UF up to number 6...

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
...academically.

The announcement marks the fourth consecutive year UF rose in the rankings for public universities, advancing from No. 14 in 2017 to No. 6. During the same period, UF leapt from No. 50 to No. 30 on the U.S. News National Universities list, which includes both public and private institutions.

https://www.uff.ufl.edu/your-impact...ium=email&utm_campaign=gnn211&scid=0002522565

Does this now mean there will be even less participation in the East stands (if we get back to 'normal' ever again)?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The more surprising (to me, at least) is that UGA is at #15 and FSU is at #19. I knew UGA was solid academically (not great, but solid)...but FSU is a top 20 public college? Oooof!

I'm skeptical of all those California schools also.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
The more surprising (to me, at least) is that UGA is at #15 and FSU is at #19. I knew UGA was solid academically (not great, but solid)...but FSU is a top 20 public college? Oooof!

I'm skeptical of all those California schools also.

I didn't read that far into the rankings to know that. UGA has some good individual schools within the University (e.g. Journalism/Broadcasting) but overall - it's really just the 13th grade.
HalF asS U is really surprising.

I'm wonder if this list is like the "Who's Who..." list of high schoolers back in the day.
When basically parents could pay them for their kid to be on that list.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I didn't read that far into the rankings to know that. UGA has some good individual schools within the University (e.g. Journalism/Broadcasting) but overall - it's really just the 13th grade.
HalF asS U is really surprising.

I'm wonder if this list is like the "Who's Who..." list of high schoolers back in the day.
When basically parents could pay them for their kid to be on that list.
Because of how cheap UGA is for in-state kids (thanks to Hope and Zell Miller schollys which when combined make it tuition free) it has become extremely competitive to gain admission. As the top public school in the state, Ga Tech, only brings in about 4000 students a year, that's a lot of quality leftovers for UGA.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That is great if they think some employers looking for good students give extra credit for them being "public".

I wonder if this excludes the schools that have canceled the season.

back to the subject where's that football facility they promised us in 2015?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.