UPDATE: QB Justin Fields Commits to The Puppies

Status
Not open for further replies.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
They are judging on fluff articles rather than actual knowledge.
Look at those making the predictions. Seems like they are basing it more on how Fields did in the camp than actually knowing anything.

i remember last year(since I'm not a 247 guy) someone telling me not to go by the overall number but where the latest picks are going...idk

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
i remember last year(since I'm not a 247 guy) someone telling me not to go by the overall number but where the latest picks are going...idk
I'd say yes and no to that...they are more recent, however, I'd also look at who they work for, are analysts for, as well as their prediction rate as well.

Sometimes these guys just feed off of each other and don't really predict anything.

Let's see how it looks a week or so out after Fields visits UF next week.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I'd say yes and no to that...they are more recent, however, I'd also look at who they work for, are analysts for, as well as their prediction rate as well.

Sometimes these guys just feed off of each other and don't really predict anything.

Let's see how it looks a week or so out after Fields visits UF next week.

Yeah...I think it might've even been you that told me that.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah...I think it might've even been you that told me that.
I don't believe that was me.

Also, one more thing, of the 4 schools, FSU makes the least sense from a depth chart perspective, they are loaded. I honestly think they are 3rd or 4th on the list in reality.

All 3 of the others make more sense in comparison.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I don't believe that was me.

Also, one more thing, of the 4 schools, FSU makes the least sense from a depth chart perspective, they are loaded. I honestly think they are 3rd or 4th on the list in reality.

All 3 of the others make more sense in comparison.

Disagree. Francois can technically leave after this year. A big year and who knows. UGA has Eason and Frohm. We have? Who knows. Stidham could blow up also and leave. FSU, AU and UF all show early PT is possible. Also, he mentioned having no problem RS.

FSU is a roadblock, IMHO. Maybe we'll finally catch a break and he'll commit. Have faith in Nuss.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Disagree. Francois can technically leave after this year. A big year and who knows. UGA has Eason and Frohm. We have? Who knows. Stidham could blow up also and leave. FSU, AU and UF all show early PT is possible. Also, he mentioned having no problem RS.

FSU is a roadblock, IMHO. Maybe we'll finally catch a break and he'll commit. Have faith in Nuss.
Pretty sure the guys behind Francois are no walk ons certainly better than anything we have on our roster. :lol:
AU also has a yuuuge 6'5" 230ish guy already committed as well who is a top 100 guy.

UGA seems to be locked up for a few years, though they need depth, they aren't going to get it from a guy like Fields.

I guess the question is, how early does he want to play? I think that favors us if he wants to play early. If he doesn't mind sitting up to 2 years, then he'll gp somewhere else.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/justin-fields-iverson-clement-gators
Florida commit gives Gators ’88 percent’ chance with 5-star QB Justin Fields
DSC_0076-1_ypv2lq.jpg

Iverson Clement is Florida's highest-rated offensive commit.
Chris Kirschner/SEC Country

BRADENTON, Fla. — Iverson Clement is the lone Florida commit competing this weekend in the NFA7v7 national championship at IMG Academy.

The 4-star running back from Mount Holly, N.J., pledged to the Gators two months ago after visiting UF in the spring. He returned to campus last week for summer camp.

“I’m 110 percent locked in,” Clement said. “Right now, I’m just building the class and trying to get guys to join. Right now we don’t have a quarterback, so I’m talking to Justin Fields.”

“We talk on Twitter a lot. He’s a cool guy. I thought I was bigger than him, but he’s a big dude. I was watching him play. Strong arm, very accurate, nice posture. I like that about him.”

Fields has become one of the nation’s most high-profile recruits since de-committing from Penn State on June 6. Georgia, Auburn and Florida State all received visits this week from the nation’s No. 1 dual-threat quarterback.

SEC Country first reported Tuesday that Fields is scheduled to visit Florida next week after the NFA7v7 tournament. Fields confirmed those plans Saturday during his brief interview with reporters at IMG Academy.

Fields also told Clement he’s visiting UF early next week.

“High,” Clement said when asked about Florida’s chances with Fields. “I’d say 88 percent out of 100.”

After weeks of communicating on social media, Clement and Fields met for first time Saturday. Their 7-on-7 teams played against each other and Clement made a bet with Fields.

“If we beat you, you gotta commit,” Clement said. “I was just joking, but we beat his team. He just laughed at me and shook his head after the game.

“I think I impressed him. I scored 3 times. Every time I touched the ball I wanted to put on a show for him on purpose, so that’s exactly what I did.”

Fields is hoping to decide before the start of his senior season. Clement plans to continue recruiting Fields, though he keeps those conversations casual.

“I don’t want to bug him too much,” Clement said. “Some people take things certain ways. It’s all about how he feels. I’m not the type of dude to put pressure on anybody. Whatever he feels comfortable with, I’ll support him.

“I just told him, ‘Yo, man. I’ve been to Florida and the coaching staff is really sold on you. They feel like you can change everything and bring the Gators back.’ He already knows. That’s why he’s visiting.”

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
DSC_0076-1_ypv2lq.jpg

BRADENTON, Fla. — Iverson Clement is the lone Florida commit competing this weekend in the NFA7v7 national championship at IMG Academy.

The 4-star running back from Mount Holly, N.J., pledged to the Gators two months ago after visiting UF in the spring. He returned to campus last week for summer camp.

“I’m 110 percent locked in,” Clement said. “Right now, I’m just building the class and trying to get guys to join. Right now we don’t have a quarterback, so I’m talking to Justin Fields.”

“We talk on Twitter a lot. He’s a cool guy. I thought I was bigger than him, but he’s a big dude. I was watching him play. Strong arm, very accurate, nice posture. I like that about him.”

Fields has become one of the nation’s most high-profile recruits since de-committing from Penn State on June 6. Georgia, Auburn and Florida State all received visits this week from the nation’s No. 1 dual-threat quarterback.

SEC Country first reported Tuesday that Fields is scheduled to visit Florida next week after the NFA7v7 tournament. Fields confirmed those plans Saturday during his brief interview with reporters at IMG Academy.

“High,” Clement said when asked about Florida’s chances with Fields. “I’d say 88 percent out of 100.”

After weeks of communicating on social media, Clement and Fields met for first time Saturday. Their 7-on-7 teams played against each other and Clement made a bet with Fields.

“If we beat you, you gotta commit,” Clement said. “I was just joking, but we beat his team. He just laughed at me and shook his head after the game.

“I think I impressed him. I scored 3 times. Every time I touched the ball I wanted to put on a show for him on purpose, so that’s exactly what I did.”

Fields is hoping to decide before the start of his senior season. Clement plans to continue recruiting Fields, though he keeps those conversations casual.

“I don’t want to bug him too much,” Clement said. “Some people take things certain ways. It’s all about how he feels. I’m not the type of dude to put pressure on anybody. Whatever he feels comfortable with, I’ll support him.

“I just told him, ‘Yo, man. I’ve been to Florida and the coaching staff is really sold on you. They feel like you can change everything and bring the Gators back.’ He already knows. That’s why he’s visiting.”
wfa.gif

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Let's hope Fields wants Clement as his RB!

Screw Clement! Let's hope Fields wants to be a Gator with or without Clement.

Disclaimer: I don't really mean "screw clement". It's a saying...Like...screw that, let's get Fields. I apologize for any misunderstanding. I personally LOVE Clement as a person and scholar athlete. No Clements were harmed during the typing of this post.

Last edited:

the_alphagator1906

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
DSC_0076-1_ypv2lq.jpg

This kid Clement is my new favorite commit.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Screw Clement! Let's hope Fields wants to be a Gator with or without Clement.

Agree with your main point, but building relationships with other players is often as important as the coaches doing the recruiting. It doesn't hurt when the RB recruiting you is tearing up the competition.

And "screw the 4* RB" after all your ranting about 3*U sounds really, um... let's just say it was a poor choice of words.

Sundaysunday

Jul 27, 2014
And "screw the 4* RB" after all your ranting about 3*U sounds really, um... let's just say it was a poor choice of words.

I'm not a fan of saying screw a recruit that is actively recruiting for UF. It sounds like Clement is all Gator and I am glad he will be wearing orange and blue.

Im also encouraged he scored multiple touchdowns.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I'm not a fan of saying screw a recruit that is actively recruiting for UF. It sounds like Clement is all Gator and I am glad he will be wearing orange and blue.

I get the point he was trying to make, it was just a really bad way to express it. It's one of those foot-in-mouth moments that is followed by "wanna get away?" or "here, eat a snickers..."

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Agree with your main point, but building relationships with other players is often as important as the coaches doing the recruiting. It doesn't hurt when the RB recruiting you is tearing up the competition.

It's a joke. Calm down. I know we're all a little tightly wound around here but I wasn't really saying "screw Clement".

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
It's a joke. Calm down. I know we're all a little tightly wound around here but I wasn't really saying "screw Clement".

See where I said, "agree with your main point?" I knew what you were getting at. I still say it's a poor choice of words for two reasons:

1. The internet is forever (I don't care if kids don't read message boards).

2. My previous comment. It only solidifies everyone else's opinion that we could land the #1 recruiting class, win the national title, and you'd still find something to complain about.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
See where I said, "agree with your main point?" I knew what you were getting at. I still say it's a poor choice of words for two reasons:

1. The internet is forever (I don't care if kids don't read message boards).

2. My previous comment. It only solidifies everyone else's opinion that we could land the #1 recruiting class, win the national title, and you'd still find something to complain about.

Disclaimer: I don't really mean "screw clement". It's a saying...Like...screw that, let's get Fields. I apologize for any misunderstanding. I personally LOVE Clement as a person and scholar athlete. No Clements were harmed during the typing of this post.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator