Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Mizzou only got 6 first downs for the whole game and held UGA under 300 total yards and nearly beat them in Athens. We are going to curb stomp them....again.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Believe this is the one where they say you can throw the stats right out the window ? Two weeks for Mac to prepare
our fellows ... to stomp them. Go gators.

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Well, they have a bye too next week. Our running game is pathetic & they are not so bad on defense. So, I wouldn't be so quick to predict a blow out victory. Their losses have been to a pretty good Bama team and to UT who we barely beat. This will be a more competitive game than most are feeling on here. I think we will win but it may be close.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Agree. Unless we are blessed with a couple of special teams gifts I see this game probably going deep into the 4th quarter, and please Lord don't let it come down to a field goal kicking contest....We ran the ball straight down their throats last year with a veteran offensive line and we certainly don't have that luxury this year. One other factor that may hurt us is Treon has to be more conservative with running because of the QB situation. I hope I'm wrong but this as well as most of the remaining games will most likely be nail biters....

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
88drgator;n299799 said:
Our running game is pathetic.

We saw a quick scamper for 11 yards from Jordan Scarlett against LSU. I'm hoping that's the beginning of him taking off and getting more involved. He disappeared for the last 4 or 5 games but I read that he may have been recovering from a hamstring injury. Maybe he's the answer to our running game issues. Taylor has had a good year but Scarlett is widely thought to be that next-level homerun hitter. I thought coming in to the season that Scarlett may be the freshman impact player on offense that Callaway has been.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n299808 said:
Agree. Unless we are blessed with a couple of special teams gifts I see this game probably going deep into the 4th quarter, and please Lord don't let it come down to a field goal kicking contest....We ran the ball straight down their throats last year with a veteran offensive line and we certainly don't have that luxury this year. One other factor that may hurt us is Treon has to be more conservative with running because of the QB situation. I hope I'm wrong but this as well as most of the remaining games will most likely be nail biters....

It's a beautiful thing to be playing for the SEC east and a trip to Atlanta again. Nobody on their offense worries me, they lost everything when Chubb went down. Their defense is improved over last year, but so is our offense. I like our chances a lot, but agree that strange things can happen in this game.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Our secondary had a bad game against LSU, lost on several 50/50 plays. This will sit with them for two weeks and they will come out and play better against UGA.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I look at it like this, with Treon at QB no game is a sure thing. He just isn't very good. Add to that our o-line will get dominated again. It spells trouble. One problem we have in the run game is that our tight ends are useless in run blocking. I mean, they reach new levels of suckage. Luckily, we aren't going against Chubb. I still think we should win, but aren't blowing them out unless we get some turnovers.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We have the real possibility of shutting them out. But I dont think we'll score many offensive points either. I sure hope it doesnt come down to field goals.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n299815 said:
I look at it like this, with Treon at QB no game is a sure thing. He just isn't very good. Add to that our o-line will get dominated again. It spells trouble. One problem we have in the run game is that our tight ends are useless in run blocking. I mean, they reach new levels of suckage. Luckily, we aren't going against Chubb. I still think we should win, but aren't blowing them out unless we get some turnovers.

So, you aren't impressed with our offense?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Those stats are highly misleading. Their rushing totals are greatly inflated due to Chubb feasting on cupcakes. He's gone and so are the cupcakes.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The Original DC;n299813 said:
It's a beautiful thing to be playing for the SEC east and a trip to Atlanta again.
This sums it up in a nutshell...While we are amazed at our apparent turnaround, they will be very aware of what's at stake. If we win this game it's pretty much over for everyone in the east, however if they win it put's them in the drivers seat again. They're not going down without a fight.
As you pointed out in another post our secondary needs to take over this game early by putting them either 3 and out or getting an early takeaway that leads to points. I just don't think we can put this in the hands of the offense to win. We are surprisingly good in TOP because we have created a short passing game to pick up 1st downs. I think they sellout to stop this and we won't be able to rely on Harris to use his legs as much as normal to move the chains. We will need to go long and hopefully connect with Robinson, Callaway or Powell if we're left with long field position situations.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
MJMGator;n299820 said:

I'm actually very impressed. We had guys open all game long. I think Grier would have thrown for 400 yards. We are headed in the right direction. Treon is a guy that needs help. Hopefully our guys step up and give it to him. I'm just thrilled Turnstile Riles is benched. Now if only we can do something about Dillard.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
MJMGator;n299820 said:

I'm impressed that we've been able to do what we've done to this point, however Maheo is right about our TE's. There is a reason we've seen Joe Ivie and Brian Cox in the game in short yardage situations. I understand that Goolsby is only a 2nd year player but McGee has not been all that great blocking either. He was manhandled and thrown around by LSU LBer's on several occasions Saturday night.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Dobbs had 312 yards.......PASSING against them. Passing.

Let that sink in.

Passing.

This one won't be close. You give Mac 2 weeks to prepare this team and Harris, coming off a very emotional loss on the road, knowing that there's a very strong possibility that with a little help we clinch the east with a win over these guys? Blowout.

gator lester

Sep 13, 2015
I think freon will improve as he starts more games and gets more practice. Will improved in a similar way!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Hoping best for Treon for us, but Treon doesn't have the "outlook" Grier had. Treon's sight has to be more interrupted,
dominated by taller onrushers and their upraised arms -- it's his point of view that disturbs his downfield concentration.
Coach Mac has to scheme around that real handicap.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
jmskjrgator;299875 said:
We shouldn't recruit a QB under 6'1 or 6'2". You have to see the field.
Agree. I think it may be tough to get one in 2016 now that Treon is starting and Grier will return.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.