UF team stats through week 4

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Ah...leave it to Omar to start a thread putting our team in a negative light. Couldn’t just post it in one of the other 500 threads? Nope...gotta start it’s own thread. Well guess what, I can fix that...

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Some of these stats aren’t correct. For example, we’re averaging 41 points per game.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Some of these stats aren’t correct. For example, we’re averaging 41 points per game.

tenor.gif

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The good: 86th is an improvement!

The bad: This is the easiest 4 game stretch of the year.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The good: 86th is an improvement!

The bad: This is the easiest 4 game stretch of the year.

I won't debate the last point. But I do think we've become so wired to think negatively that we forget that, in theory, a team could and should improve(which we've already seen to an extent). As we gain confidence, I'm not sure we can't end the year looking a lot better than we started.

I'll also add this. While Franks will certainly see better defenses than he did Saturday night, I'm not sure he'll face a tougher overall environment than a night game in Neyland, celebrating the '98 team. We've never doubted the physical side with him. It's always been mental, which was a signature reason used by those that picked against us last week. Considering the noise of the crowd, his getting sacked on the opening possession, and the fact that 2 of his TD's were plays where he was forced to scramble, I think there's a lot to build off of there and an indication that he's growing as a QB.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I won't debate the last point. But I do think we've become so wired to think negatively that we forget that, in theory, a team could and should improve(which we've already seen to an extent). As we gain confidence, I'm not sure we can't end the year looking a lot better than we started.

I'll also add this. While Franks will certainly see better defenses than he did Saturday night, I'm not sure he'll face a tougher overall environment than a night game in Neyland, celebrating the '98 team. We've never doubted the physical side with him. It's always been mental, which was a signature reason used by those that picked against us last week. Considering the noise of the crowd, his getting sacked on the opening possession, and the fact that 2 of his TD's were plays where he was forced to scramble, I think there's a lot to build off of there and an indication that he's growing as a QB.

It was more in jest and the O has looked better. I'm just not sold on CS, Tenn and CSU. Those teams are the dregs. If we show improvement vs the better teams I'll be the first to recognize it.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
One of the things I truly dislike about college football. There's nothing wrong with Morris' spread-em out system. Just as there's nothing inherently wrong with the ground-em/pound-em, slow, down hill running football that the previous coach employed. But there's absolutely something wrong with attempting to rewrite the genetic code of a program, completely dismantling what's currently there, and insisting on doing a total 180 in football style. Just in recent years, we've seen RichRod try it at Michigan, WM at UF, and now Morris at Arkansas. It makes zero sense, puts fans, current players, and the entire program through hell, and generally has a failure rate of nearly 100%.

Most programs have certain characteristics, typically dictated by geography, culture and historical preferences. Bring in a coach that can harness that and build upon it, not burn it to the ground in a rushed attempt to build something foreign. Why otherwise intelligent people who have power and influence at their Universities continue to experiment like this is beyond me.

Arkansas is staring at years of disaster, when they--and Morris--could've had success just accepting reality and choosing different paths.
Or put more simply Morris like champ is a terrible coach.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Borrowed from another board, here's some stats so far (from: https://www.teamrankings.com/ncf/team-stats/ )

-Florida is currently ranked #86 in total offense at 362.7 ypg

-Florida is currently #129 out of 130 for plays/game at 56.3 plays/game. Stanford sits at #130

-Florida is currently #4 in TO margin at +2.3

-Florida is currently #2 in takeaways/game at 3.7

-Florida is currently #25 in points/game at 37.0 points/game

-Florida is currently #27 in points given up/game at 19.3 points/game

-Florida is currently #2/Tied #1 in opponents scoring in the red zone at 0.0

-Florida is currently #56 in total defense at 376.7 yards given up/game

-Florida is currently #81 in rushing yards given up/game at 177.3 rushing yards/game

-Florida is currently #44 in passing yards given up/game at 199.3 passing yards/game

-Florida is currently #108 in flags/game at 8.0/game

-Florida is currently #101 in penalty yards/game at 69.0 yards/game

-Florida is currently tied with 5 teams at #1 for 4th down conversion percentage at 100%

-Florida is currently #8 in points/play at 0.657 points/play

-Florida is currently #11 in rush yards/attempt at 6.0 yards/carry
I would have killed for us to have had some of those stats at this point during any of MacElstain's seasons.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
I wouldn't get too caught up in our current national rankings statistically as we have played the weakest teams on our schedule. Tougher teams upcoming.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ah...leave it to Omar to start a thread putting our team in a negative light. Couldn’t just post it in one of the other 500 threads? Nope...gotta start it’s own thread. Well guess what, I can fix that...
Watching the Willy Tagelwain Show has him in a bad mood lately.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I would have killed for us to have had some of those stats at this point during any of MacElstain's seasons.
I think we were pretty solid in least number of offensive plays then also.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
-Florida is currently ranked #86 in total offense at 362.7 ypg
-Florida is currently #129 out of 130 for plays/game at 56.3 plays/game. Stanford sits at #130
-Florida is currently #8 in points/play at 0.657 points/play

Sounds like we've been getting a lot of short fields and scoring fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator