UF ticket promotions on Living Social

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How about they start scheduling real teams. Diehards will go against whoever, but if you really want to sell out, you aren't going to do that when you aren't winning games, and scheduling cupcakes.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Complain when we don't sell out. Complain when we try to sell tickets. :lol:

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Well...at least we weren't the only school that did it:

Earlier this summer, Groupon offered a package bundling tickets to Florida State's 2015 games against Texas State and Chattanooga with a Bobby Bowden-autographed photo, discounting all the items at least marginally — but that was through secondary ticket broker Official Fan Package, and that deal was a spectacular failure :nole:, with Groupon's page suggesting only one such package was purchased.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If Foley wants to sell tickets, the product on the field HAS to improve. the last five years have been brutal to watch.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Once we're exciting winning on the field, we can be the first to sell tickets on Amazon. :bananarope:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The product on the field has something to do with it. But we've also become a pretty fair weather fan base. We can label it "entitled" or "spoiled", but the reality is we just don't have the passion that was once there. Even during the prime years, much of the attendance, and demand on tickets, came from bandwaggoners who went to UF games because it was fashionable and/or they loved Tebow. It was pretty obvious at the 2010 opener when there were hundreds of Tebow(Broncos) jerseys being worn by those in attendance. Again, no question we have been awful to watch. But so were much of the 80's when I was a kid, and it was never like this. I literally had to give 4 Missouri tix away last year, and the lady who took them told me she wasn't going(she wanted to stay at the tailgate) but she might see if someone else wanted to go. No one ever used the seats.

Our fans today generally are content being sidewalk/t-shirt fans. Throw in technological advances and the comforts they bring, combined with the increase of foreign students who've never cared about football, and you've got what we see. But everyone is dealing with those things to a degree. We're just seeing it worse than others and that's a pretty obvious indictment of the fanbase.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's been hard to watch us on tv muchless sit in all that traffic

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
t-gator;n266296 said:
It's been hard to watch us on tv muchless sit in all that traffic

It's Gainesville traffic. And it's always been a little congested on gameday. That never stopped fans before, even during the lean years.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;266252 said:
Complain when we don't sell out. Complain when we try to sell tickets. :lol:

It just further illustrates how far he brought down our program. That we have to start resorting to gimmicks.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n266345 said:
It just further illustrates how far he brought down our program. That we have to start resorting to gimmicks.

I realize that. I was just messing with ya.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This will probably be an issue moving forward with the way tv has changed the game.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n266286 said:
The product on the field has something to do with it. But we've also become a pretty fair weather fan base. We can label it "entitled" or "spoiled", but the reality is we just don't have the passion that was once there. Even during the prime years, much of the attendance, and demand on tickets, came from bandwaggoners who went to UF games because it was fashionable and/or they loved Tebow. It was pretty obvious at the 2010 opener when there were hundreds of Tebow(Broncos) jerseys being worn by those in attendance. Again, no question we have been awful to watch. But so were much of the 80's when I was a kid, and it was never like this. I literally had to give 4 Missouri tix away last year, and the lady who took them told me she wasn't going(she wanted to stay at the tailgate) but she might see if someone else wanted to go. No one ever used the seats.

Our fans today generally are content being sidewalk/t-shirt fans. Throw in technological advances and the comforts they bring, combined with the increase of foreign students who've never cared about football, and you've got what we see. But everyone is dealing with those things to a degree. We're just seeing it worse than others and that's a pretty obvious indictment of the fanbase.

All those things are true, but I wonder if we feel it more with UF, because of our passion for UF in particular. A lot of schools are having the same issues. Attendance nation wide for home games was at the lowest in 14 years in 2014, and have declined nation wide since the peak in 2008. Saying all the Florida is only one of 4 teams in the SEC to decrease (UK, USCe, and Vandy). Also is the 4th straight year Florida been under 90,000 people on average. Florida was 11th national, and being the first time outside the top 10. Two of the teams that moved above Florida recently expanded their stadiums above BHG capacity (LSU & T A&M). Nine of the top 10 schools have stadiums with higher capacity of BHG. Just some food for thought.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbgator;n266545 said:
ECU and FAU will at least bring people. New Mexico State won't.

New Mexico State will be cause it is the start of a new era. The first game usually does better than the second, when opponents are roughly equal.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm driving 10 hours to see the beginning of the Mac era, and I'm excited to go. We will see if I'm as excited at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.