UF to pare down O-line candidates, begin cross-training

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I find it promising that 2 weeks ago he was looking for 8 guys that will be ready to contribute, but according to this article he thinks he could have 9 or 10.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ivey will probably get to start at Tackle once the season starts. I wouldn't be surprised if they move Halter to guard like the article suggests.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Things are looking good. The Gators are on their way back from chump's attempted destruction.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Good indication that maybe some things are getting better with the OL. Appears as if Mac gets it and will with Sommers he'll be able to coach them up.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB;n261724 said:
I find it promising that 2 weeks ago he was looking for 8 guys that will be ready to contribute, but according to this article he thinks he could have 9 or 10.
I think McCoy and F. Jones have been dark horse surprises, and probably Buchanan as well, given what they say about his football IQ. I even heard Desir-Jones was doing well. Add 2 of those guys to the already known freshmen that will get PT (Jordan and Ivey) and you get to 9 or 10 guys. Let's just hope we don't to rely on the 8, 9 & 10 guys too much when it really matters.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n261792 said:
Things are looking good. The Gators are on their way back from chump's attempted destruction.
Attempted? He was well on the way to total destruction when he was given that extra year. But gators have been around for eons and there isn't a dawg on the planet capable of taking down a bull gator.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
From Robbie Andreu : http://www.gatorsports.com/article/2...50819795?tc=cr

Probable depth chart
Left tackle
75-Mason Halter
73-Martez Ivey
53-Kavaris Harkless

Left guard
63-Trip Thurman
52-Travaris Dorsey
67-Brandon Sandifer

Center
54-Cameron Dillard
64-Tyler Jordan
59-T.J. McCoy

Right guard
51-Antonio Riles
77-Andrew Mike
66-Nick Buchanan
68-Richard Desir-Jones

Right tackle
78-David Sharp
74-Fred Johnson

I guess I'm a little shocked that Halter is holding down left tackle. However, he is an All American, a guy who has actually produced on the field rather than just being a dude with some recruiting stars by his name.

RG is still ugly. I won't be surprised to see Ivie, Jordan or McCoy there. Or Halter or Dillard there with someone else taking their LT or C position. Still hearing good things about both Jordan and McCoy.

I just hope we have the top five on the field, even if it means shuffling.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
As long as it isn't Cross-Fit...that is IMHO why we had all those injuries under Chump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.