UF vs. Miami - 2019 Opener

Jun 2, 2015
Just read on one of the Miami sites that we open with UF in 2019. Look forward to it, but really don't like to open the season with a tough team - would prefer a couple of cupcakes to ease into the season. I think it will be played in Orlando. The winner for the first game of the season will be the one who makes the least mistakes.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Can I be the first to say that this game helps Miami more than it does Florida?

Just win baby, win!

Feel the :chomp:

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Since it's being played in Orlando, at least a dozen of the Miami faithful should be in attendance.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Like the old days.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Would much rather play another Power 5 team from out of state.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
The old days that I remember are when we played Miami the last game of the season. We played FSU earlier in the season but the big season finale was the against Miami -- this was done every year from 1953 through 1979. That's 26 straight years. After '79 we continued to play Miami but it wasn't the last game of the season. The rivalry with Miami was as big as the rivalry with FSU.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
would prefer a couple of cupcakes to ease into the season.
You'd have a hard time finding as many cupcakes in the Publix bakery section as there are on Miami's regular season schedule.....Better to take you're beating early that way you'll be healthy when Duke rolls into town...

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Can I be the first to say that this game helps Miami more than it does Florida?

Just win baby, win!

Feel the :chomp:
IDK, I think we'd be chomping at the bit to erase the sting from last time we played them.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, at least 2 car loads coming over from Daytona. Good thing for Miami that the fans don't play the game!
Yeah, my first thought was that it could be a great turnout for Cane fans who live a little north - beats having to drive down south.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just read on one of the Miami sites that we open with UF in 2019. Look forward to it, but really don't like to open the season with a tough team - would prefer a couple of cupcakes to ease into the season. I think it will be played in Orlando. The winner for the first game of the season will be the one who makes the least mistakes.
My first thought is that we also prefer a couple of cupcakes to start our season. That is exactly why we agreed to this game…

Jun 2, 2015
You'd have a hard time finding as many cupcakes in the Publix bakery section as there are on Miami's regular season schedule.....Better to take you're beating early that way you'll be healthy when Duke rolls into town...

Speaking of cupcakes: Presbyterian, Vandy, N. Tx, Mass, Ky. It appears we all have our fair share.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Speaking of cupcakes: Presbyterian, Vandy, N. Tx, Mass, Ky. It appears we all have our fair share.

OK...I'll give you Presbyterian and The Mean Green... but we have to play Vandy and KY, no choice there.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Actually ... I hate to admit it but this is not that easy of a schedule:

UMSked.png

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
They get their two hardest games at home (FSU and UNC), and travel to Notre Dame. Other than that, I'm not that impressed.

Looking forward to this game if it truly is in Orlando.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
At one time this was a great rivalry, but it has always been more important to Miami than to UF. This game has lost its appeal over the years and does not excite me in the least. As someone above posted, I would rather see us play an out of state Power 5 team.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Boone will be rockin'. Great college atmosphere in that town.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They get their two hardest games at home (FSU and UNC), and travel to Notre Dame. Other than that, I'm not that impressed.

Looking forward to this game if it truly is in Orlando.
They are still working out the details, but it's more or less a done deal, and the game will be in Orlando.

As long as the coaches stay the same, it should make for a great game by then.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Our schedule is year-in-and-year-out one of the toughest SOS, and yet people say they'd rather play another P5 team out of state? I'm fine with our regular strength of schedule, and personally love matching up with MIA when we can. Moreso when we're in a good position to win it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator