UGA & Michigan to co-host satellite camp (WTF?)

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'm not saying that we're "lilly white." I just don't think that we have to cheat to get back to the championship level. The Muschamp era and his inadequacies have brought this program to an all time low-- to the point where even the fans are lowering their standards.

What I am saying is that the UF athletic administration and boosters will not fall into that trap. Sure, the pressure is high but I would like to believe that great coaching will overcome it.

Look at what happened last season--before the whole Grier fiasco. Many on this board didn't give us a chance against ole miss. But somehow we were able to dominate that game. A lot of people had to eat crow.

Now let's say that coach Mac can find a serviceable QB. The O line is improving, and we have a spark in the running game. There shouldn't be too much of a drop off in defense. If we can give the recruits something to be excited about, then the classes will improve.

When you are trying to recruit these young men, now you have something to give them--something to go along with the fact that they are also getting a first-class education. That doesn't happen if you compromise the integrity of the university. And UF isn't getting away with anything. Let's face it, we're a target for negativity in the media. We would be the first to land on probation.

It's all about money. Bspn's love affair with fsu has everything to do with TV contracts. That has changed a bit with the advent of the SEC network but there is still their love affair with bama. No wonder they get away with so much shyt. But look at what happened to Miami. Think about it.

I'm not saying that they are all cheaters--I have no proof to back such a claim. But like cover2 replied: it happens and we're nieve to think that UF is "lilly white." But we're still better than them, and I don't see any reason why the "business" of college football should push us into that direction.

This is funny.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think our "High Admission Standards' hurt us more than anything.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well, laughter is the best medicine :lol:.

... which cues me for an original joke from one of my journals 20 years ago (these jokes will be
for GC eyes only) = " If laughter is the best medicine, then how come nobody wants to go to
a Doctor who's a joke?"

Anyway, fast moving Kirby Smart has just come out with his own line of Flea and Tick Shampoo.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
More on Satellite Camps:

With satellite camps legal again, Jim Harbaugh is going all-out. And I mean all-out.

Michigan’s staff is now scheduled to take part in 26 camps from June 2-25, before the June 27 dead period. The camps cover 15 different states. The staff is booked for multiple camps on the same day, so assistants will likely be split up.

Michigan spent about $212,000 for a handful of camps last summer. That number will go up by a whole lot.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Florida is one of 10 partners with Mercer University in a satellite football camp that will be held in June in Macon, Ga., according to a post by Mercer’s football program on Twitter.

The Mercer Elite camp will be held June 3-4. Three other SEC schools also are partners in the camp — Auburn, Georgia and South Carolina.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Florida is one of 10 partners with Mercer University in a satellite football camp that will be held in June in Macon, Ga., according to a post by Mercer’s football program on Twitter.

The Mercer Elite camp will be held June 3-4. Three other SEC schools also are partners in the camp — Auburn, Georgia and South Carolina.

Strikes me as a combined effort to give some help to Mercer's program. More recruit-worthy areas available
(Miami, Hawaii [Samoans?] ), and Fun & Sun for "expatriots" involved. Any comparable basketball camps ...
like at U. of Sudan (Maasai tribe) etc. ??

I await the configuring of a drone that projects the Gator Logo on one of Harbaugh's camp-fields.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Strikes me as a combined effort to give some help to Mercer's program. More recruit-worthy areas available
(Miami, Hawaii [Samoans?] ), and Fun & Sun for "expatriots" involved. Any comparable basketball camps ...
like at U. of Sudan (Maasai tribe) etc. ??

I await the configuring of a drone that projects the Gator Logo on one of Harbaugh's camp-fields.

This is very common. These smaller schools - located in recruiting hotbeds - are using their facilities to host a camp w/ the bigger schools getting the benefit of simply being in attendance to get face to face time w/ recruits that live within a reasonable drive of that camp. Old Dominion, in Norfolk, is hosting several of these camps and UF is one of the schools attending (Tidewater is a huge recruiting area, and now that Coach Gray is on staff he already has relationships w/ a lot of these kids and local HS's). Macon is in the middle of the state of Georgia and is an easy drive or down I-95 for a lot of these kids to get to. Great location for a camp.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Harbaugh is a freaking genius.
cm-46114-350ff3d788e5dc.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.