UF's Football Facilities - Finally begins (on lacrosse)

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Fair enough. The bottom line is that the University will build whatever they have the money to build based on the priorities they establish. Like it or not, that is where we are. So, if you want to change it, pull out your checkbook and set the conditions.

We are hurting so bad for money that from 2016-2019 according Forbes we had a average net profit of $69 million (averaged $117 million in revenue) a year?

The problem isn't the amount, it's the poor financial and decision making by those in charge. If you have a section that gives you a Higher ROI, wouldn't you invest in that before the low to negative ROI parts. It's poor money management.

College Football’s Most Valuable Teams: Reigning Champion Clemson Tigers Claw Into Top 25

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
We are hurting so bad for money that from 2016-2019 according Forbes we had a average net profit of $69 million (averaged $117 million in revenue) a year?

The problem isn't the amount, it's the poor financial and decision making by those in charge. If you have a section that gives you a Higher ROI, wouldn't you invest in that before the low to negative ROI parts. It's poor money management.

College Football’s Most Valuable Teams: Reigning Champion Clemson Tigers Claw Into Top 25

I repeat ~ "Based on the priorities they establish" and "its a public university not a football franchise"

Sure, I would love to win a NC every year or every other year but since I have no money or political influence to effectuate that, I try my best to enjoy what I have. Sort of like; When I finally figured out that the sun was going to come up every morning whether I liked it or not, I determined to accept it because constantly crying about something I cannot change just makes me look like a little bitch.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I repeat ~ "Based on the priorities they establish" and "its a public university not a football franchise"

Sure, I would love to win a NC every year or every other year but since I have no money or political influence to effectuate that, I try my best to enjoy what I have. Sort of like; When I finally figured out that the sun was going to come up every morning whether I liked it or not, I determined to accept it because constantly crying about something I cannot change just makes me look like a little *****.

The UAA isn't part of the university it is a separate business onto itself. So it's an athletic business, not about public university (which is vastly different than how FSU runs their funding). So again, what is your argument... We are discussing a business whose sole purpose is the advancement of Gator Athletics. What you are saying, "I'm ok with my business investing in the low/no ROI investments before investing in ROI projects that will bring in more funding and advertising to allow more money to go to those other projects." No one is saying that it's not a decision being made, we are all arguing that those decisions make questionable logical sense.

But I enjoy your take that if we don't think like you we must be whiny bitch, it really comes off like you want to have a conversation, especially after your initial analysis didn't hold the water when facts were brought to the equation. And yes we did all notice you giving yourself an out for it not holding water, so repeating it again doesn't change the fact it's an out for a bad argument.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
The UAA isn't part of the university it is a separate business onto itself. So it's an athletic business, not about public university (which is vastly different than how FSU runs their funding). So again, what is your argument... We are discussing a business whose sole purpose is the advancement of Gator Athletics. What you are saying, "I'm ok with my business investing in the low/no ROI investments before investing in ROI projects that will bring in more funding and advertising to allow more money to go to those other projects." No one is saying that it's not a decision being made, we are all arguing that those decisions make questionable logical sense.

But I enjoy your take that if we don't think like you we must be whiny *****, it really comes off like you want to have a conversation, especially after your initial analysis didn't hold the water when facts were brought to the equation. And yes we did all notice you giving yourself an out for it not holding water, so repeating it again doesn't change the fact it's an out for a bad argument.

Spending priorities is not something I have any influence or control over and I am guessing that you don't either. Obsessing over something I do not control is a huge waste of my time and energy. Maybe there should be a permanent thread for those who continue to obsess over this no matter how pointless.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Spending priorities is not something I have any influence or control over and I am guessing that you don't either. Obsessing over something I do not control is a huge waste of my time and energy. Maybe there should be a permanent thread for those who continue to obsess over this no matter how pointless.
Football is something you don't have control over either. You don't get to recruit, choose depth chart or players or anything else. Hell, why watch?

Just wake up the next day, glance at the newspaper and say "Damn, lost to Uga again" and keep going.

Hell, why even join an internet board to talk about the subjects?

Why are you wasting your time here anyway?

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We built that in 2015 for $17M. Since then we’ve dropped $150M on basketball, softball and baseball and now still can’t commit to completing what’s needed for football. We just get another TBD. Absurd.

Professional sports franchise? Nobody is suggesting we spend like the NFL. The Rams just built a $5 Billion stadium. We’re just trying to find $65 million for the sport that funds the entire UAA. Didn’t seem to have any difficulty spending that same amount on basketball and baseball, but somehow we’re always broke when it come to football.

Try doing it the other way around.....It’s called milking your fan base and UAA are experts at it....Fck ‘em!

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
ezzp1axz42jz.jpg
Hallucinogens would explain a lot

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

And yet.....here you are posting over and over about how it doesn't affect you. How about you let people who it does affect post however the hell they want, and you stop telling people what they should and shouldn't obsess over....mmmkay?

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
And yet.....here you are posting over and over about how it doesn't affect you. How about you let people who it does affect post however the hell they want, and you stop telling people what they should and shouldn't obsess over....mmmkay?
Your aggressive tone offends me.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

I did not say it did not affect me. I said that I have no control over it and I am not going to get ulcers by worrying about what I cannot control.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I did not say it did not affect me. I said that I have no control over it and I am not going to get ulcers by worrying about what I cannot control.
so why are you reading the internet and posting about football stadium or football games that you have no control over?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

So your argument goes ton chitby now it's not something that is important to you as a stakeholder. Sounds kinda byrdmanish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator