UF - USCe Predictions

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We’ve lost 15 of our last 17 on the road. Yeah. That’s insane. CBN is changing up their road schedule hoping that it influences how we are approaching road games.

We should lose this game. Everything is screaming to not take the bait -

BUT -

EWIII is finally healthy. Kam Waites is back and looks great. Our huge runs with Webb were when we had Boardingham, Pearsall, and EWIII on the field. If we can get Pearsall to stretch the field vertically, EWIII to stretch it horizontally, and Boardingham to sit in the middle in soft zones, I think it will open up the run game.

Call me a sucker.

UF 28
USCe 14

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
We’ve lost 15 of our last 17 on the road. Yeah. That’s insane. CBN is changing up their road schedule hoping that it influences how we are approaching road games.

We should lose this game. Everything is screaming to not take the bait -

BUT -

EWIII is finally healthy. Kam Waites is back and looks great. Our huge runs with Webb were when we had Boardingham, Pearsall, and EWIII on the field. If we can get Pearsall to stretch the field vertically, EWIII to stretch it horizontally, and Boardingham to sit in the middle in soft zones, I think it will open up the run game.

Call me a sucker.

UF 28
USCe 14
If, if, if.

I’m a sucker too; ditto on all the “if’s”

UF 33 Caulks 20

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t think we “should lose this game”. SC is a sh*tty team. I’m guessing something like 26-20 Gators

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
They're getting there early so they can play the Kentucky game a few times to them. That set the bar pretty low. They have to play better....don't they? I'll take us, too. Friggin' road woes have to end sometime.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Bad Santa Pain GIF by Sky

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
BUT -

giphy.gif

Lucius

Jan 25, 2023
USCe has a putrid rushing offense (87 YDS/game) but is quite good in the air (Top-15 passing offense).

The defense should be able to bend but not break for the most part, but a few big plays will give them drives as seen in past games.

With roles becoming more defined (Wilson, Boardingham), and players becoming healthier (Waites, Kingsley) hopefully the offense continues to develop positively.

Their defense gives up 29.4 PTS/game (96th nationally), so the offense should be able to sustain drives.

I expect at least one special teams blunder and one bad turnover (strip sack or interception thrown into multiple coverage) as par for the course.

30-20 UF-USCe

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Revenge game for USC so they come out firing on all cylinders. 24-13 Gators.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I'm terrible at picking games. The opposite always happens. I'm embracing this curse.

UF - 17
Teenie Weenies - 23

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well, @GatorJ it is hard not to take the bait. So I did some digging to try and rationalize my thinking.

If there was ever a time for the UF offense to really put on a show, this is it. Yes, I know a road game. But something has got to give. UF's offense ranks 58th Nationally vs. the Cock's #118th Total Defense. They are #126th against the pass, 76th against the rush respectively. This defense statistically may be the worst we'll see this year. Hopefully they will not get TOO CUTE on offense. Stick to what you are and do not let Jackson throw the ball. As you say RP, EW3, AB, and our running backs. Just improve and play a clean game. In additon to Waites, hopefully Eguakin will be back as well.

On O......The Cocks are:
Run Offense, #124, Pass Offense #14, Total Offense #62 going against the #16th Defense in UF and #11th against the pass. I feel this D will not let Rattler become all world as opposed to recent years. This one is easy as far as the game plan. Live up to the pass coverage and harass Pale face all day long.

Hopefully the staff has them up and ready to play even when getting smacked in the face. You're playing Little Beamer Weiner so you know that some type of trick plays are gonna be coming. The Cocks will be strokin' this game as one that can keep the boo birds off Beamer.

I just sense a different vibe and feeling about this game. But then again it could be explosive gas after the burritos tonight. In any case the road woes have got to end sometime. And at least in the numbers, it should be this one. Takin' the bait on this one!

Florida 31
Floppy Cocks 21

Last edited:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My Heart says we squeak out a win but my mind says.......... no way!

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Gators. Show some energy from the git-go; be alert for onside kicks, fake punts, field-goals, and extra points. Be gap sound and tackle well in space. Shock the world and bring home a road win!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator