Status
Not open for further replies.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
How can you say he's greatly upgraded the talent when the results are the same or worse?

Again, I can see the hand he was dealt so I'm not underestimating anything. What you fail to see is the truth...he's done NOTHING to improve the offensive results. You simply continue to go back to what poor ol Mac inherited. HE WAS HIRED TO FIX IT AND HAS NOT DONE IT HEADING INTO HIS THIRD FULL SEASON!

He is fixing it by upgrading the talent. That is one big step and we have seen the difference in guys that can make plays to win us games..

Do you need examples?

Callaway against Tennessee - Big play by big time player to win us the game.
Cleveland against LSU - Shakes a defender to get us the much needed TD.

I'm not saying we have become an offensive juggernaut, but I don't know how you can't recognize the upgrade in talent... unless you choose not to. He has only had 2 seasons to rebuild an offense from NOTHING!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He is fixing it by upgrading the talent. That is one big step and we have seen the difference in guys that can make plays to win us games..

Do you need examples?

I'm not saying we have become an offensive juggernaut, but I don't know how you can't recognize the upgrade in talent... unless you choose not to. He has only had 2 seasons to rebuild an offense from NOTHING!

So two plays are the example? Really?

G8RATL

Master of My Domain
Aug 14, 2015
A decent QB makes up for a lot of the woes we see on the field and the inept O #s. As much as I'd like to fully bash Butters and the offensive coaching, he has upgraded the talent and rebuilt from utter trash the O line. Look at the video from last year. We had WRs all over the field wide open with nobody to throw them the ball. That's not coaching nor lack of talent, that's lack of a QB with even mediocre talent to recognize and God forbid through the receiver the ball.

Last edited:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
How can you say he's greatly upgraded the talent when the results are the same or worse?

Again, I can see the hand he was dealt so I'm not underestimating anything. What you fail to see is the truth...he's done NOTHING to improve the offensive results. You simply continue to go back to what poor ol Mac inherited. HE WAS HIRED TO FIX IT AND HAS NOT DONE IT HEADING INTO HIS THIRD FULL SEASON!

Let's look position group by position group... As I see it... he has clearly upgraded 7 spots. QB is TBD depending how Franks plays and trying to factor in Grier's PEDs... Grier was an upgrade over Franks from a talent perspective, but a downgrade because he got suspended... The Slot WR position may be an upgrade or at a minimum a push. Brandon Powell and Goolsby are the only Muschamp guys left.

2015 Offensive Depth Chart Game 1 Starters:

QB: Will Grier or Treon Harris

LT: David Sharpe (SO)
LG: Trip Thurman (SR)
C: Cam Dillard (RSO)
RG: Antonio Riles (RSO)
RT: Mason Halter (RSR)

WR: Demarcus Robinson
WR: Ahmad Fulwood (Callaway didn't start day 1 and he was Mac's recruit anyway)
WR: Brandon Powell

RB: Kelvin Taylor

TE: Jake McGee (R-SR)

2017 Project Depth Chart:

QB: Felipe Franks or LDR (I would say this is a push... probably only area he hasn't clearly upgraded and biggest problem)

RB: Jordan Scarlett (junior) - I think this is an upgrade over KT even though I do think KT was solid.

WR: Antonio Callaway - Clear upgrade over Robinson
WR: Dre Massey - Not sure if this is an upgrade over Powell plus Powell could start here.
WR: Tyrie Cleveland - Clear upgrade over Fulwood - not even close

LT: Martez Ivey (JR) - I'll take Ivey as a JR over Sharpe as a SO
LG: Tyler Jordan (JR) - Jordan is solid and I believe an upgrade over Thurman
C: T.J. McCoy (RSO) - Push? McCoy played well last year, but I haven't seen enough to make a call overall.
RG: Fred Johnson (JR) - Clear upgrade at RB... actually is beating out Riles for this spot.
RT: Jawaan Taylor (SO) - Obvious upgrade

TE: DeAndre Goolsby (SR) - Not an upgrade, but McGee was an addition made by Mac.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

Do you need examples?

So you're hopeful because of 2 friggin plays and your opinion that he's brought in more talent? :lol:
If he's brought in more talent, why hasn't it resulted in increased productivity? Why are we still shopping eBay for a QB, when he's been here for 3 classes? Why is Nord still here? Why is Nuss still here?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TE: DeAndre Goolsby (SR) - Not an upgrade, but McGee was an addition made by Mac.

McGee was brought in my Muschamp, he broke his leg in the first game and was given a medical redshirt for 2014.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So two plays are the example? Really?

Sorry that I don't have the time to pull up every TD by a playmaker... I figured those two key game winning plays would be an example.. we didn't have that with Muschamp

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
McGee was brought in my Muschamp, he broke his leg in the first game and was given a medical redshirt for 2014.

My bad.. for some reason I thought 2015 was the year he broke his leg, but fine.. Mac hasn't upgraded TE... yet. Gamble might be the guy for that.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So you're hopeful because of 2 friggin plays and your opinion that he's brought in more talent? :lol:
If he's brought in more talent, why hasn't it resulted in increased productivity? Why are we still shopping eBay for a QB, when he's been here for 3 classes? Why is Nord still here? Why is Nuss still here?

Because he brought in talent that have only been here 2 years and it takes more than 2 years to build a full offense! Especially around OFFENSIVE LINE! WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Because he brought in talent that have only been here 2 years and it takes more than 2 years to build a full offense! Especially around OFFENSIVE LINE! WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND
I don't understand pipe dreams. I understand what I see and that's a steam piling of sh*t.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't understand pipe dreams. I understand what I see and that's a steam piling of sh*t.

I definitely get that you don't understand and can't see the forest through the trees.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry that I don't have the time to pull up every TD by a playmaker... I figured those two key game winning plays would be an example.. we didn't have that with Muschamp

We didn't have any wins with Muschamp? Just because we beat a Tennessee team playing Prevent Defense for 5 minutes with a blown coverage, and an LSU team that had a blown coverage. What team with equal or better talent have we beaten, Tennessee in 2015 wasn't as talented as a whole as us. In 2015, we played down to FAU, Vandy, ECU, Missouri and USCe. In 2016 we played down to almost everyone we should have been more talented than except Kentucky. We lost to a middling Tennessee and Arkansas team. We got smoked by FSU and FSU. So you bring up two plays. You could make the same argument about Muschamp verse Tennessee in 2012/13, his game against FSU and LSU in 2012, etc... If we are sooo much better why are we in the 100s in offensive rank?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We didn't have any wins with Muschamp? Just because we beat a Tennessee team playing Prevent Defense for 5 minutes with a blown coverage, and an LSU team that had a blown coverage. What team with equal or better talent have we beaten, Tennessee in 2015 wasn't as talented as a whole as us. In 2015, we played down to FAU, Vandy, ECU, Missouri and USCe. In 2016 we played down to almost everyone we should have been more talented than except Kentucky. We lost to a middling Tennessee and Arkansas team. We got smoked by FSU and FSU. So you bring up two plays. You could make the same argument about Muschamp verse Tennessee in 2012/13, his game against FSU and LSU in 2012, etc... If we are sooo much better why are we in the 100s in offensive rank?

I'm talking about big game changing plays... I can think of some from 2012 against Texas A&M, LSU (Gilly), FSU (Jones), but how many of those were Muschamp guys (Jones only I think). Driskel was a Meyer commit who stayed with Muschamp, but you can even give Champ credit for him if you want... he made some nice passes (Texas A&M and Tenn) during 2012, but what true speed guys did Muschamp recruit?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm talking about big game changing plays... I can think of some from 2012 against Texas A&M, LSU (Gilly), FSU (Jones), but how many of those were Muschamp guys (Jones only I think). Driskel was a Meyer commit who stayed with Muschamp, but you can even give Champ credit for him if you want... he made some nice passes (Texas A&M and Tenn) during 2012, but what true speed guys did Muschamp recruit?

As I said I have no issue if you want to say McElwain has recruited better, which I think is actually a more damaging statement. He has recruited better, but had the same results. You keep cherry picking situations, but it's going into year three. We have had two straight 100+ ranked offenses. I want to be positive, but we have no reason to be. The best quarterback we have had was marginal with the playcalling against the best defenses, and was above average against the bad ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.