UF ticket promotions on Living Social

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Even if we were winning the title every year I'd go maybe once a year. It's just too easy to stay home and enjoy. When my boy gets bigger I'll take him some.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
TheDouglas78;n266591 said:
All those things are true, but I wonder if we feel it more with UF, because of our passion for UF in particular. A lot of schools are having the same issues. Attendance nation wide for home games was at the lowest in 14 years in 2014, and have declined nation wide since the peak in 2008. Saying all the Florida is only one of 4 teams in the SEC to decrease (UK, USCe, and Vandy). Also is the 4th straight year Florida been under 90,000 people on average. Florida was 11th national, and being the first time outside the top 10. Two of the teams that moved above Florida recently expanded their stadiums above BHG capacity (LSU & T A&M). Nine of the top 10 schools have stadiums with higher capacity of BHG. Just some food for thought.

But that's kind of my point. Despite being better than UF over the past 5 years, neither of those teams have been great, title winning programs. A&M for example, has averaged 4.2 losses a year over the past 5 seasons. We're at 5.2. And yet they are actively looking to increase their capacity, while our attendance is dropping. As I said in my original post, every program has been hurt by the technology changes, and every program will have their lean years with attendance bearing the hit. But we've been trending this way for a while and haven't really been any worse than the Aggies over the past 5 seasons. And to take it a step further, if you take that time frame back an additional 5 years, we're 10 times the program they are. So we at least have that not-too-distant memory of being great, and watching HUGE wins in the Swamp. Outside of Manziel's flash in the plan in 2012, they'd have to go back to the '90s to even find themselves in the discussion of national relevance. To me, their showing up to games in droves indicates greater passion than what I've seen from much of our fanbase.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n266741 said:
But that's kind of my point. Despite being better than UF over the past 5 years, neither of those teams have been great, title winning programs. A&M for example, has averaged 4.2 losses a year over the past 5 seasons. We're at 5.2. And yet they are actively looking to increase their capacity, while our attendance is dropping. As I said in my original post, every program has been hurt by the technology changes, and every program will have their lean years with attendance bearing the hit. But we've been trending this way for a while and haven't really been any worse than the Aggies over the past 5 seasons. And to take it a step further, if you take that time frame back an additional 5 years, we're 10 times the program they are. So we at least have that not-too-distant memory of being great, and watching HUGE wins in the Swamp. Outside of Manziel's flash in the plan in 2012, they'd have to go back to the '90s to even find themselves in the discussion of national relevance. To me, their showing up to games in droves indicates greater passion than what I've seen from much of our fanbase.

Ever stop to think about the excitement of joining the SEC and getting out from under UT's shadow? Not to mention they've probably sold out out their allotment of visiting tickets, as most SEC fan bases would want to travel there for the first time in their lives. Throw in a new HC with an exciting offense and you have the perfect storm.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm certainly hoping that this new staff can bring exciting and competitive football back to the Swamp. I don't think I've experienced many games in the past 5-6 years in which the electricity in the stands makes the stadium feel like it's taken on a life of its own. I thinking if the new students experience that more they'll get hooked and not want to miss a game.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n266741 said:
A&M's 4 losses were probably more exciting than our wins. Winning cures some but you also have to take into account that over the last 4 years we have played the most boring brand of football imaginable. There was 0 excitement at all anytime our offense took the field and most of the people were waiting for the next awful thing to happen...muschamp just sucked the joy out of Gator football.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n266749 said:
I'm certainly hoping that this new staff can bring exciting and competitive football back to the Swamp. I don't think I've experienced many games in the past 5-6 years in which the electricity in the stands makes the stadium feel like it's taken on a life of its own. I thinking if the new students experience that more they'll get hooked and not want to miss a game.

This, this, and this. My aforementioned daughter who is a new freshman and UF football fanatic saw her first game in the Swamp in 2007 - FSU. That was the game that solidified the Heisman for TT, and the energy was incredible. It was like crack....she was addicted from that day on.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
-THE DUDE-;n266759 said:
A&M's 4 losses were probably more exciting than our wins. Winning cures some but you also have to take into account that over the last 4 years we have played the most boring brand of football imaginable. There was 0 excitement at all anytime our offense took the field and most of the people were waiting for the next awful thing to happen...muschamp just sucked the joy out of Gator football.

Zero argument there. It just feels like it was already drifting that direction before WM, and he only furthered the problem. Hopefully the new staff can get some electricity going again as Divits said.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
BNAG8R;n266606 said:
I'm driving 10 hours to see the beginning of the Mac era, and I'm excited to go. We will see if I'm as excited at the end.

I assume you've got tickets? (Not like they're hard to come by these days) I should be up there, but then again...you only tailgated with us about 30 seconds the last time.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n267036 said:
I assume you've got tickets? (Not like they're hard to come by these days) I should be up there, but then again...you only tailgated with us about 30 seconds the last time.

I am going to more than double that time this game! Don't have tix, I figured I'd get them there. I hear you get a free bowl of soup with every ticket.

Same spot?

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
BNAG8R;n267052 said:
I am going to more than double that time this game! Don't have tix, I figured I'd get them there. I hear you get a free bowl of soup with every ticket.

Same spot?

Actually no...we're usually over by the law school now. Much easier and we tag along with some family friends that get the same spot every week. But friends are always welcome. I've got some tickets if needed, just let me know. :swampqueen:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
PatDooleySucks;n267059 said:
It'll bring me. I want to be there for history.

I know you're probably exaggerating, but the fact that it's a new staff should be all that is needed for fans to show up and sell out BHG. I was as disgruntled as anyone with the previous regime. But this is a new era, and hopefully the beginning of a return to glory. Zero excuses for us not showing for the opener.

Dec 10, 2014
soflagator;n267072 said:
I know you're probably exaggerating,

I didn't phrase my post well. I'm going no matter what. You shouldn't need a living social deal to witness history. I wasn't there for Spurrier or Muschamp's first game. I was for Zook (although not thrilled with the hire) and definitely was for Meyer's. This is a historic event. I think Mac will be very successful here. I'm in from the beginning. People should be killing for these tickets.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n267148 said:
This is a historic event. I think Mac will be very successful here. I'm in from the beginning. People should be killing for these tickets.

I wish more people around these parts had your optimism.:whistle:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.