.8 26/14 in 2015. William Crest 44% 125 0/1
2014 - Clint Trickett 3285 67.1% 18/10, Skyler Howard 829 50.9% 8/0, William Crest 7 75%
2013 - Clint Trickett 1605 52.8% 7/7, Paul Millard 1122 55% 6/6, Ford Childress 421 57.1% 3/3
2012 - Geno Smith 4205 71.2% 42/6
2011 - Geno Smith 4385 65.8% 31/7

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I seem to remember us being confident that we could get it reduced as well, perhaps my memory is faulty if so I am sure someone will correct it. I also seem to remember several individuals working to get this done and him apologizing for doing something so stupid as well.

We attempted to get it reduced to be only the 2015 season, it was denied.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
We attempted to get it reduced to be only the 2015 season, it was denied.

Thanks for the conformation, I usually put a disclaimer so that others can not annoy me by proving me wrong when I insisted. I sure hope he has to serve all of it, including his year for transferring.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Crete just wait and rub it in to us after the debut of Grier at WV.
I could careless if he has a lackluster career and or even struggles to find a starting position....That's never been my point. My point is McNeuheisels inability to IDENTIFY, RECRUIT AND INSERT a true D1 quality QB into our system.....Grier was the closest thing I've seen around these parts in the last 7 years....

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Well apparently you take things he says as being the absolute truth rather than coach speak which I do. And of course I bet you think you can identify a good QB, and I sure can as well. Getting them to come and perform is the issue, not identifying them.
I'm not paid over 3 million a year to identify good QB's.....Who have you seen perform to Griers slightly better than average ability or numbers since our highly paid QB Guru has been in town? If I'm left with average or awful as an option I'm smart enough to chose average though.....

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I could careless if he has a lackluster career and or even struggles to find a starting position....That's never been my point. My point is McNeuheisels inability to IDENTIFY, RECRUIT AND INSERT a true D1 quality QB into our system.....Grier was the closest thing I've seen around these parts in the last 7 years....

Well if its the same this year people will agree but Grier is not an option is how I look at it.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
No, he didnt rub it in, he drank it.
Sorry you feel so hurt about Mac being wrong....not 1 time, not 2 times, but at least 3 times with the most important position on the team since he's been here.... You can get over it or as I said before or choose another thread that doesn't prove your idol wrong with everyone of my post....My guess is since you really don't contribute much to any thread you'll stay tuned into this one with your weak ass insults.....Fire away because it is going to be one long offseason ahead...

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Well if its the same this year people will agree but Grier is not an option is how I look at it.
Neither was LDR last year because we all saw AA was clearly better....so I guess we wait until McGenius runs this thing into the ground with his piss poor decision making.....

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Anybody have a gif of Steve Martin in "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" when he's running around the room banging a spoon and pot together? That's the mental picture I have at the moment.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Sorry you feel so hurt about Mac being wrong....not 1 time, not 2 times, but at least 3 times with the most important position on the team since he's been here.... You can get over it or as I said before or choose another thread that doesn't prove your idol wrong with everyone of my post....My guess is since you really don't contribute much to any thread you'll stay tuned into this one with your weak ass insults.....Fire away because it is going to be one long offseason ahead...

This would be a decent come back if it were true. Im not on the Mac train and never have been. I think he has done some good things outside of coaching but by no means do I trust Mac. He still has to prove to me he can win the hard ones. I dont think Nuss is the answer either. So, you might want to check yourself once again because your wrong once again. What you need to learn is making up scenarios to fit your narrative doesnt make it true.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
2019 Qb depth chart:

LDR
Zaire
Toney
Franks
Trask
Allen

I think Zaire will pass LDR by midseason and Allen will grab 5th string midseason also.

If we dont get Zaire, then the depth chart is probably Franks second instead.

Last edited:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
2019 Qb depth chart:

LDR
Zaire
Toney
Franks
Trask
Allen

I think Zaire will pass LDR by midseason and Allen will grab 5th string midseason also.
The only way anyone passes LDR is after he has a limb fall off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.