UF/Tenn Statistical Matchup

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The point is, it doesn't matter how crappy the team is. Great defense is great defense. With the exception of maybe 5 or 6 plays all year when the secondary fell asleep from boredom because of who we were playing, there hasn't been a single weak moment from this defense, and FAR more exceptional moments. Remember Tabor intercepting a quick screen? That literally could have been any of the 12 teams on our schedule, and the same play is made every time. Who we're playing has nothing to do with it when we have talent and instincts like that.

Add that to the fact that Tennessee has faced defenses who look like high school teams compared to ours and looked like absolute trash trying to score on them. Dobbs won't be able to throw on us, we already know that from last year and from what we've seen this year. Clean up the poor tackling from last year (Davis and Anzalone are superb tacklers, and I've scarcely seen a missed tackle this year), don't fall for the inevitable trick plays, and that's a wrap. Not to mention their OL will be pushing against the brick wall that is our DL. I've seen nothing schematically or talent wise that would make me believe otherwise.
One thing that I would add to this is actually 2 of our OFFENSIVE stats....One being that were 3rd in 3rd down conversions and 10th in TOP. People will laugh at the TOP stat and I agree that it is slightly overrated but it does cut down on the amount of reps taken by our defense which reduces the chance of injuries. The 3rd down conversion percentage is also crucial to keeping the defense fresh and rested going into the 3rd and 4th quarters.
The reason I bring this up is both of these stats are a reflection of quality QB play so far by Del Rio. Will we be able to do this without him on Saturday, on the road, and against our toughest opponent to this point? I sure hope so but I also wish some people on here would give LDR the credit he deserves instead of complaining about a couple of missed passes....Get well soon Luke is all I'm saying.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
One aspect of our defense that worries me is over-running plays due to early adrenaline. Remember the UMass TD run by their QB? A couple of players overran a potential tackle. Also, several plays the DEs gave up the edge in their eagerness to rush the QB. Even a few of these mistakes could result in a Tennessee score early on. They need to have disciplined aggression from the start.

G8RATL

Master of My Domain
Aug 14, 2015
Rushing Defense

1. Houston, 38.3

2. Florida, 42.3

T-71. Tennessee, 152.7

This is the biggest stat that leaps out at me. Ternacee giving up all those yards to the powderpuffs they've played? With our RB rotation, they are in for it. TJ Appleby's might not have to do much on Saturday for a Gator win.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I don't care how bad the teams we play our. Our D has been lights out up to this point and if it was so easy to do then half the power 5 teams should have the same stats playing a similar schedule. Holding any team to 53 yards is impressive. Does that translate to them playing that way Saturday, who knows, but it can't be dismissed like many seem to think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator