Founding Member
Mr. Dumas
BasicGratefulBlackrussianterrier-size_restricted.gif

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I think Trump should start tweeting for Mullen, it could only get better!

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
Honestly I wish he had said this last week verse LSU than what was the reported (paraphrased) “even if we lose (to Lsu) we will still get into the playoffs” I have never once heard a coach put forth the possibility of losing heading into a game.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A friend of mine suggested CDM is suffering bipolar or mental effects from the ‘rona. He may have a point...

Since Mullen loves giving excuses, he might claim that one day.

Doubt the comments will make a lick of difference. My guess is the Bama locker room laughed when they heard it. They've watched our film.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
You know, I’m starting to think you are really onto something here. There’s nothing to gain by saying something like this.....and plenty to lose.

Maybe he wanted this job until he realized that the pressure is a lot higher here than MSU

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
You know, I’m starting to think you are really onto something here. There’s nothing to gain by saying something like this.....and plenty to lose.
I think its his lack of awareness and immaturity that's driving this. He's so unserious and lackadaisical about everything. I think in his mind, he thinks he can make these type comments off the cuff and its no big deal, just like he can talk about losing a game before its played, or showing up to a presser in a darth vader costume. He's not a serious person and a bit of a clown. Doesn't realize the gravity of the situation or the weight of his words or actions. He's not CEO material and not serious enough for this job. I think this is reflected in everything - game prep (or lack thereof), poor recruiting, more vaca's and time off for the staff than any other P5 staff, unwillingness to make hard decisions like culling the herd, etc.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Context is everything.....he said “ we’ll think about the playoffs Saturday night after we win”, i.e.; e.g.; we won’t have to think about it after we don’t win........Simple!....:lol:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Jeebus, are you serious with this?
Of course he should prepare his team with the expectation of winning. Not that we will, but that is the only defensible attitude.
The problem with last week was that neither in preparation nor in game coaching did he have a winning attitude.
For the last several weeks you have been "Oh we couldn't possibly lose to UT or LSU or UK. How did that work out? Now you are we can't possibly win. Yes we could. Not likely, but we could.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Context is everything.....he said “ we’ll think about the playoffs Saturday night after we win”, i.e.; e.g.; we won’t have to think about it after we don’t win........Simple!....:lol:

Think there is some truth to that. We'll cross that bridge when we get there is what he's essentially saying. Basically any hypothetical playoff talk is irrelevant if we lose, so why even get into it. If there was any hint that he was calling for a win, I'm quite certain there would've been follow-ups from every reporter in the room(see "pack the Swamp" debacle). The fact that they didn't tells me it wasn't said in such a way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.