Update on the Mike Locksley situation

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
That would be a yes.

You can ask any of the dozen or so people on this board who know me personally, including my wife, if I'm lying.
I will ask again specifically what 13 years. You coached at what position, what conference or perhaps school, and with what success. Not that you really need to answer, it really does not matter.

Better yet answer my question in a previous post if you care to try.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Hmm, looks like Sas is getting his hair pulled out by the roots :)

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Hmm, looks like Sas is getting his hair pulled out by the roots :)

Not by me, I usually don't bother responding to him, somehow I got way too emotional about it. Perhaps I need another vacation from posting.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Do we all get to count Pop Warner or just you?
Two years of youth league, two years of middle school, four years of high school, five years of college. I know that's more fingers than you have, but I promise it's 13.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Not by me, I usually don't bother responding to him, somehow I got way too emotional about it. Perhaps I need another vacation from posting.

You're cool Chief, I'm just playing around because most of the pseudo barbs between you and NV sounded mostly 'all in good sportsmanship' but holding serve. Everybody's take needs a little trimming now and then... two sides of the same coin for the Gators of late. The discourse had it's valid points with an entertaining flavor. Carry-on my friend. ;)

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
As much as I give him shyt, Sas playing in college is quite impressive.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think with Sas' background in FB he'd be an upgrade if we had him as OC.

:popcorn:

I think a lot of people that have been around the game could call better plays than some of these coordinators. Collins is one that seemed to drive former players crazy with the defenses he called. A bunch say talent covered up his mess and that is why our defenses didnt look so good when faced with equal talent.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I know where Kerwin is. His first year there he went 8-3.
I want to know why, when we have terrible QB problems, terrible scoring problems, yet Bell is never brought
into consideration.?? I think his VSU HC salary is around $700,000. Wouldn't we pay much more for a combo
co-OC/QB coach?

His offensive stats, first year VSU:
34.6 ppgs
Passing yards/g = 310
Run yds/g = 116
TDs = in 11 games 43 ... 12 R ... 31 P
Red Zone scoring = 81%
And Bell is a Gator Great with an exspansive resume = SEC QB of high standing, NFL game experience and
backup QB NFL practice similation, OC/player Canadian football (likely tougher than college fb), HC/CEO+ of
JU, now HC Valdosta State.

Doing some searching, but I can't find a salary for Kerwin at VSU. But I did find this:

Their first choice was to bring back Chris Hatcher, who is the Steve Spurrier of VSU football (he won the D2 Heisman there and coached their first ever National Championship team). But, Hatcher wanted $200,000/year. They couldn't come up w/ the money. The coach who left VSU, David Dean (creating the opening that Bell took) left to be a position coach at Georgia Southern because he was only making $120K and asked for a $50K raise....and they couldn't come up w/ the money ( this coach also won TWO National Championships at VSU). So, I'd guess Kerwin is making around $150K there....far from the $700K estimate Rog made. Question: was Rog on the sauce when he made this post??

Also, D2 schools can offer 36 scholarships (and they are allowed to give partial scholarships, so they can have more than 36 on scholarship - essentially having 2 players split the money for one scholarship). VSU doesn't give the full 36 scholarships due to budget issues....and that's something they promised Bell they'd do (eventually).

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Thought this was an update that he was leaving Bama and coming here....oh well, at least we're still in it for Cristobal! :woohoo:

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Yeah, he should be Spurrier-ish, based on years of FB experience and the value some think that carries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator