UGA & Michigan to co-host satellite camp (WTF?)

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
After Harbaugh talked sh*t via twitter about Kirby Smart's comments on the IMG spring practices....the two schools will be co-hosting a satellite camp in Atlanta:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...work-a-satellite-camp-together-163840834.html

It wasn't long after the satellite camp ban was rescinded that Michigan and the SEC began to mend fences.

The Wolverines and Georgia will work a satellite camp together in Atlanta this June. Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh and his staff had originally planned to host a camp solo at Cedar Grove High School in Ellenwood, Georgia on June 2. However, that camp has been moved to Maynard H. Jackson High School in Atlanta. It will still be hosted by Cedar Grove High School.

Harbaugh and Georgia coach Kirby Smart have not always seen eye-to-eye when it comes to the Wolverines’ off-season travel schedule. Smart was vocal about Michigan's trip to IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida last month for spring football.

"You've gotta think about recruiting rules, how are they going to handle those, is it an advantage, disadvantage?" Smart said, according to DawgsNation.com.

Harbaugh responded via Twitter, but refused to call Smart by name.

This is one of many camps Michigan has planned for its offseason, but the first with an announced pairing with an SEC school. It will be interesting to see if other SEC schools follow suit because you know what they say, keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's about getting into FLORIDA not Georgia. Georgia will let everyone into Georgia in order to get into FLORIDA. It's all about FLORIDA and always has been.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's about getting into FLORIDA not Georgia. Georgia will let everyone into Georgia in order to get into FLORIDA. It's all about FLORIDA and always has been.
I completely agree. But don't you think that goegraphicly 2/3 of Florida athletes can can get there relatively easy?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I like Harbaugh's intensity when it comes to not getting out recruited just because he's half the country away from boatloads of talented players.....Maybe between these bold moves as well as kicking our asses in our own backyard on and off the field our coaches will be more motivated by it. ....BTW I sure hope Urbs left ESPN on good terms....

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
Exactly. Georgia would sell their soul if it hurts the good guys. ****ing dwags.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
WTF. Mac better get the bag men out.
No, UF is better than that. We don't have to cheat or play these silly games with recruiting. Ugly is doing it because they are getting desperate; they know that their only hope is to find a way to hurt our recruiting. But UF is, and always will be, a first-class university. Like SOS did in the 90's--we'll do it the right way. That is what made that 96 championship so satisfying; it was the good guys against the bad guys. We did it right. Now there is so much corruption in college football. I don't want to be a part of that. Being a Gator means more than that. Let's hope that coach Mac can get it done the right way. If not, then UF will always be a class organization and those values will eventually come into fruition. But above all, we will never reach such a low that we must compromise our integrity. What good is winning when you resort to being a low-class cheater?

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
Not sure who you are referring to as "being a low-class cheater" but the dwags have done much better than UF in recruiting of late.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
Not sure who you are referring to as "being a low-class cheater" but the dwags have done much better than UF in recruiting of late.
Case in point. They feel that they have nothing to lose and everything to gain. It's UF that needs to build momentum in recruiting right now.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No, UF is better than that. We don't have to cheat or play these silly games with recruiting. Ugly is doing it because they are getting desperate; they know that their only hope is to find a way to hurt our recruiting. But UF is, and always will be, a first-class university. Like SOS did in the 90's--we'll do it the right way. That is what made that 96 championship so satisfying; it was the good guys against the bad guys. We did it right. Now there is so much corruption in college football. I don't want to be a part of that. Being a Gator means more than that. Let's hope that coach Mac can get it done the right way. If not, then UF will always be a class organization and those values will eventually come into fruition. But above all, we will never reach such a low that we must compromise our integrity. What good is winning when you resort to being a low-class cheater?
I hear what you are saying and really feel the same way, but I truthfully think that if you, me, or any other Gator thinks we are "lilly white" in this regard, we are fooling ourselves. My personal feeling is that we likely aren't as adept or more frugal than other schools/rivals in this area. I don't particularly like the idea of this type of operation as necessary to compete, but it didn't just start and is, to me, part of the distasteful side of college football.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well Cover ... don't buy that since our guy got suspended because his neighbors had a
bake-sale to help him out. That's some meticulous detective spying.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Smart sounds about as bright as Muschamp... Why would he do this? Fight fire wth fire! Hold an opposing Uga camp in ATL instead of sharing one.. This would cut them off at their knees

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I hear what you are saying and really feel the same way, but I truthfully think that if you, me, or any other Gator thinks we are "lilly white" in this regard, we are fooling ourselves. My personal feeling is that we likely aren't as adept or more frugal than other schools/rivals in this area. I don't particularly like the idea of this type of operation as necessary to compete, but it didn't just start and is, to me, part of the distasteful side of college football.

C2, great post. I find it overly comical that some people think "Everyone else cheat's except us!" And their only reason for that is "because we're the Gators!" No other logical excuse.

Let's look at it: our last 2 coaches were Nick Saban assistants....they hired guys they had worked with under Nick Saban. Our fans constantly accuse Saban and his staff of cheating.....yet, all of a sudden, after we hire 2 Nick Saban assistants those same coaches now change their previous tactics? They think, "Oh, now I'm at Florida. I don't have to do what I did at Alabama to be successful."

It's so stupid...but you'll see post after post saying we're (as you say) "lilly white". No, we are doing the same sh*t everyone else is doing. Maybe to a different (or lesser) extent? Who knows? Anyone remember a guy named Joker Phillips?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Smart sounds about as bright as Muschamp...
This I don't doubt. As much credit as he was given for being a DC under Saban, one has to ask themselves......How hard is it to be a good DC or even a good defensive coach under Saban? Elite talent and he going to change your call if he wants anyway....**** Smart and **** UGA.....Their fans will be begging for Richt to come back by mid October.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
I'm not saying that we're "lilly white." I just don't think that we have to cheat to get back to the championship level. The Muschamp era and his inadequacies have brought this program to an all time low-- to the point where even the fans are lowering their standards.

What I am saying is that the UF athletic administration and boosters will not fall into that trap. Sure, the pressure is high but I would like to believe that great coaching will overcome it.

Look at what happened last season--before the whole Grier fiasco. Many on this board didn't give us a chance against ole miss. But somehow we were able to dominate that game. A lot of people had to eat crow.

Now let's say that coach Mac can find a serviceable QB. The O line is improving, and we have a spark in the running game. There shouldn't be too much of a drop off in defense. If we can give the recruits something to be excited about, then the classes will improve.

When you are trying to recruit these young men, now you have something to give them--something to go along with the fact that they are also getting a first-class education. That doesn't happen if you compromise the integrity of the university. And UF isn't getting away with anything. Let's face it, we're a target for negativity in the media. We would be the first to land on probation.

It's all about money. Bspn's love affair with fsu has everything to do with TV contracts. That has changed a bit with the advent of the SEC network but there is still their love affair with bama. No wonder they get away with so much shyt. But look at what happened to Miami. Think about it.

I'm not saying that they are all cheaters--I have no proof to back such a claim. But like cover2 replied: it happens and we're nieve to think that UF is "lilly white." But we're still better than them, and I don't see any reason why the "business" of college football should push us into that direction.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I believe UF's "honor code" partly explains why other "not so" schools are beating us in recruiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator